It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Luisfius: Amazon has its own payments service. Which is easier than paypal.
doesn't get much easier than PayPal, but whatever you say.

Luisfius: Also, Paypal are notorious assholes.
how so? been using PayPal for years, never had a single problem.

Luisfius: If there is something that needs competition, it is paypal.
so, your idea of competition is offering a different payment system EXCLUSIVELY while ignoring the other payment method? you call that competition? how about giving customers a choice? you could continue to use their own payment system while i could use PayPal. nothing would change for you, but Amazon, PayPal and I would all win.
Post edited March 29, 2012 by Fred_DM
ne_zavarj: I'm bored . There's nothing good on sale .
You could always support Gog.com and get Machinarium ;)
Smaller, unlisted Amazon Digital deals:

Tropico 4, $19.99 - Amazon might bring it down lower to price match GamersGate soon.

Trine, $5.43

Those on top of the Weeklong Mass Effect 1 and 2 sale and the Buy 3, pay 2 sale in retail games.
EA's selling Batman: AC for €10 if you buy Mass Effect 3 from Origin today.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.mass-effect-3-IE
Post edited March 29, 2012 by grynn
Fred_DM: how about giving customers a choice? you could continue to use their own payment system while i could use PayPal. nothing would change for you, but Amazon, PayPal and I would all win.
Amazon would need to create a paypal account and pay 1.9% of all their transactions + nominal fee per transaction.

The standard rate for receiving payments for goods and services is 3.4%.

If you receive more than €2,500.00 EUR per month, you're eligible to apply for PayPal's Merchant Rate - which lowers your fees as your sales volume increases. Your fees can be as low as 1.9%, based on your previous month's sales volume.
I'm sorry but I just don't see how Amazon would "win" by giving Ebay a few millions. Because considering the amount of stuff Amazon sells world wide you are talking about millions, not small change.
Post edited March 29, 2012 by Aningan
King's Bounty: The Legend is 75% off, uses Capsule.
Post edited March 29, 2012 by ABH20
ABH20: King's Bounty: The Legend is 75% off, uses Capsule.
GMG ? Eww . Never liked that website .
PandaLiang: Yea. Paypal is owned by Ebay, so it's obvious why they don't accept it.
Fred_DM: why does everyone else accept PayPal, then? Amazon should get off its high horse and join us in the 21st century. credit cards are so 1980s...
Amazon.com sells their own payment solution, the more people that already have an account the more valuable their platform becomes. Accepting Paypal is simply bad business sense.

And seriously, fuck Paypal, they aren't anything special and renowned for their shitty business practices.
Also, Paypal are notorious assholes. If there is something that needs competition, it is paypal.
Ah I see others have common sense as well:)
Post edited March 29, 2012 by orcishgamer
Also, Paypal are notorious assholes. If there is something that needs competition, it is paypal.
+1

I don't like PP and I don't use it if I can help it. I'm glad that Skrill/Moneybookers becomes more and more popular, hopefully one day they will be known enough to be a strong competition to PP.
nagytow: +1

I don't like PP and I don't use it if I can help it. I'm glad that Skrill/Moneybookers becomes more and more popular, hopefully one day they will be known enough to be a strong competition to PP.
Word!
Steam Daily Deal: Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack is 75% off.
Steam Weekend Deal: Gotham City Impostors and it's DLC is 50% off.
Steam Weekend Deal: Trine 2 is 50% off, including the Collector's Edition. Trine 1 is 80% off (it's on the same page).
ABH20: Steam Daily Deal: Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack is 75% off.
Steam Weekend Deal: Gotham City Impostors and it's DLC is 50% off.
Steam Weekend Deal: Trine 2 is 50% off, including the Collector's Edition. Trine 1 is 80% off (it's on the same page).
The only thing deserving the cash is Trine 2 and I do hope it comes to GOG
spinefarm: The only thing deserving the cash is Trine 2 and I do hope it comes to GOG
I think Trine 1 also does. Except it is also available on GOG, which is much better. :)
spinefarm: The only thing deserving the cash is Trine 2 and I do hope it comes to GOG
ZPavelZ: I think Trine 1 also does. Except it is also available on GOG, which is much better. :)
Trine 1 I was puting on everybodys backlog already :)
spinefarm: Trine 1 I was puting on everybodys backlog already :)
Well this web-site used to be called Good Old Games after all. ;)