It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Newbie: AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I didn't even notice that! Did they remove the minus button just for or because of this huge ass 99 page thread? Hahahahahaha Man this forum needs emotes and animated stickers....
It wasn't removed just due to this thread.
Newbie: Huh they took out reps too....wasn't rep the number of posts you've done? So it was really just a glorified post count?
It wasn't. Before it was removed, you get +1 Rep per day for posting (no matter how many times you post), and +1 for every so many + votes on your posts, and +5 for having the solution to a marked question. You get -1 for every so many - votes (up to -5 per day).
Post edited July 25, 2022 by paladin181
remember fckdrm.com? I remember fckdrm.com

fck the new gog.com

I'm boycotting too.
Some time has past since admitting Mr. G to ICU. He's been in a critical condition after overdosing on 'censorship' and suffering a fall down the stairs. Eventually landing into a coma.
This 'censorship' is a relatively new but notorious substance smuggled over the border. It's an addictive stress reliever but saps the subject's Devotion to live.
According to a friend, Mr. G had been taking it for months. That it helps cope with financial stress brought about by one of his ailing companies.

5P34R has been attending to Mr. G since being admitted last December. Duties include monitoring heart rate and administering nutrition/fluid intake.

On one supposedly uneventful evening shift, the monitor starts bleeping continuously displaying a straight line.
5P34R starts to get worried.
After notifying the rest of the ward, he promptly goes for the AED.

*Powers on device

5P34R: 'Clear!'

kZchZZ kZchZZ - poom

No response.

kZchZZ kZchZZ - poom

Again none.

Now more worried, 5P34R calls for Dr. Steam, the attending doctor for Mr. G.....

That was an allegory on how a company handled public relations for one of its would-be customers. It is not to be taken seriously and is entirely fictional. All semblances to real world people/entities are coincidental, as it's fiction.

Still I'm disappointed with what's happened and have a foreboding feeling that things will get worse rather than better.
Post edited August 02, 2022 by 5P34R
5P34R: That was an allegory on how a company handled public relations for one of its would-be customers. It is not to be taken seriously and is entirely fictional. All semblances to real world people/entities are coincidental, as it's fiction.

Still I'm disappointed with what's happened and have a foreboding feeling that things will get worse rather than better.
That experience sounds all too familiar.

As for the boycott, count me in.
How do I sign up? You can add me to both the 'Boycotting' and 'Sympathetic' lists.

Oh, that's not how it works? Well, the first one, then.
tassforaiur:
whistle-blower:
Dryspace:
Thanks for signing up and supporting the GOG boycott. However, I tried to update the list on the first post just now and for some reason it isn't updating (tried it 3 times). I will try it again later, hopefully it is just some glitch with the forum.
Dryspace:
Time4Tea: Thanks for signing up and supporting the GOG boycott. However, I tried to update the list on the first post just now and for some reason it isn't updating (tried it 3 times). I will try it again later, hopefully it is just some glitch with the forum.
I'm guessing the reason is that you're crossing the character limit for a single post (10,000 characters or thereabout, IIRC). You might want to split your post in two.
Time4Tea: Thanks for signing up and supporting the GOG boycott. However, I tried to update the list on the first post just now and for some reason it isn't updating (tried it 3 times). I will try it again later, hopefully it is just some glitch with the forum.
mrkgnao: I'm guessing the reason is that you're crossing the character limit for a single post (10,000 characters or thereabout, IIRC). You might want to split your post in two.
Hmm ... maybe I'll just create a new thread for "GOG Boycott List, Page 2"

(joke)

I'll have a play with it and see if I can figure something out.
mrkgnao: I'm guessing the reason is that you're crossing the character limit for a single post (10,000 characters or thereabout, IIRC). You might want to split your post in two.
Time4Tea: Hmm ... maybe I'll just create a new thread for "GOG Boycott List, Page 2"

(joke)

Start a new thread, you can format it before it goes into full use and will help load times being a fresh thread.
Time4Tea: Hmm ... maybe I'll just create a new thread for "GOG Boycott List, Page 2"

(joke)

Just create a new post here, move the two lists to it, and add a link to it from the OP. My 2p.
Ok, I have moved the sympathetic list to the second post by myself (also on the front page) and put a link in post #1. That seems to have worked and has allowed me to add the recent newcomers. Should buy us a bit of time, for now.

Lifthrasil: Just a heads-up for those boycotting GOG for DRM reasons: there is another DLC on GOG that is fully DRM-ed.
Fishing: North Atlantic - Scallops Expansion does not start without Galaxy.

And according to the report here, both GOG and the devs have been informed and have decided to do nothing about it. In other words: it's not a bug, it is intentional.
Thanks for mentioning this Lifthrasil and sorry for the late reply. I agree this sadly appears to be another case of a game that is clearly DRM-ed, with zero effort being made to make it available outside Galaxy. I have added a mention of it in post #1.
Post edited August 05, 2022 by Time4Tea
Lifthrasil: Just a heads-up for those boycotting GOG for DRM reasons: there is another DLC on GOG that is fully DRM-ed.

And according to the report here, both GOG and the devs have been informed and have decided to do nothing about it. In other words: it's not a bug, it is intentional.
That doesn't mean it's intentional. It certainly could be a bug they have no idea how to fix and no interest in fixing. Hanlon's Razor. Don't ascribe to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence.

paladin181: That doesn't mean it's intentional. It certainly could be a bug they have no idea how to fix and no interest in fixing. Hanlon's Razor. Don't ascribe to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence.
I'm not sure it can be explained by simple incompetence, when a store that claims to be 'DRM-free' has been notified of a DRMed product and apparently has no interest in doing anything about it. Incompetence I can forgive (to an extent), but to me that seems more like wilful dishonesty.

The possible solutions include simply de-listing the product, which can be easily done by GOG alone. If GOG is turning a blind eye to DRMed products on their store (and not for the first time), then they are complicit.
Post edited August 06, 2022 by Time4Tea
Krogan32: You can add me to the boycott list. Not for your reasons, but for the reasons of moderators not understanding the rules that they're supposed to enforce. I've seen this multiple times across forums, and it always ends extremely poorly. I will not support a company that allows these actions to occur. To that end, GoG will not see a single penny of my money for now nor in the future, and I'm a man of my convictions. Steam hasn't seen a penny from me since June of 2019, I took an 8 year boycott of Blizzard over World of Warcraft decisions before they fixed their problems, and it's been at least a decade since I've purchased a single Ubisoft game. Safe to say, this will be the last that I'm on this forum and site before this company finally implodes. Enjoy your continual decline GoG!
Call me crazy, but I'll actually miss you. You bring an antagonistic drama on a low level that is entertaining to watch/engage with. I hope you don't leave the forum forever, but since your complaint is about moderation here, I understand why you wouldn't. Good luck wherever you end up.
paladin181: That doesn't mean it's intentional. It certainly could be a bug they have no idea how to fix and no interest in fixing. Hanlon's Razor. Don't ascribe to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence.
Time4Tea: I'm not sure it can be explained by simple incompetence, when a store that claims to be 'DRM-free' has been notified of a DRMed product and apparently has no interest in doing anything about it. Incompetence I can forgive (to an extent), but to me that seems more like wilful dishonesty.

The possible solutions include simply de-listing the product, which can be easily done by GOG alone. If GOG is turning a blind eye to DRMed products on their store (and not for the first time), then they are complicit.
GOG does have a flexible definition of DRM-free, so it's all good from their standpoint, I suspect.