It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: I notice that I swear a bit more often without DD and Owl here to kick my arse :-p

I'm sure Moon will report all of my cursing to them though, since she was ordered to make sure we behave. I should be careful ',',',',',:-|
Well you could swear in a foreign language though. Something like "Perkele" for example :P

or

Himmiherrgottsakramentzefixhallelujamileckstamarschscheissglumppvarreggts xD
Post edited October 30, 2015 by ElTerprise
FearfulSymmetry: I thought about that but it doesn't quite fit in my essay. Think I'll stick with sexually liberated for now, for lack of a better word.

Yep, I'm a literature student, all right. One week I'm discussing a penis in my essay and the next it's promiscuous women. :P
ElTerprise: Would "sexually emancipated" also work?

Well the human body has a lot to offer :P
I once read a book in an English (well, Medieval - I think? I don't remember) Lit class with the title "Of Good and Ill Repute" ... not nearly as raucous as this.
AgentBirdnest: I notice that I swear a bit more often without DD and Owl here to kick my arse :-p

I'm sure Moon will report all of my cursing to them though, since she was ordered to make sure we behave. I should be careful ',',',',',:-|
*takes notes*
You should know by now that I am watching :P
FearfulSymmetry: I don't have a wireless mouse so this is the only way I can operate my computer when it's hooked up to the TV. :P
Well in that case it's understandable :P

FearfulSymmetry: Maybe ...

Oh yes. Especially in medieval monster stories. In case you don't know: women are the ickiest creatures ever. They get pregnant and all. Disgusting stuff (according to these authors). ;)
One has to wonder what drugs those authors took :)
Ixamyakxim: I once read a book in an English (well, Medieval - I think? I don't remember) Lit class with the title "Of Good and Ill Repute" ... not nearly as raucous as this.
Try reading some Thomas Middleton. He was a contemporary of Shakespeare (so early modern, not medieval). That man has a really really dirty mind. Or Chaucer. He's not very subtle either, although some of that tends to be lost on us as the meanings of words have changed. :P
ElTerprise: Well in that case it's understandable :P

One has to wonder what drugs those authors took :)
This particular author pretended to know all about the middle east and wrote an entire book on it. In fact, he had never been there and as such half of the things in the book were stolen from other people and the rest was random stuff he made up. He passed it all off as fact. :P
Post edited October 30, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
FearfulSymmetry: Try reading some Thomas Middleton. He was a contemporary of Shakespeare (so early modern, not medieval). That man has a really really dirty mind. Or Chaucer. He's not very subtle either, although some of that tends to be lost on us as the meanings of words have changed. :P
I've read enough of The Canterbury Tales to pick up on his dirty mind.

FearfulSymmetry: Disgusting stuff (according to these authors). ;)
ElTerprise: One has to wonder what drugs those authors took :)
Moldy rye bread? Though clearly they ascribe to the notion that anything that can bleed for seven days and not die is most certainly a witch.
FearfulSymmetry: Whaaaaaaat. You grade your own essays? What kind of paradise is this you speak of?
I suppose for essays, teachers would make an exception and grade those themselves. We hardly ever wrote any in high school though. Then again, I didn't even finish high school - I had some important beds to lay in :-p

*yawn* =__o ... Am I still awake? I'm acting too old for my age - going to sleep in the afternoon :-p
Ixamyakxim: I've read enough of The Canterbury Tales to pick up on his dirty mind.

Moldy rye bread? Though clearly they ascribe to the notion that anything that can bleed for seven days and not die is most certainly a witch.
Yep. Very dirty. Apparently people loved it back then (and possibly still do). But Middleton astounded me more, somehow.

Obviously. :)
ElTerprise: Well you could swear in a foreign language though. Something like "Perkele" for example :P

or

Himmiherrgottsakramentzefixhallelujamileckstamarschscheissglumppvarreggts xD
Is that a real word? õ__ô

I'll stick with "bumbaclot" :-)
AgentBirdnest: *yawn* =__o ... Am I still awake? I'm acting too old for my age - going to sleep in the afternoon :-p
I'm getting ready to become seriously bummed out when, two days from now, it begins to turn pitch dark at like 4:30 PM :(
AgentBirdnest: I suppose for essays, teachers would make an exception and grade those themselves. We hardly ever wrote any in high school though. Then again, I didn't even finish high school - I had some important beds to lay in :-p

*yawn* =__o ... Am I still awake? I'm acting too old for my age - going to sleep in the afternoon :-p
We wrote quite a few, but that was also due to the fact that I was doing bilingual education, in which essays were more important.

I'm making slow progress with my essays, which is unfortunate, as my bed is calling out to me as well ...
Ixamyakxim: I once read a book in an English (well, Medieval - I think? I don't remember) Lit class with the title "Of Good and Ill Repute" ... not nearly as raucous as this.
Well the title sounds interesting :)

FearfulSymmetry: This particular author pretended to know all about the middle east and wrote an entire book on it. In fact, he had never been there and as such half of the things in the book were stolen from other people and the rest was random stuff he made up. He passed it all off as fact. :P
Hmm....well doing that was certainly easier back in the day :P
But i'm not surprised about that - actually reminds me a bit of the books and the creatures described in them which were mentioned in Baudolino from Umberto Eco :)
moonshineshadow: *takes notes*
,','',',',:-O
*hides under a pile of blankets and pretends to be an innocent turtle*
Ixamyakxim: I'm getting ready to become seriously bummed out when, two days from now, it begins to turn pitch dark at like 4:30 PM :(
Aw... Sorry for you, but happy for me. I love the dark. The night time is the right time \o/
;-p
Post edited October 30, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
moonshineshadow: *takes notes*
AgentBirdnest: ,','',',',:-O
*hides under a pile of blankets and pretends to be an innocent turtle*
Hide all you want, we'll let owl decide what to do with you :P
AgentBirdnest: Is that a real word? õ__ô

I'll stick with "bumbaclot" :-)
Well it consists of real words ....it's supposed to be a curse from Bavaria - so it's in dialect though :P

And there such lengthy words in German like that (it's a title of a - now obsolete - regulation)

EG-Verbraucherschutzdurchsetzungsgesetz-Ermächtigungsübertragungsverordnung :P
Post edited October 30, 2015 by ElTerprise