It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished The Sea Will Claim Everything. It is a small adventure (took me 3 hours) which is to be honest nothing special. The graphics are interestingly done, but the story is nothing special and there is not a lot of puzzle solving, it is just a "click of everyone of the one million items lying around to find the correct one" game. So yeah, a really mediocre experience.
moonshineshadow: Finished The Sea Will Claim Everything. It is a small adventure (took me 3 hours) which is to be honest nothing special. The graphics are interestingly done, but the story is nothing special and there is not a lot of puzzle solving, it is just a "click of everyone of the one million items lying around to find the correct one" game. So yeah, a really mediocre experience.
Nice little adventure game with a special athmosphere due the graphics that look like a children's book. Very relaxing gameplay.
Ghost master
A short but fun ride. The game has got elements of tower defense, strategy, adventure and puzzle games. The presentation is cartoony which suits the overall feel quite well and offeres a lot of references, puns and homages for movie fans, especially horror fans.
If there is one aspect that I didn't like it would be the mortals and they're AI which can get annoying if you have to rely on it. Unfortunately, you do have to rely on it quite a lot. Some of the levels can be completed almost by accident and others can drive you bonkers if you don't know what to do.
But overall: a short, good and fun experience with a few AI and pathfinding problems.
7.5/10
supplementscene: BTW Moebius is from the same writer and worth a play on sale for a couple of Euros. And there aren't any impossible puzzles. You can check my recent posts for a review or pm me if you can't find it.
morolf: Thanks for the recommendation, read your review. Opinion about that game seems to be somewhat mixed, but I might get it when it's on sale.
It does have ridiculous elements but I still enjoyed the journey and characters. I'd obviously recommend Broken Sword 1 and 2 in front of it but most people have played them. I personally really liked 3 too. Hector Badge of Chaos is another of my favourites.
GR00T: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

One thing I do find odd is how there are many people that decry other games for fetch and/or fetch-and-kill quests, yet this game has a ton of them. Oh sure, they're categorized as 'witcher contracts' but they're still there. And how many bloody smugglers are there in Spikeroog? I eventually gave up investingating all the markers in the water, as they were almost invariably the 3 smuggler chests guarded by the same limited group of monsters. One of my few gripes with the game.
I think it's just a regular case of pretending things you don't like don't exist in a game you enjoy overall ;)
The good thing is Witcher contracts are entirely skippable, I suppose (I didn't do all of them during my first playthrough), and that goes double for all the Skellige POI. It seems only the most hardcore OCD-ish players force themselves to clean the map there, and I seem to recall even CDPR acknowledged filling those empty spaces with cash after cash after *sigh* yet another cash was a bad idea.
FWIW, they improved on the contracts a lot in the expansions - well, Blood and Wine, mostly (which has tons of interesting side-content) so they feel a lot less fetch-questy there.
benmar: Ghost master
A short but fun ride. The game has got elements of tower defense, strategy, adventure and puzzle games. The presentation is cartoony which suits the overall feel quite well and offeres a lot of references, puns and homages for movie fans, especially horror fans.
If there is one aspect that I didn't like it would be the mortals and they're AI which can get annoying if you have to rely on it. Unfortunately, you do have to rely on it quite a lot. Some of the levels can be completed almost by accident and others can drive you bonkers if you don't know what to do.
But overall: a short, good and fun experience with a few AI and pathfinding problems.
7.5/10
Tower defense? It's been some years but I don't remember any TD aspects in this game. Could you comment?

But I agree, it's an entertaining game with some minor issues. My biggest complain was that finishing a mission as fast as possible was the only way to get maximum bonus while I think it would be better if making humans snap rather force them to flee should be the most desired outcome.
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein 3D has charm, but it hasn't aged well. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is great, even nowadays. Wolfenstein (2009) is slow and unfocused. This one? Well, this one has embraced an alternate history in which Nazi Germany was the victor and takes place in the 1960s, instead of World War 2. It has also embraced the cinematic™ experience, more so than the previous game. Whether it's some cutscene that triggers out of the nowhere, the need to return to base between each mission so that you can converse with the NPCs (thankfully, it's done better than Unreal 2), some completely unskippable sections with no gameplay and the need to actually wait before you can skip the skippable ones don't leave me particularly excited.

