It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

paladin181: I'm interested to see if posts will still get downrated now that the down vote button is gone. Not trying to ruin your thread, but I'm using it for convenience; it is one of those where every post, regardless of content gets the orange treatment. I'm seeing if the scripts people are using will be daunted by the lack of a public-facing button on posts.
18 Hours later: GoG finally did something right on their forums. They killed the downvoting bots.
It sure is funny how some users who used to mock other users for pointing out that the downvote system was broken, and call them crybabies amongst other names, are now super happy their own posts can no longer be downvoted, and are even criticizing GOG.

It could almost be perceived as being hypocritical.
Post edited July 14, 2022 by Longcat
If a down vote is offending you then you must be really sensitive. I rather gog fix the broken search but of course they never have their priorities correct.
Truth007: If a down vote is offending you then you must be really sensitive. I rather gog fix the broken search but of course they never have their priorities correct.
If you are talking to me, I have never cared about rep at all. It’s just a pointless number next to your avatar. But I can understand how it would be annoying to have every post you make on the forums downvoted by a bot, like some have.
Post edited July 14, 2022 by Longcat
Forum-wide changes to the rep system in regards to the downvote abuse is very welcome.
I'd like to think that this boycott would've had at least an indirect positive influence in the fight against censorship.

My sincere thanks to the guys that've supported the boycott in whatever capacity they did.
Special thanks to Tea for this thread. I can only hope for better things to come.
Truth007: If a down vote is offending you then you must be really sensitive. I rather gog fix the broken search but of course they never have their priorities correct.
The downvoting never affected me personally, but I hated to see what it was doing to people that it was affecting.
5P34R: Forum-wide changes to the rep system in regards to the downvote abuse is very welcome.
I'd like to think that this boycott would've had at least an indirect positive influence in the fight against censorship.

My sincere thanks to the guys that've supported the boycott in whatever capacity they did.
Special thanks to Tea for this thread. I can only hope for better things to come.
You sound like the boycott is over, yet I scrolled up and saw no blue comments so forgive me for assuming that GOG still have done 'nothing' to address our concerns/demands.
Yes, it is very good to see the downvoting button removed from the forum and the downvoting bots finally being thwarted. Hopefully I will be able to post links again now, and it feels smugly satisfying to know that the d-voting spammers won't be able to do anything to this post.

Also, in other news, I have updated the first post to add the deletion of legitimate negative reviews as an item. I have in fact split up the 'issue list' into two sections: DRM and Censorship, and I have added review deletion to the Censorship section (along with the Devotion scandal).
248 pages? Can I give a TL;DR? I have a feeling that I'm missing something, I originally came to post on the forums for the first time about everything on store page giving me a 403?
I haven't reviewed anything, I set my currency as USD which autocorrects to euro anyway.

Am I missing some shenanigans or Did I just get a IP block on GoG store pages? And no I'm not using proxies.
Temperator: 248 pages? Can I give a TL;DR? I have a feeling that I'm missing something, I originally came to post on the forums for the first time about everything on store page giving me a 403?
I haven't reviewed anything, I set my currency as USD which autocorrects to euro anyway.

Am I missing some shenanigans or Did I just get a IP block on GoG store pages? And no I'm not using proxies.
There were some server issues in the past 24 hours on GOG side to the point were you couldn't even access the website, if you were trying to connect in that time period that may have been the cause of the issues.

I would also suggest clearing your cache to eliminate that as a possibility as sometimes Cache can cause some confusion for the browser.
Temperator: 248 pages? Can I give a TL;DR?
You could just read the first post in the thread, which just got updated, if you are interested the topic at hand. Or use this thread or contact a moderator if you require technical assistance with your issues;

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/server_problems_are_being_worked_on
Post edited July 22, 2022 by Longcat
Just a heads-up for those boycotting GOG for DRM reasons: there is another DLC on GOG that is fully DRM-ed.
Fishing: North Atlantic - Scallops Expansion does not start without Galaxy.

And according to the report here, both GOG and the devs have been informed and have decided to do nothing about it. In other words: it's not a bug, it is intentional.
Lifthrasil: Just a heads-up for those boycotting GOG for DRM reasons: there is another DLC on GOG that is fully DRM-ed.
Fishing: North Atlantic - Scallops Expansion does not start without Galaxy.

And according to the report here, both GOG and the devs have been informed and have decided to do nothing about it. In other words: it's not a bug, it is intentional.
Wow. At this rate, they might as well bring back Hitman Lame of the Year: You Must Be Online To Have Fun edition to the store. Why not, right?
Newbie: I took a look at the zoom website as I am also interested in other DRM free resellers of games but they don't explicitly mention they sell DRM free games or guarantee any and all games they sell *are* DRM free.... For all you know, it could just be the publisher's decision to not include DRM in their games like some do on the steam platform....and you just happen to have had bought a game on there that didn't require any activation, account creation or signing into one that they "require" for the game to work(multiplayer/coop modes I can understand for cross platform multiplayer or coop modes, but can also be done without needing to create a first or third party account to achieve playability in multiplayer or coop modes), serial key input, signing up for a newsletter, registering the game, or other hoops to jump through just to install and play your purchased game(s).

Also you make some interesting points that I'll keep in mind.
Time4Tea: Actually, if you scroll a bit further down their front page, it says "Always DRM-free" at least a couple of times. I'm fairly active on the Zoom Platform Discord channel - the store staff/owner post on there frequently and are very frank and open. They are 100% committed to DRM-free and they have stated they will never develop their own client application. Their chief technical guy often talks about the meticulous care they take to strip DRM out of any game they sell.
Newbie: I took a look at the zoom website as I am also interested in other DRM free resellers of games but they don't explicitly mention they sell DRM free games or guarantee any and all games they sell *are* DRM free.... For all you know, it could just be the publisher's decision to not include DRM in their games like some do on the steam platform....and you just happen to have had bought a game on there that didn't require any activation, account creation or signing into one that they "require" for the game to work(multiplayer/coop modes I can understand for cross platform multiplayer or coop modes, but can also be done without needing to create a first or third party account to achieve playability in multiplayer or coop modes), serial key input, signing up for a newsletter, registering the game, or other hoops to jump through just to install and play your purchased game(s).

Also you make some interesting points that I'll keep in mind.
lazydog: In case you were in any doubt, I have attached a screen capture from the zoom platform main page.
It does too! Thanks for opening my eyes! Hopefully their store of games is (or will be) as vast as GoG's, Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net storefronts, minus store exclusives of course and I might just turn over too! Hahahah Or maybe they have exclusives of themselves that are incentive enough to make you turn over!

Speaking of which, so if someone puts up a game on their storefront that has drm, zoom will remove that even if the drm is required such as for multiplayer or coop gameplay? They would make their own way around without drm?
Post edited July 25, 2022 by Newbie
paladin181: I'm interested to see if posts will still get downrated now that the down vote button is gone. Not trying to ruin your thread, but I'm using it for convenience; it is one of those where every post, regardless of content gets the orange treatment. I'm seeing if the scripts people are using will be daunted by the lack of a public-facing button on posts.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I didn't even notice that! Did they remove the minus button just for or because of this huge ass 99 page thread? Hahahahahaha Man this forum needs emotes and animated stickers....

Longcat: If you are talking to me, I have never cared about rep at all. It’s just a pointless number next to your avatar. But I can understand how it would be annoying to have every post you make on the forums downvoted by a bot, like some have.
Huh they took out reps too....wasn't rep the number of posts you've done? So it was really just a glorified post count?