It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: So, great and terrible? That does not sound too good, unless the great more than makes up for the terrible?

It is a lovely game, quite fun. It can be played over voice chat quite easily, but it would require two copies if you both want to take turns with the bomb. I have not played much of it, but so far it is fun.
Fair, I'll probably pick it up next time it goes on sale.
Haven't had that friend over much lately due to reasons. ;)

Have you played Towerfall?

Feeling alright, just a bit of pain due to 2 of my wisdom teeth being removed last week.
ddickinson: Would you like to try it? I have it DRM-Free from Humble and I think it comes with a Steam key. As you are the only other regular on here that I think plays local co-op, I figured it might be a game you and your lovely lady would like to play? It is quite fun, me and my partner have played it a few times. The game can be played over the phone or Skye etc, but as i only possibly have one spare Steam key I figured I would try to find someone who could use it for local co-op.

*big return hug*
You know, I'd usually default to saying, "No thanks, I've more than enough to play," but if you've tried this one and recommend it as a local co-op game, I'll be glad to give it a whirl. The lady and I have wanted some couch co-op games to play, but her work schedule's been such a wreck that we haven't been able to game much together at all lately. Things should finally be settling down for her soon, so I've been installing a couple games this week just to have lined up for once she's got more time on her plate again. If you think this is a fun one to play with your partner, I'll gladly give it a go, if you do wind up having a spare Steam key you don't have a use for.
Oh, and as far as local co-op games go, if you haven't checked out Moon Hunters, it's one available here on GOG that is great for couch co-op and is really cute. The graphics are pretty simple and the gameplay is as well, but it's definitely one worth looking into if you enjoy local co-op. :)
Thank you, by the way! Whether you wind up having a spare key or not, I really appreciate the thought! :)
omega64: Fair, I'll probably pick it up next time it goes on sale.
Haven't had that friend over much lately due to reasons. ;)

Have you played Towerfall?

Feeling alright, just a bit of pain due to 2 of my wisdom teeth being removed last week.
Fingers crossed it goes on sale at a nice discount for you soon then. It is a nice little game which has a nice difficulty curve by the look of it.

I have not. Is it any good?

So now you have no wisdom left? o_O
But I am glad you are doing alright despite that, hopefully the pain will be gone soon.

akhliber: You know, I'd usually default to saying, "No thanks, I've more than enough to play," but if you've tried this one and recommend it as a local co-op game, I'll be glad to give it a whirl. The lady and I have wanted some couch co-op games to play, but her work schedule's been such a wreck that we haven't been able to game much together at all lately. Things should finally be settling down for her soon, so I've been installing a couple games this week just to have lined up for once she's got more time on her plate again. If you think this is a fun one to play with your partner, I'll gladly give it a go, if you do wind up having a spare Steam key you don't have a use for.
Oh, and as far as local co-op games go, if you haven't checked out Moon Hunters, it's one available here on GOG that is great for couch co-op and is really cute. The graphics are pretty simple and the gameplay is as well, but it's definitely one worth looking into if you enjoy local co-op. :)
Thank you, by the way! Whether you wind up having a spare key or not, I really appreciate the thought! :)
The game works by one of you reading the manual (digital or printed version - we used a printed version) while not looking at the screen, while the other person sees the screen but not the manual. You have to work together with one person describing what they see, and the person reading the manual trying to help the disarm the bomb. I will see about the key in a little while if that is okay? I am a little warn out and frazzled after my morning back at work.

Thank you for the recommendation. When I am a little more clear headed I will have a look. My apologies if I don't have the spare key, I am pretty sure I do, but just in case I don't I am sorry. I guess I should have checked first, but I figured you would not mind so I asked anyway.
*hugs everyone*
CarrionCrow: Think I dozed for a bit again...

Can't complain here. Playing some Shadow of Mordor before it gets so godsdamned miserably hot that I can't run it without screwing up my computer.
If I didn't have such a huge backlog that'd be a game that I'd want.
And if I knew that my machine could run it. As it is... I'm not too sure.
ddickinson: Good afternoon!

I have only skimmed the thread, but congratulations on your first fish!

Good afternoon!

How are you on this lovely day?

Quick question: What do you think of this game?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/341800/
Oh, thank you for noticing. I plan on amusing(torture) you all this summer with tales of water-dwelling monsters.

It's a party game.
You need a party to play it.
That's its major flaw.
Post edited July 04, 2016 by j0ekerr
ddickinson: The game works by one of you reading the manual (digital or printed version - we used a printed version) while not looking at the screen, while the other person sees the screen but not the manual. You have to work together with one person describing what they see, and the person reading the manual trying to help the disarm the bomb. I will see about the key in a little while if that is okay? I am a little warn out and frazzled after my morning back at work.

Thank you for the recommendation. When I am a little more clear headed I will have a look. My apologies if I don't have the spare key, I am pretty sure I do, but just in case I don't I am sorry. I guess I should have checked first, but I figured you would not mind so I asked anyway.
That definitely sounds like it could be good silly fun. And no worries at all if you don't have the key, I'll still have my eye on the game as a new potential co-op game, and that's exciting enough. :) And get to it whenever is convenient, I'm certainly not in any rush to find something to play right away. :)
Thanks again for the generous offer!