Thankfully, the meat of the game is still shooting Nazis (whether they be soldiers, dogs, mechas or some other mechanical entity), just like the previous installments and it can get a bit messy, even with your assault rifle. Blazkowicz is fast (unlike other modern FPS characters) and while taking cover is helpful, it's not always necessary. In fact, enemies will be tossing grenades and try to flank you, so staying on one spot is not a great idea, especially when a heavily-armored enemy is involved. Your weapons are typical FPS fare; your trusty knife, a handgun, an assault rifle, a shotgun, a sniper rifle and grenades and you can dual-wield everything (yes even the knifes and the shotguns). Of course, no modern FPS would be complete without a signature/gimmicky tool/weapon and Wolfenstein: The New Order has the laser cutter/laserkraftwerk. More on that below.

Aside weapons, there are various collectibles, with a good number of them being cosmetic in nature, others unlocking game modes, others upgrading your weapons and a plot choice at the end of the first chapter will give you access to either health or armor upgrades. Thankfully, you don't need to collect a single one to complete the game. there are also perks, which you unlock by completing achievements. For instance, kill 15 enemies with a handgun from cover and you can increase the handgun's magazine size or kill 5 enemies using a stealth takedown and you can unlock the ability to throw knives. Stealth? In my Wolfenstein? It's more likely than you think.

Perhaps as a nod to the two original games, there is a limited stealth feature. At specific points in the game, the enemy will initially not be aware of your presence. When that happens, you can try taking them down one-by-one via stealthy means. If you approach an enemy from behind, you can perform a silent instakill with your knife. Later on, you can also toss a knife or shoot them with your silenced handgun. The enemy's lackluster AI won't care if one of them dies from your silenced attacks (no, they won't even react to his corpse). The only two things they will give a damn is if they spot you outside of cover or if you make a loud noise (like attacking with a non-silenced weapon). Most of those areas will feature one or more Nazi commanders. If they happen to spot you or get alerted by other guards spotting you, they will call for reinforcements. Thus, it's a good idea to make them your priority targets.

As for the laser cutter that I mentioned above, it can only be used outside combat to break chains and cut through wires/specific metallic surfaces, in order to either progress through the game or find secret areas. Enemies aren't carrying any ammo for it; instead, there are plenty of recharge stations around the game. Later on, you'll find the laserkraftwerk, which will replace the laser cutter and can also be used for combat. Aside the limited grenades (and unfortunately) it will be your only weapon for a while that can cause noticeable damage to heavily-armored opponents (who are, otherwise, sponges if you use your assault rifle). You won't get the rocket launcher until very late in the game (and even then, it's only a disappointing upgrade to the assault rifle, instead of a badass weapon in its own right). As a result, a lot of battles that feature heavily-armored enemies will feel unnecessarily protracted as you end up shooting them with the laserkraftwerk, running out of battery, going back to the recharge station to fill it up, going back to the enemy and shooting them again and rinse and repeat.

Some other annoyances that I had with the game are the overdone visual effects which can make it difficult to spot enemies at times (plus they annoy the hell out of me!), losing all weapons and ammo that you had at the beginning of each chapter (gee, thanks for taking my sniper rifle away, assholes) and, of course, the game's horribly uneven performance on AMD cards, despite trying out all the featured workarounds. I'm not sure whether AMD or MachineGames are the guilty party, so I'll blame both for it.

Despite the flaws, though, I enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order. It was definitely a better game than Wolfenstein (2009) and I wouldn't say no to trying out Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Complete list.

Link to the official site:
http://neworder.wolfenstein.com/
Post edited January 26, 2017 by Grargar
<span class="bold">POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost (DLC)</span>

This is an expansion for POSTAL 2, and is basically more of the same: similar types of missions on many of the same maps (although reskinned). It’s the same style of light-hearted and silly fun, so if you enjoyed the base game (as I did) you will likely enjoy this as well.
benmar: Ghost master
7.5/10
Ghorpm: Tower defense? It's been some years but I don't remember any TD aspects in this game. Could you comment?

