It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: So... Does anyone like stuff?
What kind of stuff?
AgentBirdnest: So... Does anyone like stuff?
adaliabooks: What kind of stuff?
All kinds of stuff!
I can't get George Carlin's bit out of my mind now :-D
j0ekerr: Good morning fellow deep ones.

CC stop abusing yourself with soulstorm and start abusing yourself with Dark Souls, that is an order.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both games have soul in their name.

And now that LoX is here, does that make you feel... I don't know, steamed?
I'm not willing to put those two together.

At least I'm actually looking forward to Dark Souls in that "I'm totally going to die a LOT, but beating it will be really good" sort of way.
I'm actively avoiding Soulstorm because on top of every other problem, you absolutely can not switch to anything else while it's in windowed mode. If you try, the game immediately locks and shuts down.

I knew LOX was coming here, I just didn't know when and I wanted to try it, so I grabbed a rental.
Ultimately I'll end up buying the deluxe edition here, use that for my second run and chalk the whole thing up to being a lesson in impatience combined with "Well, I can't get games for 1.50 all the time."
CarrionCrow: -laughs-
Oh, I'm definitely a part of that club as well.
But unless I also win the lottery (while losing my sense for a bit) I think I'll stick with the New 3DS XL at most. Not really a fan of slapping a game logo onto something so I'd probably just go with the dark red one.
Hell, it plays DS, 3DS and whatever new version games they'll eventually put out for it, so I'll have a machine that can play enough games to keep me occupied for an extra ten years beyond the ten I'll have to piss away to finish my PC game collection.
adaliabooks: I'm really tempted by the New 3DS.. I don't usually buy into the halfway handheld updates, but I do like the sound of it. Plus I love the Majoras Mask one.
Shame I have no money for rebuying a console I already own.
Just got to find a nice get rich quick scheme... you know, one that actually works.
I'm not a big fan of partial upgrades either. I know someone who got a standard 3DS XL a few months ago, and I won't even mention the new one to them.
But since I don't have one, I can eventually grab the new thing and not feel like an idiot for doing so.

Also, good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone.
Hopefully the weekend's going well for you. =)
Post edited January 17, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: I'm not a big fan of partial upgrades either. I know someone who got a standard 3DS XL a few months ago, and I won't even mention the new one to them.
But since I don't have one, I can eventually grab the new thing and not feel like an idiot for doing so.
Yeah. I think that's almost the worst part though.. I bought the 3DS day 1, couldn't be more supportive of Nintendo or the console.. and other than getting some free games (which was because they dropped the price very quickly) there was no real reward for that..
Yet someone who buys one now, gets a newer better version for less, has a wider library available...

And it's not even just games, I've noticed albums are the same. You buy it as soon as it comes out, and then six months later they release a deluxe edition with one or two new songs. Yet the die hard fans who bought it early get nothing, no free upgrade. Instead you have to buy the song(s) individually or rebuy the album.
CarrionCrow: I'm not a big fan of partial upgrades either. I know someone who got a standard 3DS XL a few months ago, and I won't even mention the new one to them.
adaliabooks: Yeah. I think that's almost the worst part though.. I bought the 3DS day 1, couldn't be more supportive of Nintendo or the console.. and other than getting some free games (which was because they dropped the price very quickly) there was no real reward for that..
Yet someone who buys one now, gets a newer better version for less, has a wider library available...

And it's not even just games, I've noticed albums are the same. You buy it as soon as it comes out, and then six months later they release a deluxe edition with one or two new songs. Yet the die hard fans who bought it early get nothing, no free upgrade. Instead you have to buy the song(s) individually or rebuy the album.
Yeah, the market seems to largely in favor of NOT buying something immediately.
I get that companies want people to continue having interest in their products, but they're doing it in an incredibly ass-backwards way.
adaliabooks: Yeah. I think that's almost the worst part though.. I bought the 3DS day 1, couldn't be more supportive of Nintendo or the console.. and other than getting some free games (which was because they dropped the price very quickly) there was no real reward for that..

CarrionCrow: Yeah, the market seems to largely in favor of NOT buying something immediately.
I get that companies want people to continue having interest in their products, but they're doing it in an incredibly ass-backwards way.
Yeah. I know it's just business, and it doesn't pay to court loyal customers, but it would be nice if you got rewarded for buying something early, for having some faith. Instead you're better off waiting till the product gets cheaper or better.
Which is a shame, because you want to support companies, you want to be excited about things, but instead a new release just makes you think "That's nice, I'll get it 6 - 12 months when it's cheap".
CarrionCrow: Yeah, the market seems to largely in favor of NOT buying something immediately.
adaliabooks: Yeah. I know it's just business, and it doesn't pay to court loyal customers, but it would be nice if you got rewarded for buying something early, for having some faith. Instead you're better off waiting till the product gets cheaper or better.
Which is a shame, because you want to support companies, you want to be excited about things, but instead a new release just makes you think "That's nice, I'll get it 6 - 12 months when it's cheap".
That's how the market is now across the board, at least for PC games.
How many people are running around GOG buying everything on their list at full price? I'm willing to bet the answer to that is "not many".
It's known that virtually everything drops like a rock within a few months time, not to mention near-constant sales, so why throw money away?
The funny thing is that it can't be good for developers, but at the same time they've actively participated in turning their entire customer base into full-on sale fiends.
low rated
EndreWhiteMane: *********** We have a winner for post number 5000!! **********

