It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: Posted a message, the site shoved me up the page to the first post. Read this and immediately thought...

Japs love to jump in front of the train. In a country in which the train is one of the main systems of transportation if not the main.

Talk about passive-aggressive.
Weaving an act of rebellion against the system into their escape from it. I imagine it'd happen more frequently in this country if people didn't have so much more ability to use guns to make their points about unhappiness in the workplace.

Also, good evening. =) It's better you're inside despite the heat, the ones outside might have been spawned from pods.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
is anyone interested in joining the noble flat earth society?
BillyMaysFan59: Conversational Free For All Thread - Debate Time! (TEST/PILOT VERSION)

Subject: What's the "Best Game of All Time™"?
FearfulSymmetry: Can't we make a top ten? Or top five at least? :P
That is permitted =)
Hurray clothes for my birthday.
CarrionCrow: Weaving an act of rebellion against the system into their escape from it. I imagine it'd happen more frequently in this country if people didn't have so much more ability to use guns to make their points about unhappiness in the workplace.

Also, good evening. =) It's better you're inside despite the heat, the ones outside might have been spawned from pods.
I know nobody really cares, but that's never stopped me from ranting before so...

I doubt it, it's mostly due to culture again. Japs have an idealized conception of suicide, that it is both a brave thing to do and an honourable way to atone for your misdeeds. This is of course mostly 19th century thinking, but the point remains that suicide is not socially reviled like in the US in which the christian values tell you that suicide is both sinful and an insult in the face of god.

Getting gunned down by a SWAT team however is perfectly morally acceptable.

apehater: is anyone interested in joining the noble flat earth society?
BAH! Humbug, everybody knows the earth is trapezoid shaped!
Post edited August 05, 2015 by j0ekerr
apehater: is anyone interested in joining the noble flat earth society?
j0ekerr: BAH! Humbug, everybody knows the earth is trapezoid shaped!
thats a side effect of wearing contact lenses
EBToriginal: Hurray clothes for my birthday.
When I was young, I hated getting clothes for my birthday ;) Now that I'm older, LOVE IT! Though there's always that one person that gets stuff I'd never wear...

Also, I'm a bit particular about how I dress so it is nice when I realize people know me enough to find something that I'd enjoy wearing!
j0ekerr: I know nobody really cares, but that's never stopped me from ranting before so...

I doubt it, it's mostly due to culture again. Japs have an idealized conception of suicide, that it is both a brave thing to do and an honourable way to atone for your misdeeds. This is of course mostly 19th century thinking, but the point remains that suicide is not socially reviled like in the US in which the christian values tell you that suicide is both sinful and an insult in the face of god.

Getting gunned down by a SWAT team however is perfectly morally acceptable.
It's amusing to pit one thought against another - warped culture, or warped belief.

And yes, suicide by cop is a phenomenon in the U.S. Seems very cowardly to me, but it's a thing that exists.
EBToriginal: Hurray clothes for my birthday.
Ixamyakxim: When I was young, I hated getting clothes for my birthday ;) Now that I'm older, LOVE IT! Though there's always that one person that gets stuff I'd never wear...

Also, I'm a bit particular about how I dress so it is nice when I realize people know me enough to find something that I'd enjoy wearing!
Particular about your clothes...one-piece jumpsuits in Day-Glo paisley or nothing, presumably? =)
BillyMaysFan59: Conversational Free For All Thread - Debate Time! (TEST/PILOT VERSION)

Subject: What's the "Best Game of All Time™"?
Continuing to think on this one, but having some trouble reconciling genre disparity, and how that pertains to personal experience.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
I wonder why Necrodancer take that long to get to GOG....
ElTerprise: I wonder why Necrodancer take that long to get to GOG....
Good question. Thinking the developer is either taking their sweet time setting up a DRM-free version, or they've decided to drop the project in GOG's lap as other developers have apparently done (Omerta and Sword of the Stars - The Pit come to mind).
CarrionCrow: Good question. Thinking the developer is either taking their sweet time setting up a DRM-free version, or they've decided to drop the project in GOG's lap as other developers have apparently done (Omerta and Sword of the Stars - The Pit come to mind).
Hopefully. But apparently the Linux version got lost.....
They did? I didn't know that.
ElTerprise: Hopefully. But apparently the Linux version got lost.....
They did? I didn't know that.
If I'm remembering correctly, the developer of Omerta left GOG to make their own patch for a gamebreaker bug, and the SOTS developer left GOG to set up their own DRM-free version of a DLC item that would install properly along with the mess the original developer made of all the other pieces. (And they really made one hell of a mess.)
So there's precedence for GOG having to clean up after people, above and beyond the standard things they pull off like making 20 year old games work properly on Windows 8 of all things.
cecil: Hello all I assume we're all doing well due to section three paragraph five under rules of life ;)
l0rdtr3k: You're going to get a lot of hugs.
when is that EVER a bad thing?
CarrionCrow: If I'm remembering correctly, the developer of Omerta left GOG to make their own patch for a gamebreaker bug, and the SOTS developer left GOG to set up their own DRM-free version of a DLC item that would install properly along with the mess the original developer made of all the other pieces. (And they really made one hell of a mess.)
So there's precedence for GOG having to clean up after people, above and beyond the standard things they pull off like making 20 year old games work properly on Windows 8 of all things.
Wait a minute. Wasn't Haemimont the developer of Omerta? And they now make GOG exclusive stuff...
Never played SOTS The pit although i own it? It was that messy?
Well knowing that makes me appreciate GOG even more despite all the crap they did and do :)

Edit: 7 left :)
Post edited August 05, 2015 by ElTerprise
I'm finally updating to Win10. BRB.
l0rdtr3k: You're going to get a lot of hugs.
cecil: when is that EVER a bad thing?
Hurray for hugs!