But I agree, it's an entertaining game with some minor issues. My biggest complain was that finishing a mission as fast as possible was the only way to get maximum bonus while I think it would be better if making humans snap rather force them to flee should be the most desired outcome.
Yes, it's not TD in the sense we use the term today, but I always thought it is similar enough. Set a bunch of ghosts and let them scare mortals that come too close.

you can bind ghosts = build towers
you can upgrade ghosts = upgrade towers
some ghosts are more effective on certain mortals = towers have strenghts and eaknesses based on the enemy
your ghosts can scare mortals that come near them = towers shoot enemies that come near them

Of course, that's not the best way to play the game. I mostly liked the "special requirements" like deal with a specific mortal rather than all of them etc.
Ghorpm: Tower defense? It's been some years but I don't remember any TD aspects in this game. Could you comment?

benmar: Yes, it's not TD in the sense we use the term today, but I always thought it is similar enough. Set a bunch of ghosts and let them scare mortals that come too close.

you can bind ghosts = build towers
you can upgrade ghosts = upgrade towers
some ghosts are more effective on certain mortals = towers have strenghts and eaknesses based on the enemy
your ghosts can scare mortals that come near them = towers shoot enemies that come near them

Of course, that's not the best way to play the game. I mostly liked the "special requirements" like deal with a specific mortal rather than all of them etc.
Spooky Hollow was my favorite level, mostly because how nontrivial it was. Additionaly you could find a hidden spirit - Stormtalon
Very, very odd for me, but here's a second game finished in one month, <span class="bold">Driftmoon</span>. Guess still in the mood for stuff I could actually finish rather quickly. Started Jan 15, finished today, after not playing for a few days in between. According to the save timer, 17.5 hours, but those included really checking every little bit of every map two or even three times and moving everything that could be moved to find those silver feathers. In the end, not sure if I found 107 or 108, had 107 after being asked for one to try on the door, not sure if it was given back to me or not after that and hadn't looked before. (You can technically finish the game with a mere 10, or 11 if that's not given back, but that just makes the dagger. It's 90-91 for everything, including the in this case useless dagger.)
Anyway, charming. Rather simple but definitely quite something for such a small team, and a LOT of references included. Sadly, Christian proselytism left, right and center, and while they have the right to make a Christian game, I have the right to hold it against them. Considering again the size of the team, would have been quite outstanding without this. As it is, grin and bear all of that and try to enjoy the rest, which, again, is quite charming.
Finished Azkend 2 on PS Vita, a match-3/puzzle game I got for free on the Playstation Plus system.

Quite short a really on the easy side for the main story, but quite enjoyable. Visuals are nice, controls are flawless, maybe a little sensible if you have big fingers on the screen of the Vita. I enjoyed it while it last, but I get that the real difficulty certainly is with the challenges, but I haven't tried them yet.

I don't know how long I spent in that game, but i'd say a couple of hours. ice game if you want to play by short sessions.

So far in 2017: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2017/post15
Man, January is almost over and I haven't beaten anything yet. Any recommendations for some good short games? I gotta beat something so I feel good about myself. But I don't want the game to be junk either.
HijacK: Man, January is almost over and I haven't beaten anything yet. Any recommendations for some good short games? I gotta beat something so I feel good about myself. But I don't want the game to be junk either.
Of the games I've completed this month, the two shortest were (each can be completed in less than a few hours):

The Stanley Parable: Good, definitely recommended!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch: OK game, not the greatest but not bad either.
Post edited January 27, 2017 by 01kipper
HijacK: Man, January is almost over and I haven't beaten anything yet. Any recommendations for some good short games? I gotta beat something so I feel good about myself. But I don't want the game to be junk either.
01kipper: Of the games I've completed this month, the two shortest were (each can be completed in less than a few hours):

The Stanley Parable: Good, definitely recommended!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch: OK game, not the greatest but not bad either.
Thank you for the recommendations!