It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WireHead: Anybody can explain me how I can access the non Steam games, after buying them? Do I just download them, via browser (like GOG allows me to do) or do I need to install any kind of "client" to do that?
They have their own client/downloader. You need to "authorise" the computer for the downloader to work, and I'm unsure of how many computers can be authorised. So far I'm at 3. You can copy the games from one computer to another, but will need an internet connection and authorisation to be able to install it the first time. After that I do not believe an internet connection is required.

I found out the hard way, when I downloaded Avadon: The Black Fortress at a friend's house and tried to play it when I got home. I was out of data(no fixed line internet where I live - yeah the dark ages! :P) and assumed that because I had downloaded the game, that I could play it. No such luck until I recharged my data and loaded up their client. I guess in that way it works identically to Steam but does not require the client to launch everytime.
StingingVelvet: That Sonic pack is insane. I'm super tempted even though I would surely never play them.
Don't do it man. Don't do it! Resist the temptation! Be strong. You will be glad later on. You can put that ten spot towards a great game you will actually play.
Post edited May 17, 2013 by dirtyharry50
StingingVelvet: That Sonic pack is insane. I'm super tempted even though I would surely never play them.
dirtyharry50: Don't do it man. Don't do it! Resist the temptation! Be strong. You will be glad later on. You can put that ten spot towards a great game you will actually play.
This is a good advice :)

---

I haven't seen this posted here yet, a new bundle to promote bitcoins.

The Bitcoin Bundle

Here are the games included in this bundle:

- Eufloria HD Beta
- Eufloria Classic (Steam)
- And Yet It Moves (Steam)
- World of Goo (Steam)
- Spirits (Steam)

Pay what you want.
10% is donated to the EFF.

Minimum Amount to Pay to get Steam keys: BTC 0.01 otherwise pay any amount you want for DRM Free copy.

Details on what is Bitcoin and how you could get it is included in the website.

https://www.thebitcoinbundle.com/
> Anybody can explain me how I can access the non Steam games, after buying them? Do I just download them, via browser (like GOG allows me to do) or do I need to install any kind of "client" to do that?

It depends.

Most of the casual games (Avadon counts as a casual game since it's in their casual section although it's NOT a casual game) require a one time internet activation after you install them.

They used to have a download client (I think the casual games still use it) but regular PC games (they call them "core") now have a stub EXE file you dl. Run that file and it DLs everything else. You can save those files and install them again instead of re-downloading.

The client asks you if you want it to run all the time but the ONLY time you need it is when you're downloading and activating casual games. So you can just run it when you need it.

After you get that download there may or may not be DRM. It depends on the publisher. For example, Divinity II had a one-time internet activation but after Larian took off the protection, Amazon EVENTUALLY put up a new version that had no DRM.

Amazon sells lots of steam games. When you buy those you can download a steam archive OR just copy the steam key. Or both.
Artki: > Anybody can explain me how I can access the non Steam games, after buying them? Do I just download them, via browser (like GOG allows me to do) or do I need to install any kind of "client" to do that?

It depends.

Most of the casual games (Avadon counts as a casual game since it's in their casual section although it's NOT a casual game) require a one time internet activation after you install them.

They used to have a download client (I think the casual games still use it) but regular PC games (they call them "core") now have a stub EXE file you dl. Run that file and it DLs everything else. You can save those files and install them again instead of re-downloading.

The client asks you if you want it to run all the time but the ONLY time you need it is when you're downloading and activating casual games. So you can just run it when you need it.

After you get that download there may or may not be DRM. It depends on the publisher. For example, Divinity II had a one-time internet activation but after Larian took off the protection, Amazon EVENTUALLY put up a new version that had no DRM.

Amazon sells lots of steam games. When you buy those you can download a steam archive OR just copy the steam key. Or both.
Thanks for that clarification. I have yet to download a "core" game due to limited access to the net :)
I've played an hour of Aliens: Colonial Marines and it was pretty awesome. When does it get horrible?
StingingVelvet: I've played an hour of Aliens: Colonial Marines and it was pretty awesome. When does it get horrible?
Hows the AI? Have you started to fight the ummmm.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by nijuu
StingingVelvet: I've played an hour of Aliens: Colonial Marines and it was pretty awesome. When does it get horrible?
nijuu: Hows the AI? Have you started to fight the ummmm.
They mostly crawled towards me along walls and shit, but that's pretty much what they did in the movie after they were seen. It's clearly an AlienS game, not an Alien game.

An Alien game would be pretty boss, though.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by StingingVelvet
nijuu: Hows the AI? Have you started to fight the ummmm.
StingingVelvet: They mostly crawled towards me along walls and shit, but that's pretty much what they did in the movie after they were seen. It's clearly an AlienS game, not an Alien game.

An Alien game would be pretty boss, though.
if u read any of the reviews you'll pretty much know what the positives and downers are (well when it was reviewed...dunno since then)
nijuu: if u read any of the reviews you'll pretty much know what the positives and downers are (well when it was reviewed...dunno since then)
I don't really care about reviews. I'll see how it plays out for myself... for now I am enjoying it, well worth $12.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by StingingVelvet
Not sure if anyone noticed but Drakensang River of Time is $2.99 AND its a steamcode (dont think it was listed as such previously)
nijuu: Not sure if anyone noticed but Drakensang River of Time is $2.99 AND its a steamcode (dont think it was listed as such previously)
How is that possible. It isnt even listed for me...? Region locked?
http://www.thegamecollection.net/duke-nukem-forever-pc.html
http://www.shinyloot.com/keys-indie-sale
nijuu: Not sure if anyone noticed but Drakensang River of Time is $2.99 AND its a steamcode (dont think it was listed as such previously)
That has changed. There are 2 versions - Steam and non-Steam(using Amazon's servers). Earlier today when I checked the Steam version was listed at $7.50 and the non-Steam at $2.99. I would much rather the Steam version but purchased the other hastily due to the price difference :(

Steam - http://www.amazon.com/Drakensang-River-Time-Online-Game/dp/B00CLVZGNW/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1368866053&sr=1-4&keywords=drakensang

Non-Steam - http://www.amazon.com/Cosmi-40546ver-Time1-Drakensang-Download/dp/B004HW76E0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1368866053&sr=1-1&keywords=drakensang
Tarnicus: That has changed. There are 2 versions - Steam and non-Steam(using Amazon's servers). Earlier today when I checked the Steam version was listed at $7.50 and the non-Steam at $2.99. I would much rather the Steam version but purchased the other hastily due to the price difference :(

Steam - http://www.amazon.com/Drakensang-River-Time-Online-Game/dp/B00CLVZGNW/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1368866053&sr=1-4&keywords=drakensang

Non-Steam - http://www.amazon.com/Cosmi-40546ver-Time1-Drakensang-Download/dp/B004HW76E0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1368866053&sr=1-1&keywords=drakensang
Both are 2,99$ on Amazon, when I checked just now.