It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

metalkidz: Nope; at least with me when i play NFS Carbon and Battlefield 2 ( I still don't try much).

/ps:Sr OT: This new EA deal on Amazon is really tempting; but i just need Merc 2 so i will pay by PP $ for the code if anyone dont want this game and u get rest of bundle as usual ( i have plenty Steam Games code too if u want)
My top wishlist is NFS ProStreet, just want get it as soon as cheap enough before EA don't want sell it anymore
grinninglich: I bought the Amazon deal, installed Bulletstorm and fucked... You have to be Logged In to Windows Live play the Bulletstorm. To play a single player game? What the fuck is this?
It's madness I say, it's madness!
Do not buy the Bulletstorm! Do not buy the Amazon bundle if you are buying it for the Bulletstorm! GFWL in Bulletstorm is a real nightmare. And it requires a constant internet connection. GFWL is buggy, inconsistent, slow... You have to see it to be believe it. Here exactly what happened when trying to play the game:

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/1248-Bulletstorm-GFWL-DRM-and-a-lot-of-my-wasted-time...
grinninglich: Do not buy the Bulletstorm! Do not buy the Amazon bundle if you are buying it for the Bulletstorm! GFWL in Bulletstorm is a real nightmare. And it requires a constant internet connection. GFWL is buggy, inconsistent, slow... You have to see it to be believe it. Here exactly what happened when trying to play the game:

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/1248-Bulletstorm-GFWL-DRM-and-a-lot-of-my-wasted-time...
I'm not a fan of GFWL either but when we bought Bulletstorm I don't remember any particular issues and the GF had plenty of fun playing through the game to justify the sales price.

I've had some issues where I had to manually upgrade GFWL to be able to play some of my games that had it but overall beyond that it has been rather meek. But then my internet is rocksolid, so perhaps for people with lesser internet it's a different experience. Not sure anymore what games I have that use it. Gotham City Imposters, Bulletstorm, Batman Arkham Asylum and City... and maybe some others xD
Post edited October 02, 2012 by Pheace
what is GFWL please ?
Ian: what is GFWL please ?
Games for Windows Live

Some form of DRM that can be a pain in the ass to work with unless you use offline profiles.
Post edited October 02, 2012 by Aningan
Games for Windows Live. Microsoft's attempt at an online system for matchmaking, achievements and social stuff like that, also potentially usable as DRM. It's universally hated because frankly, it's crap. If you ever find yourself having to deal with it, make an offline profile, you will save yourselves a lot of headache.
Post edited October 02, 2012 by bazilisek
bazilisek: Games for Windows Live.
ah thank you very much :)
bazilisek: Games for Windows Live. Microsoft's attempt at an online system for matchmaking, achievements and social stuff like that, also potentially usable as DRM. It's universally hated because frankly, it's crap. If you ever find yourself having to deal with it, make an offline profile, you will save yourselves a lot of headache.
I am quite a fan of that system and I never had a problem. It is better than its reputation.
dyscode: Anybody knows the "The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack Contains" can be registerd on Origin?
MAke sure you don't accidentally activate the censored version of Bulletstorm (USK sticker and only two languages). I had both to choose (but my code came from GG UK).
Post edited October 02, 2012 by SimonG
SimonG: I am quite a fan of that system and I never had a problem. It is better than its reputation.
It once gobbled up my Fallout 3 saves (though I was able to recover those) and there were several people on this very forum for whom GfWL randomly deleted all progress in Arkham City while making sure they couldn't use someone else's save game, either. Which are pretty huge issues, if you ask me.
GFWL also makes it a pain in the ass to download DLC packs-
Steam Daily:

Universe at War

Steam Midweek:

The Secret World

Elder Scrolls Collection (and individual games)
Post edited October 02, 2012 by Argentum42
Luisfius: GFWL also makes it a pain in the ass to download DLC packs-
Oh yes, that is really terrible.

On second thought, I actually only like the "meat achievement" thingy with the points. And the fact that I associate it with a lot of really good games....
SimonG: I am quite a fan of that system and I never had a problem. It is better than its reputation.
bazilisek: It once gobbled up my Fallout 3 saves (though I was able to recover those) and there were several people on this very forum for whom GfWL randomly deleted all progress in Arkham City while making sure they couldn't use someone else's save game, either. Which are pretty huge issues, if you ask me.
You probably know this by now, but still: Games for Windows Live Disabler or the Fallout Script Extender will disable GfWL in Fallout 3.
Steam Sale on the Elder Scrolls series!

I finally picked up Morrowind & Oblivion complete editions!! Although I'll have to live on bread for the rest of the month at the rate I've been buying games recently.. :D
vinaysshenoy: Steam Sale on the Elder Scrolls series!
It's sucks . ( Skyrim + its DLC are region restricted )