It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

abolat: it's about Nazis, it is supposedly taking during WWII, there are swastikas everywhere... isn't that enough for Germany to censor a game? From what I know, they had the games removed from stores upon release and prevented digital sales as well.
SimonG: By "here" I meant Sweden, which is my current ip. They shouldn't feel the need to use the german version. Yes, there is a heavily edited german version that removes all traces of WW2 and nazis, which got a 16 rating. But this one has been recalled by Activision (rumors say) due to them overlooking a swatzika which still was in the game.

Being in Sweden I should get the uncensored european version. But it shows me the german version....
Don't they go by your payment information and where you set up the account? I thought someone said you had to actually call them and ask that they pin you to a certain reason (e.g. if you travel a lot for work).
All Strategy First games on DotEmu 50% off
DRM-Free all of them ;)
Burnout: Paradise is on 4.99 on Amazon Game Downloads right now. How does this game to compare to other racing games, namely Criterion's other racing game NFS: HP 2010? It seems like a lot of content but how is the actual racing? The open world aspect of a purely racing game doesn't really appeal, but it looks pretty cool.

Thoughts?
dutchexcalibur: Burnout: Paradise is on 4.99 on Amazon Game Downloads right now. How does this game to compare to other racing games, namely Criterion's other racing game NFS: HP 2010? It seems like a lot of content but how is the actual racing? The open world aspect of a purely racing game doesn't really appeal, but it looks pretty cool.

Thoughts?
I like it, but it's very arcade. Don't expect a simulator like GRID or anything like that.
orcishgamer: Don't they go by your payment information and where you set up the account? I thought someone said you had to actually call them and ask that they pin you to a certain reason (e.g. if you travel a lot for work).
After some serious research (opening my Steam client and my browser) I guess they go by the language setting. On my Steam client, where I'm logged in including payment info, I see the original nazis version but on my browser, which is in german,I get the german version.

On a side note, I can't buy anything while I'm on my swedish IP because Steam checks location and payment location. But I've accidentally did this sometimes and got a "payment issues" warning during checkout. And Steam never "banned" or did any other shennnanigans with my account.
The First Templar is the daily deal of GG, 75% off.
grynn: The First Templar is the daily deal of GG, 75% off.
Great "B" game! Completed it several times on STEAM and on x360. It the GG versions goes through steam then feel free to look me up. I'll happily Co-Op through it again.
grynn: The First Templar is the daily deal of GG, 75% off.
I got this for around 10 USD on XBox 360. The combat and graphics are kind of clunky but it turned out to be kind of fun, better than I expected in fact.
Found via the Steramgift forums:
Nuuvem (brazilian site) is having a big sale.

Some examples:
Magicka Collection (the retail version with 8 DLCs): 4,60 USD
Total War: Shogun 2: 5,78 USD
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 8,69 USD

All the items on sale here.

The prices are in Brazilian Reals.

I haven't tried buying anything but I read the site is legit and people reporting not having any problem buying there (for Steam games at least).
Tallima: The first Mass effect is on Amazon, too, for $4.99.

(I was just going to buy it, then I saw all the SecuROM and 3 activations and on-line requirements. And it's EA. I almost broke my vow.)

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40465Mass-Effect-Download/dp/B00477472Y/
abolat: There are no limits to install anymore. EA provided a de-authorization tool for SecuRom protected games and one of them is Mass Effect. Still, your choice at the end of the day.
Wow. That gives me hope for a better future. :D Thanks!
Dragobr: Daily deal on Steam is 75% off Wolfenstein.
Anyone know if this comes with 3rd party DRM on Steam?
korell: Anyone know if this comes with 3rd party DRM on Steam?
Steam page doesn't mention it, so I'd guess not. Generally they say when it has secuROM or TAGES, particularly if it has activation limits.
uchos: The prices are in Brazilian Reals.
Do you know if they charge your CC in reals or in dollars. My cc has a 3% exchange fee :-(
Don't see any mention of it on the product page, so I assume there isn't any.

Deal ends in one hour, so anyone on the fence about getting needs to make up their mind now.
ABH20: Don't see any mention of it on the product page, so I assume there isn't any.

Deal ends in one hour, so anyone on the fence about getting needs to make up their mind now.
This site dedicated to listing 3rd party DRM on Steam games says nothing, either:
http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/the-big-drm-list/

This means it should be just Steam.
Post edited February 18, 2012 by Dragobr