It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stilton: Hi, feathers. I thought you had flown home to your nest.
LaPtiteBete: Not yet, Stillton :)
I'm an owl... used to go to bed... far too late !! ;)
Owl's only sleep during the day...
LaPtiteBete: Not yet, Stillton :)
I'm an owl... used to go to bed... far too late !! ;)
gunsynd: Owl's only sleep during the day...
Of course, I should have realized. I'm feeling pretty tired myself.
That was curious.

Ragnar Tornquist, the guy behind The Longest Journey suddenly showed up in the tracker thread, answering questions about dreamfall
chapters.

Btw Crow I've picked picked Shadowrun Returns, it was sooooo very cheap.

Who cares about food when you have games.

And a question. The main difference between both games is in the mission assignment mechanics? The underlying game mechanic remains the same?
gunsynd: Owl's only sleep during the day...
Stilton: Of course, I should have realized. I'm feeling pretty tired myself.
Your not on your Pat Malone:-)
Stilton: Of course, I should have realized. I'm feeling pretty tired myself.
gunsynd: Your not on your Pat Malone:-)
The shieldmaiden is in bed and Mini-V is playing her MMO and probably giving some poor character hell, so yes, its more or less just Pat and me. But that's okay, I've got the forum and maybe another purchase or two ;-)
j0ekerr: That was curious.

Ragnar Tornquist, the guy behind The Longest Journey suddenly showed up in the tracker thread, answering questions about dreamfall
chapters.

Btw Crow I've picked picked Shadowrun Returns, it was sooooo very cheap.

Who cares about food when you have games.

And a question. The main difference between both games is in the mission assignment mechanics? The underlying game mechanic remains the same?
The underlying game mechanics in regards to skills, attributes, experience, combat and dialogue are identical.

Well, the combat's been tweaked a bit in Dragonfall, now that I think of it. It includes more extensive use of cover and flanking to deal with enemies.

Dragonfall also has additional mechanics regarding team member customization, simple upgrades to add a touch of personal style to the team.

Beyond that, Dragonfall feels more fleshed out as a world than Returns does, in my opinion.

Returns is a good place to start since it lets you get your feet wet. Then it goes further when you get into Dragonfall.
And goddamn, I wish Hong Kong was out already...
Post edited March 04, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Had to look up what that meant, Bruce.

I've also come to an important conclusion.

You can't possibly be a real Australian you don't swear nearly enough.
j0ekerr: Had to look up what that meant, Bruce.

I've also come to an important conclusion.

You can't possibly be a real Australian you don't swear nearly enough.
Oh,don't worry I know how to swear...As there are ladies here,I try to keep it to keep foul language to a minimum.
In the workforce here every second word spoken is foul language,just don't piss me off:-)
Ragnarblackmane: Thank you...I just wish so many people chose not to suffer silently. People talk about how no one can hide anything anymore; well when it comes to trivialities that is certainly true. When it comes to real issues people are dealing with however, most prefer to do it alone. Stoicism is well and good, but there is a fear of being open, especially on public forums. I can appreciate that and, indeed, this is the only forum I frequent where I even talk about such things.

We need to stand with each other, to help one another out in times of crisis, as a people, as a human race. Until we figure out how to do that though, we're all just going to watch the world burn.
I guess this needs repeating since it got no replies before, and usually this thread is nothing but constant back-and-forth.
Ragnarblackmane: Thank you...I just wish so many people chose not to suffer silently. People talk about how no one can hide anything anymore; well when it comes to trivialities that is certainly true. When it comes to real issues people are dealing with however, most prefer to do it alone. Stoicism is well and good, but there is a fear of being open, especially on public forums. I can appreciate that and, indeed, this is the only forum I frequent where I even talk about such things.

We need to stand with each other, to help one another out in times of crisis, as a people, as a human race. Until we figure out how to do that though, we're all just going to watch the world burn.
Ragnarblackmane: I guess this needs repeating since it got no replies before, and usually this thread is nothing but constant back-and-forth.
(but there is a fear of being open)
I don't think that's right because,I cant see you and you cant see me.Nor do we know what real names we have,so my
point is,how can anyone be scared to say something personal?

Edit: Unless they are worried about being ridiculed...
Post edited March 04, 2015 by gunsynd
CarrionCrow: Hey there. =)

Still extremely tired, but trying to stay up so I don't fall apart at 3 pm, only to wake up at 11 pm.
Even for me, that kind of sleep schedule's a bit too extreme.

Other than that, just enjoying a more peaceful afternoon since I'm effectively done buying stuff for the sale.
Might pick up Gothic 1 since I had a little bit of coin left and that one never goes on sale, so why wait.
How long have you been awake ?... Ô__ô

Ragnarblackmane: I guess this needs repeating since it got no replies before, and usually this thread is nothing but constant back-and-forth.
While I prefer to keep certain things to myself, having a supportive environment is definitely a good thing.
If something happened that I needed support, I have no doubt that I could come here and receive that from good people. =)
CarrionCrow: Hey there. =)

Still extremely tired, but trying to stay up so I don't fall apart at 3 pm, only to wake up at 11 pm.
Even for me, that kind of sleep schedule's a bit too extreme.

Other than that, just enjoying a more peaceful afternoon since I'm effectively done buying stuff for the sale.
Might pick up Gothic 1 since I had a little bit of coin left and that one never goes on sale, so why wait.
LaPtiteBete: How long have you been awake ?... Ô__ô
Um...a little under 3 days, I think. I hadn't slept, then Insomnia started.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by CarrionCrow
gunsynd: (but there is a fear of being open)
I don't think that's right because,I cant see you and you cant see me.Nor do we know what real names we have,so my
point is,how can anyone be scared to say something personal?
That same anonymity brings out the worst sides of many people, too.
CarrionCrow: While I prefer to keep certain things to myself, having a supportive environment is definitely a good thing.
If something happened that I needed support, I have no doubt that I could come here and receive that from good people. =)
I totally agree with that point :)
A supportive environment is -very- helpful.

CarrionCrow: Um...a little under 3 days, I think. I hadn't slept, then Insomnia started.
:-\ humpf......
CarrionCrow: While I prefer to keep certain things to myself, having a supportive environment is definitely a good thing.
I thought that way too, for awhile, but last night when I was in need of the sort of supportive atmosphere this thread has engendered, my posts were completely ignored despite the very busy nature of the thread moments before, and then shortly following. It was just really shitty timing.