It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
wolfsite: As I stated I am not going to make any decisions based on Images as they can be easily edited and altered.

Longcat: You will not believe screenshots that were made by one of the authors of said review, and posted immediately after it was deleted. Because, of course, people take the time to write legitimate reviews and photoshop them into screenshots of a game page on GOG to make GOG look bad. And the reviews you bring up (which are also, by the way, hearsay WITHOUT SCREENSHOTS, by your definition) have nothing to do with these reviews.

But you will base your opinion on a general statement made by GOG, who refuses to answer when asked about these legitimate and deleted reviews? And then reiterate that opinion to other users who want to support the boycott? Do you even believe what you are saying yourself? Even if GOG were to admit to this in writing, you would still claim it was false.

You appear unbelievably dishonest in your posts, and are now looking for an easy way out of addressing the real issue.
wolfsite: I have not made any final decision on this, please stop assuming I am on the side of the company.

I want DRM free games.
I want honest reviews without drama.
I want to be able to have offline installers.
I want Linux versions of games available, this is something that truly disappoints me with GOG.

However I have learned from previous experiences in this thread not to take complaints at face value some have blown things larger than they really are.

Plus I have already provided reasons why I can't take images as straight truth as they can be easily doctored.
Still skipping over anything that is inconvenient for you, looking for an easy way out. I have read several of your posts on these forums before, it is not an assumption that you are “on the side of the company”, and you are making false claims in this thread to deter users from joining.

Does this mean you don’t read news articles, with or without pictures, or watch the news or documentaries, because they can all be easily doctored, in your opinion?
low rated
wolfsite: As I stated I am not going to make any decisions based on Images as they can be easily edited and altered.

I have not made any final decision on this, please stop assuming I am on the side of the company.

I want DRM free games.
I want honest reviews without drama.
I want to be able to have offline installers.
I want Linux versions of games available, this is something that truly disappoints me with GOG.

However I have learned from previous experiences in this thread not to take complaints at face value some have blown things larger than they really are.

Plus I have already provided reasons why I can't take images as straight truth as they can be easily doctored.
Longcat: Still skipping over anything that is inconvenient for you, looking for an easy way out. I have read several of your posts on these forums before, it is not an assumption that you are “on the side of the company”, and you are making false claims in this thread to deter users from joining.

Does this mean you don’t read news articles, with or without pictures, or watch the news or documentaries, because they can all be easily doctored, in your opinion?
Still making assumptions I see, I was for this boycott back when It first started, However I was pretty much targeted and attacked by the boycotted, despite being on there side, was I not boycotting hard enough? I stopped buying games from GOG in that time period. However the abuse being sent my way despite being pro boycott made me leave.

Oh and I love how you say I don't read anything when many boycotting over the years have even openly started they don't bother reading the other side and just assume they are being I've or pro company.

Like it or not we do live in an era where anyone can create fake images and fake stories, so forgive me if I need more evidence, preferably from a neutral party.

I fully understand why some boycott, and I respect those who have legitimate reasons to, the Hitman issue frankly was very disappointing.

However right now I'm staying neutral:

- I have been attacked by boycotters despite supporting the boycott.
- There have been times where the boycott has been found to be be dishonest, such as people join with multiple accounts to pad numbers, people who constantly move goal posts when GOG do something to make up for errors.
- Then the fact that people in the boycott can't even agree on the definition of what boycott or even DRM free mean which creates confusion rather than a focused message.

If I gave the time I'll try sites like wayback machine to see if the pages still exist, that will ensure they are not edited and if the reviews are genuine I will have no problem admitting that GOG made a mistake in removing them.
low rated
Longcat: Still skipping over anything that is inconvenient for you, looking for an easy way out. I have read several of your posts on these forums before, it is not an assumption that you are “on the side of the company”, and you are making false claims in this thread to deter users from joining.

wolfsite: Still making assumptions I see, I was for this boycott back when It first started, However I was pretty much targeted and attacked by the boycotted, despite being on there side, was I not boycotting hard enough? I stopped buying games from GOG in that time period. However the abuse being sent my way despite being pro boycott made me leave.

Oh and I love how you say I don't read anything when many boycotting over the years have even openly started they don't bother reading the other side and just assume they are being I've or pro company.

Like it or not we do live in an era where anyone can create fake images and fake stories, so forgive me if I need more evidence, preferably from a neutral party.

I fully understand why some boycott, and I respect those who have legitimate reasons to, the Hitman issue frankly was very disappointing.

However right now I'm staying neutral:

- I have been attacked by boycotters despite supporting the boycott.
- There have been times where the boycott has been found to be be dishonest, such as people join with multiple accounts to pad numbers, people who constantly move goal posts when GOG do something to make up for errors.
- Then the fact that people in the boycott can't even agree on the definition of what boycott or even DRM free mean which creates confusion rather than a focused message.

If I gave the time I'll try sites like wayback machine to see if the pages still exist, that will ensure they are not edited and if the reviews are genuine I will have no problem admitting that GOG made a mistake in removing them.
Again, I am not making assumptions. I have read many of your posts, we have even "debated" before in other threads. You are still skipping over any questions, statements or facts that are inconvenient for you.

Were you on this boycott list? Who attacked you for being on this boycott list? Can you show us those purported attacks? Where have I said that you don't read anything?

I asked you a question, and you reply with yet more false claims, and statements that do not even make sense. This is just ridiculous, and yet another misleading attempt to derail the thread.