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gunsynd <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Though he seems to deny it we have proof!
I wasn't glory hunting,I was sure I set it up for Crow by what was showing on my screen.Next time I'll sit back and watch.
Morning L&M
adaliabooks: Yeah. I know it's just business, and it doesn't pay to court loyal customers, but it would be nice if you got rewarded for buying something early, for having some faith. Instead you're better off waiting till the product gets cheaper or better.
CarrionCrow: That's how the market is now across the board, at least for PC games.
How many people are running around GOG buying everything on their list at full price? I'm willing to bet the answer to that is "not many".
It's known that virtually everything drops like a rock within a few months time, not to mention near-constant sales, so why throw money away?
The funny thing is that it can't be good for developers, but at the same time they've actively participated in turning their entire customer base into full-on sale fiends.
Exactly. Instead if games were released in fully working order (no bugs) and you knew you would get your extras for free you might actually buy them day 1.
But the way the market works your much better waiting for the bugs to be fixed and the extra DLC to be included in a GOTY edition, and in the meantime you play all the games from six months ago that you've been waiting to be improved.
If I ever get to the stage of releasing something that's how I'll do it, no DLC or GOTY editions. If you buy it day 1 you get the same game as someone who buys it two years down the line.
CarrionCrow: That's how the market is now across the board, at least for PC games.
adaliabooks: Exactly. Instead if games were released in fully working order (no bugs) and you knew you would get your extras for free you might actually buy them day 1.
But the way the market works your much better waiting for the bugs to be fixed and the extra DLC to be included in a GOTY edition, and in the meantime you play all the games from six months ago that you've been waiting to be improved.
If I ever get to the stage of releasing something that's how I'll do it, no DLC or GOTY editions. If you buy it day 1 you get the same game as someone who buys it two years down the line.
Yet another reason to lean towards Nintendo. At least their stuff doesn't (typically) need a boatload of frigging patches to work properly.

You're reminding me of Borderlands 2. Ended up spending so much more money than I would have getting DLC (which is a godsdamned mess to do, also they're assholes for putting out something called the GOTY edition and then putting out even MORE DLC apart from it), so when their latest Borderlands whatever came out, I said to hell with them and won't buy it until they're completely done with the DLC garbage and it's on sale.
Post edited January 17, 2015 by CarrionCrow
adaliabooks: Exactly. Instead if games were released in fully working order (no bugs) and you knew you would get your extras for free you might actually buy them day 1.
CarrionCrow: Yet another reason to lean towards Nintendo. At least their stuff doesn't (typically) need a boatload of frigging patches to work properly.
You're reminding me of Borderlands 2. Ended up spending so much more money than I would have getting DLC (which is a godsdamned mess to do, also they're assholes for putting out something called the GOTY edition and then putting out even MORE DLC apart from it), so when their latest Borderlands whatever came out, I said to hell with them and won't buy it until they're completely done with the DLC garbage and it's on sale.
Yeah, I can't stand DLC... I'd rather get a full game then have to buy half the content as extras down the line.
Well isn't this nice. I have the Conversation thread all to myself. :-)

Good day, everyone! I hope you are all having a good weekend?
CarrionCrow: Yet another reason to lean towards Nintendo. At least their stuff doesn't (typically) need a boatload of frigging patches to work properly.
adaliabooks: Yeah, I can't stand DLC... I'd rather get a full game then have to buy half the content as extras down the line.
DLC, as a concept is actually a good, even fantastic idea. The problem is it's been abused as hell, and is now a synonym for the members of the executive board wanting to squeeze out a few more dollars from you.

"Buy DLC, the EA board of directos needs another solid gold toilet."

I do believe CD Projekt's strategy with The Witcher 3 is sound from a business standpoint. Not to repeat what others have said but we all know that many if not most people, wait for the GOTY, Master, Stripper-glitter edition. Which keeps those juicy dollars in the potential customers pockets and not in the developers'. However, when you know that you'll be getting the same amount of game, someone a year down the line will get, and not less, then you don't mind buying at day one.

Nintendo not requiring patches? Then what's that stuff about an hour or more waiting for firmware updates?

Yeah I know that's not the same as game updates.
ddickinson: Well isn't this nice. I have the Conversation thread all to myself. :-)

Good day, everyone! I hope you are all having a good weekend?
Hey ddickinson.

Yeah, not going too badly here. Yourself?
adaliabooks: Hey ddickinson.

Yeah, not going too badly here. Yourself?
Not too bad, thank you. Do you have anything interesting planned for the weekend?