It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

javier0889: Yes, GMG usually says you must get a Capsule client to play certain games. It's on the small print though...
In the panel on the right, with the price and the button to purchase, there is the logo of Steam or "Other DRM" in the case of the games that require Capsule.
Leroux: "DRM key"? That's a pretty awkward typo. :D (at least I hope it is)
Grargar: I think it's not a typo, especially since it appears on so many of the games, but instead an indication that the Desura key uses Topware's proprietary DRM.
Just bought this one. Interestingly, every game tagged with either "DRM Free" or "DRM Key" offers an .exe installer on Indie Royale's bundle download page. However, I haven't tried installing one yet to verify if any DRM is incorporated into them (hopefully not). It does make me a little less certain on the meaning of "DRM Key", though...
expopower: Just bought this one. Interestingly, every game tagged with either "DRM Free" or "DRM Key" offers an .exe installer on Indie Royale's bundle download page. However, I haven't tried installing one yet to verify if any DRM is incorporated into them (hopefully not). It does make me a little less certain on the meaning of "DRM Key", though...
I'm inclined to think it means an activation key. Not one that requires you to be connected to the internet, but just an unlimited use one to enter in order to activate the software.
expopower: Just bought this one. Interestingly, every game tagged with either "DRM Free" or "DRM Key" offers an .exe installer on Indie Royale's bundle download page. However, I haven't tried installing one yet to verify if any DRM is incorporated into them (hopefully not). It does make me a little less certain on the meaning of "DRM Key", though...
Please do try installing one of those games with "DRM" keys. Games like X-Blades ask you for a serial after installation. This serial is then checked online before it allows you to play the game. Each Topware game that has this online activation requirement, also has limited activations (3 or 5 depending on the game).
high rated
August Bundle at IndieGala

$3.99 (First 24 hours) for

- Voyager (Windows / Desura)
- Porradaria Upgrade (Windows / Desura)
- Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Ep. 1 (Windows, Mac, Linux / Steam)
- Truffle Saga (Windows, Mac / Steam)
- Racer 8 (Windows / Steam)
- Shiny the Firefly (Windows, Mac, Linux / Steam)
- Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded (Windows, Mac, Linux / Steam)
- Cold War (Windows / Steam)
- Us and Them (Windows / Steam)
- R.I.P.D. The Game (Windows / Steam)
Coelocanth: I'm inclined to think it means an activation key. Not one that requires you to be connected to the internet, but just an unlimited use one to enter in order to activate the software.
Grargar: Please do try installing one of those games with "DRM" keys. Games like X-Blades ask you for a serial after installation. This serial is then checked online before it allows you to play the game. Each Topware game that has this online activation requirement, also has limited activations (3 or 5 depending on the game).
Just installed Planets Under Attack, looks like it does incorporate the 3rd-party DRM everyone has been mentioning. What a hassle! Needing to copy in a key and verifying it via internet (or phone, apparently that's an option) with every install.
Post edited August 13, 2014 by expopower
madth3: - R.I.P.D. The Game (Windows / Steam)
Someone who wants to know who Totalbiscuit is might want to watch his video of this.
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 77

-Flatspace II -60%/$4.80 (DRM-Free)
-Gray Matter -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Hinterland -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Lylian Episode One 75%/$.100 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Remington Super Slam Hunting Alaska -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
-The Cat Lady -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key+Desura Key)

expopower: Just installed Planets Under Attack, looks like it does incorporate the 3rd-party DRM everyone has been mentioning. What a hassle! Needing to copy in a key and verifying it via internet (or phone, apparently that's an option) with every install.
Thank you for the confirmation.
max payne complete for £5.84

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/27275/
oh, thanks for sharing, bro!
CptFandango: max payne complete for £5.84

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/27275/
Hmm, I can't see that, I only see MP3 complete for 7 euros and MP bundle for 3.
GamersGate deals.

Empire Earth Daily Deal -75%

Empire Earth Gold Edition €1.25
Empire Earth II: Gold Edition €2.00
Empire Earth III €2.00

All three games are DRM-Free.

Warhammer Weekend Deal -75%
Interestingly enough, there is both a Steam-less and a Steam version of the first Dawn of War game on sale.

Vikings & Roses Weekend Deal
75% off for everything related to War of the Roses and 50% off for everything related to War of the Vikings.
Post edited August 14, 2014 by Grargar
expopower: Just installed Planets Under Attack, looks like it does incorporate the 3rd-party DRM everyone has been mentioning. What a hassle! Needing to copy in a key and verifying it via internet (or phone, apparently that's an option) with every install.
Thanks for the info!

So it seems that IndieRoyale has gone straight to hell with their bundles.
They have had some Steam only games in the past, but I think all of those (or at least most of them) were DRM-free.

Not counting repeat bundles, this will be the first IR bundle that I won't be buying.
After IR taking this route, I think it won't be the last.

Are there any good bundles left?
Humble is married with Steam, IR is now infected with DRM, BIAB is dead, Groupees bundles rarely offer anything interesting these days...
Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the bundle boom?
Bundlestars 8 Ball Bundle:

Pool Nation (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
FX Football (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
International Snooker
Out of the Park Baseball 14
Franchise Hockey Manager (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
World Basketball Tycoon
Total Golf Pro 3

All Steam, $2.99
#30 to #21 GMG deals live here

30. Thief 2 $1.74 (Steam Key)

29. Deus Ex GOTY $1.74 (Steam Key)

28.Tomb Raider (2013) GOTY $7.49 (Steam Key)

27. Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $4.99 (Steam Key)

26.Fallout 1 $2.49 (Steam Key)

25. Morrowind GOTY $6.79 (Steam Key)

24.Return to Castle Wolfenstein $2.49 (Steam Key)

23. Dragon Age Origins $4.99 (Origin Key)

22. BattleField 2 Complete $4.99 (Origin Key)

21. Crysis Maximum Edition $7.49 (Origin Key)

note for BF2 Complete: even though its description states it requires Origin to activate, another note states "Keys for this title CANNOT be redeemed on Origin, but will have to be redeemed through EA's older activation service."
Post edited August 14, 2014 by BenKii