It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And I thought nobody would reply :D
Yeah I go with Musicals as well. I think Rocky Horror Show is up there, together with Jesus Christ Superstar (I'm not religious though)
Post edited August 06, 2015 by GreenDamsel
GreenDamsel: I'll bring up a new discussion topic so the threads isn't completely killed by our finn.

Ok I changed it:

What's your favourite video game character and why...
Now you changed it - just when i had the time to answer. I think i prefer theater and my favourite piece i've seen would be the Three-Penny Opera.
GreenDamsel: I'll bring up a new discussion topic so the threads isn't completely killed by our finn.

What do you prefer? Musicals, theater or opera?
Which piece is your favourite?

I got that idea, as I'm listening to musical soundtracks in order not to fall asleep while doing the last 12 cases.
AgentBirdnest: Uhhh... I saw our local high school's production of "The Secret Garden" when I was a kid. I liked it. Better than that "Grease" sh*t they did the following year.
So, whichever type that is, it is my favourite ;-)
You should definitely check out a professional musical.
My favourite piece from JCSS
I've never been disappointed when I went in one. I've seen Mammia Mia, Rocky Horror Show and Elizabeth live and several smaller ones.

Ok I changed it:

ElTerprise: Now you changed it - just when i had the time to answer. I think i prefer theater and my favourite piece i've seen would be the Three-Penny Opera.
:D I changed it back again.^^ Thought for a moment that people didn't know any and that this is a video game board n stuff.

Ok I changed it:

Okay, that is much easier for me.

I can think of a few that I really love, but today I'll go with Cate Archer from NOLF. The first thing I really liked about the character was that she was the first female protagonist in an action game that wasn't a gimmick or hyper-sexualized (that I knew of, at least). The fact that she was a woman actually made for a pretty good story about equality, which I had never seen in a game.
Aside from that, she is just a badass. Sneaky and stealthy, but also rides a motorcycle and jumps out of airplanes. Able to smooth talk her way through conversations, and is just the perfect amount of smartass. An interesting back story too, if you read the random papers you find in the game. She was a thief who was caught by her future mentor, who offered her a job as an agent instead of going to jail. As a result, she is always totally loyal to her mentor for saving her from her old life.
Boom. Cate Archer.

(and now that I've spent 10 minutes thinking about my favourite and writing it down, it was changed back... tant pis ;-p)
Post edited August 06, 2015 by AgentBirdnest

Ok I changed it:

AgentBirdnest: Okay, that is much easier for me.

I can think of a few that I really love, but today I'll go with Cate Archer from NOLF. The first thing I really liked about the character was that she was the first female protagonist in an action game that wasn't a gimmick or hyper-sexualized (that I knew of, at least). The fact that she was a woman actually made for a pretty good story about equality, which I had never seen in a game.
Aside from that, she is just a badass. Sneaky and stealthy, but also rides a motorcycle and jumps out of airplanes. Able to smooth talk her way through conversations, and is just the perfect amount of smartass. An interesting back story too, if you read the random papers you find in the game. She was a thief who was caught by her future mentor, who offered her a job as an agent instead of going to jail. As a result, she is always totally loyal to her mentor for saving her from her old life.
Boom. Cate Archer.

(and now that I've spent 10 minutes writing, it was changed back... tant pis ;-p)
By now I'm accidentially trolling the whole thread. And I'm loving it.

Favourite character for me might be Xana/Sareth from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. The only game where the two main protagonists are so strong that I'd replay it for the dialogues alone. It sounds like 2 characters, but I can't really delve into explaining that without spoilers, sooo take it or leave it :D
GreenDamsel: :D I changed it back again.^^ Thought for a moment that people didn't know any and that this is a video game board n stuff.
:D
Well i can add something to my previous post. Although i'm not much into musicals, i really liked Spamalot :).
GreenDamsel: You should definitely check out a professional musical.
My favourite piece from JCSS
I've never been disappointed when I went in one. I've seen Mammia Mia, Rocky Horror Show and Elizabeth live and several smaller ones.
Haven't seen JCSS, but saw a couple others by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is especially huge in Utah, because of the whole Donny Osmond thing. Haven't seen Phantom of the Opera in person, but a few different TV and film versions.
They are great :-)
anyone know why the weekend promo is a day early?
cecil: anyone know why the weekend promo is a day early?
Looks like it's coinciding with the Gamescom event, which I think started yesterday.
Huh... That's very interesting.
Today is usually a release day. I wonder if we'll get one.
Nothing there for me :(
AgentBirdnest: Huh... That's very interesting.
Don't get them ideas...
Maybe, maybe not. Wednesday's not a standard release day, but a game came out.
CarrionCrow: Maybe, maybe not. Wednesday's not a standard release day, but a game came out.
Well just hope the Humble weekly is good since I pray for good weekend sales after the humble is usually crap...
CarrionCrow: Maybe, maybe not. Wednesday's not a standard release day, but a game came out.
Ho man... what's next? Cats and dogs living together? My head hurts >__<