It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: They were archiving the old threads.
Yes, my GOG game starts Steam.
moonshineshadow: It was down (see pic.) because of the archiving of the old threads here in the general forum
Ok. I didn't notice that change. It probably happened during my sleep. :-)

I blame The Ethan Carter developer more than GOG on this issue. They probably got the Steam package and sent it to GOG without removing the Steam related files.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by LeoLR
moonshineshadow: *welcome hug* Your are so mean :D It could also have been owl on her star quest :P
ddickinson: Or they were tired of Endre parading around in his mankini at all hours. :-)
I thought he took it off because owl was not here?
ddickinson: They don't seem to care much anymore for optimisation. Just look at the last new release that was a 2D game that had higher specs than the Witcher 2.
Yeah. Saw that. I was interested in that game but the specs...they must be kidding, right? How is that even possible that a pixel-art 2,5D (or 2,25 D ...whatever) game has higher specs than the Witcher 2?

adaliabooks: Thanks guys :)
It can be a bit slow, and doesn't seem to work at all for really large threads (in fact, I threw in a limit of 400 pages for now as 1000+ seemed to break it) but otherwise it's not bad. The in thread GoG search isn't too bad, but mine does allow you to search usernames too. Working on the general forum search bit now :)
You're welcome and i'm looking forward to future versions of it :)
Just also posted in the specific thread :)
Post edited May 16, 2015 by ElTerprise
moonshineshadow: I thought he took it off because owl was not here?
In that case he would be walking around naked. Maybe that is why the forum went down, to cover his nudity until he found where he left his pants. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: They were archiving the old threads.
Yes, my GOG game starts Steam.
LeoLR:
moonshineshadow: It was down (see pic.) because of the archiving of the old threads here in the general forum
LeoLR: Ok. I didn't notice that change. It probably happened during my sleep. :-)

I blame The Ethan Carter developer more than GOG on this issue. They probably got the Steam package and sent it to GOG without removing the Steam related files.
That may be. You'd think that GOG could have put a post in the forum explaining that though.
ElTerprise: Yeah. Saw that. I was interested in that game but the specs...they must be kidding, right? How is that even possible that a pixel-art 2,5D (or 2,25 D ...whatever) game has higher specs than the Witcher 2?
1. Build on a third party poorly optimised engine and maybe even pre-made assets.
2. Lazy/incompetent developers.
3. Who knows?

Also, what is a 2.5D game?
ddickinson: Well then happy birthday for tomorrow! I hope you have a lovely day!
Thank you! The celebration will actually start later today.
I'll get together with friends to eat, drink, chat, laugh...
Never mind: double post.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by ddickinson
adaliabooks: Hey everyone

Don't worry, I'm working on that ;)
*back cracking hug* Bought Game of Thrones boad game with 3 expansions.
I'm so happy!
LeoLR: Thank you! The celebration will actually start later today.
I'll get together with friends to eat, drink, chat, laugh...
That sounds like a fun plan. I hope you enjoy tonight and tomorrow and have lots of fun on your birthday!
ddickinson: 1. Build on a third party poorly optimised engine and maybe even pre-made assets.
3. Who knows?

From wikipedia:
"2.5D ("two-and-a-half-dimensional"), ¾ perspective, and pseudo-3D are terms, mainly in the video game industry, used to describe either 2D graphical projections and similar techniques used to cause a series of images (or scenes) to simulate the appearance of being three-dimensional (3D) when in fact they are not, or gameplay in an otherwise three-dimensional video game that is restricted to a two-dimensional plane."
LeoLR: From wikipedia:
"2.5D ("two-and-a-half-dimensional"), ¾ perspective, and pseudo-3D are terms, mainly in the video game industry, used to describe either 2D graphical projections and similar techniques used to cause a series of images (or scenes) to simulate the appearance of being three-dimensional (3D) when in fact they are not, or gameplay in an otherwise three-dimensional video game that is restricted to a two-dimensional plane."
*approaches Gumball and reroreroreroreo*
ddickinson: 1. Build on a third party poorly optimised engine and maybe even pre-made assets.
3. Who knows?

Possible.
A 2.5D game is a game that uses 3D graphics on a 2D plane (Trine is an example for a 2.5D game). But 'Not a Hero' styles itself as a
2 1/4D games and i have no idea what that is (They're using an engine called ISO-slant - never hears of that before)
LeoLR: ...
ElTerprise:
Thank you both for the answers.

ElTerprise: They're using an engine called ISO-slant - never hears of that before
The website says: "ISO-SlantV1.0 a plug in for Unity™, Unreal Engine™ and Maya™". So perhaps it is another poorly optimised Unity game.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by ddickinson
l0rdtr3k: *approaches Gumball and reroreroreroreo*
Oh. Come on. Just because I was too lazy to give a simpler explanation?
And what the hell is this?