***I'm off the take the monster out back, but I'll be back around in a bit***
*big hugs all around*
ddickinson: I have not. Is it any good?
Yes, play Towerfall.

Towerfall has versus and a co-op campaign.
Survival killing monsters that show up, your arrows can hit other players, so a lot of deaths are by accidental friendly fire.
It really was a blast playing that one.

Others I would recommend:
Spelunky
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Trine
Any Lego game
Post edited July 04, 2016 by omega64
j0ekerr: If I didn't have such a huge backlog that'd be a game that I'd want.
Well, I can't say for the technical side of things.
But for quality, I'm about 16 hours in so far and still enjoying it, despite not really giving a crap about anything Lord of the Rings-related.
pimpmonkey2382.313: *hugs everyone*
Good morning!

it has been quite some times since I saw you on here. How have you been? I hope your health is improving?

j0ekerr: Oh, thank you for noticing. I plan on amusing(torture) you all this summer with tales of water-dwelling monsters.

It's a party game.
That's its major flaw.
I am sure we won't mind, besides, I know a few of the regulars enjoy fishing, so I am sure they will enjoy your tales of how you caught the dreaded white whale and of your other ocean endeavours. :-)

It is indeed well suited for a party game. I have only played it in co-op, but I can see it being fun at a party.

akhliber: That definitely sounds like it could be good silly fun. And no worries at all if you don't have the key, I'll still have my eye on the game as a new potential co-op game, and that's exciting enough. :) And get to it whenever is convenient, I'm certainly not in any rush to find something to play right away. :)

*big hugs all around*
Have a lovely day with the monster. I hope you two slay many foul demons out back on your epic quest for fun. :-)

*random silly hug*

omega64: Yes, play Towerfall.

Survival killing monsters that show up, your arrows can hit other players, so a lot of deaths are by accidental friendly fire.

Spelunky
Trine
Any Lego game
Thank you for the list. I will take a look at some of the. I have played Trine, and tried the Lego game, but was not a fan of the Lego game if I am honest.

Question for you: On Octodad, why are his kids human and not a human-octopus hybrids? And how does the wife never notice? o_O
ddickinson: Thank you for the list. I will take a look at some of the. I have played Trine, and tried the Lego game, but was not a fan of the Lego game if I am honest.

Question for you: On Octodad, why are his kids human and not a human-octopus hybrids? And how does the wife never notice? o_O
That's fine if they're not your thing. :P
Hey, I didn't even mention Octodad. xD

I would say the most reasonable answer is magic.
CarrionCrow: Well, I can't say for the technical side of things.
But for quality, I'm about 16 hours in so far and still enjoying it, despite not really giving a crap about anything Lord of the Rings-related.
Good, I guess my purchase won't be wasted.
Though I'll play Mad Max first.
Post edited July 04, 2016 by omega64
Happy Birthday Yezemin!

Happy Fourth of July DD! :P

Happy Day everyone else.

*hugs, waves, booms*
j0ekerr: If I didn't have such a huge backlog that'd be a game that I'd want.
Good thing Steam lets you refund games if you play less than 2 hours. ;)
You could just buy it and see if it works.
omega64: That's fine if they're not your thing. :P
Hey, I didn't even mention Octodad. xD

I would say the most reasonable answer is magic.
So magic? Seems like a poor excuse for a major plot hole. :-)

EndreWhiteMane: Happy Birthday Yezemin!

Happy Fourth of July DD! :P

Happy Day everyone else.

*hugs, waves, booms*
Happy slave owning, capitalist loving, traitors day! :-)
(Only joking, I hope you have a really nice Independence Day.)

How are you today?

*big exhausted Monday hug*
pimpmonkey2382.313: *hugs everyone*
ddickinson: Good morning!

it has been quite some times since I saw you on here. How have you been? I hope your health is improving?

j0ekerr: Oh, thank you for noticing. I plan on amusing(torture) you all this summer with tales of water-dwelling monsters.

It's a party game.
That's its major flaw.
ddickinson: I am sure we won't mind, besides, I know a few of the regulars enjoy fishing, so I am sure they will enjoy your tales of how you caught the dreaded white whale and of your other ocean endeavours. :-)

It is indeed well suited for a party game. I have only played it in co-op, but I can see it being fun at a party.

akhliber: That definitely sounds like it could be good silly fun. And no worries at all if you don't have the key, I'll still have my eye on the game as a new potential co-op game, and that's exciting enough. :) And get to it whenever is convenient, I'm certainly not in any rush to find something to play right away. :)

*big hugs all around*
ddickinson: Have a lovely day with the monster. I hope you two slay many foul demons out back on your epic quest for fun. :-)

*random silly hug*

omega64: Yes, play Towerfall.

Spelunky
Trine
Any Lego game
ddickinson: Thank you for the list. I will take a look at some of the. I have played Trine, and tried the Lego game, but was not a fan of the Lego game if I am honest.

*hugs* thank you, about the same on the health front, but I am good otherwise, how about you? :)
ddickinson: So magic? Seems like a poor excuse for a major plot hole. :-)
Well maybe they are hybrids on the inside?