Again; Does this mean you don’t read news articles, with or without pictures, or watch the news or documentaries, because they can all be easily doctored, in your opinion?
low rated
What evidence would convince you that GOG staff deleted legitimate reviews then, if not 'images' of some kind? There are also reports from several people who posted in the Blade Runner thread, saying that legitimate reviews they had personally written had been deleted.

You seem quick to dismiss any sort of evidence that isn't convenient for you. I will add that photographic/image-based evidence is generally considered admissible in a court of law.

wolfsite: - I have been attacked by boycotters despite supporting the boycott.
I don't recall you ever being supportive of the boycott, or boycotters 'attacking' you.

wolfsite: - There have been times where the boycott has been found to be be dishonest, such as people join with multiple accounts to pad numbers, people who constantly move goal posts when GOG do something to make up for errors.
I would like to see you provide some evidence to support this claim. How do you know this? When was the boycott 'found to be dishonest'? By whom?

Of course, it is possible. However, no-one has ever brought to my attention any credible evidence that particular names on the boycott list are multi-accounts. There have been some accusations made of that by a couple of posters, but they don't seem to have been based on anything concrete.
Post edited July 12, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
Time4Tea: What evidence would convince you that GOG staff deleted legitimate reviews then, if not 'images' of some kind? There are also reports from several people who posted in the Blade Runner thread, saying that legitimate reviews they had personally written had been deleted.

You seem quick to dismiss any sort of evidence that isn't convenient for you. I will add that photographic/image-based evidence is generally considered admissible in a court of law.

Time4Tea: I don't recall you ever being supportive of the boycott, or boycotters 'attacking' you.

wolfsite: - There have been times where the boycott has been found to be be dishonest, such as people join with multiple accounts to pad numbers, people who constantly move goal posts when GOG do something to make up for errors.
Time4Tea: I would like to see you provide some evidence to support this claim. How do you know this? When was the boycott 'found to be dishonest'? By whom?

Of course, it is possible. However, no-one has ever brought to my attention any credible evidence that particular names on the boycott list are multi-accounts. There have been some accusations made of that by a couple of posters, but they don't seem to have been based on anything concrete.
So, I take it you aren't going to report him, Longcat, and mrkgnao for going offtopic like you said you were going to in post #5504 as you are now discussing this with them, therefore making it on topic now. Good job T4T!

Btw, you never answered my question in post #5504: How many games did you buy during the Summer Sale? Over or under 10? Why are you staying silent on this? Too ashamed of your purchases? Why? We already know that you still buy games from GoG despite "boycotting" them through your own statements. So, why don't you answer that question?
low rated
Time4Tea: What evidence would convince you that GOG staff deleted legitimate reviews then, if not 'images' of some kind? There are also reports from several people who posted in the Blade Runner thread, saying that legitimate reviews they had personally written had been deleted.

Time4Tea: I don't recall you ever being supportive of the boycott, or boycotters 'attacking' you.

Time4Tea: I would like to see you provide some evidence to support this claim. How do you know this? When was the boycott 'found to be dishonest'? By whom?

On point, and on topic.
low rated
Krogan32: So, I take it you aren't going to report him, Longcat, and mrkgnao for going offtopic like you said you were going to in post #5504 as you are now discussing this with them, therefore making it on topic now. Good job T4T!
The discussion about GOG deciding whether or not to release Linux versions of games was off-topic for this thread. A discussion about GOG deleting legitimate negative reviews of games relates to censorship, which is a subject of the boycott and so is on-topic. I said a few posts back that I would consider adding that as an item on the boycott list (which I will do, since I haven't seen any objections).

We are talking about two separate topics - one is on-topic for the thread and one isn't. Once again Krogan, you seem to be betraying your inability to separate two completely different things.

Krogan32: Btw, you never answered my question in post #5504: How many games did you buy during the Summer Sale? Over or under 10? Why are you staying silent on this? Too ashamed of your purchases? Why? We already know that you still buy games from GoG despite "boycotting" them through your own statements. So, why don't you answer that question?
I purchased zero games in the GOG summer sale.
low rated
Krogan32: So, I take it you aren't going to report him, Longcat, and mrkgnao for going offtopic like you said you were going to in post #5504 as you are now discussing this with them, therefore making it on topic now. Good job T4T!
Time4Tea: The discussion about GOG deciding whether or not to release Linux versions of games was off-topic for this thread. A discussion about GOG deleting legitimate negative reviews of games relates to censorship, which is a subject of the boycott and so is on-topic. I said a few posts back that I would consider adding that as an item on the boycott list (which I will do, since I haven't seen any objections).

We are talking about two separate topics - one is on-topic for the thread and one isn't. Once again Krogan, you seem to be betraying your inability to separate two completely different things.
Neither of which has anything to do with the topic of this whole thread of "boycotting" GoG over DRM and game censorship. Once again T4T, you seem to be betraying your inability to actually understand what your thread's topic is.

Krogan32: Btw, you never answered my question in post #5504: How many games did you buy during the Summer Sale? Over or under 10? Why are you staying silent on this? Too ashamed of your purchases? Why? We already know that you still buy games from GoG despite "boycotting" them through your own statements. So, why don't you answer that question?
Time4Tea: I purchased zero games in the GOG summer sale.
Ahh... so you are ashamed of telling us the number of games that you purchased during the Summer Sale. That's OK as I've already exposed the hypocrisy of your fake boycott yet again.
low rated
I just noticed there is this thing on profile pages that says how many games a user owns, and it’s open for anyone to see. It sure would be easy for anyone who knows how to count to tell if another user have purchased any games recently or not, if they were interested.

Especially if that number has not changed for over a year or so.
Post edited July 13, 2022 by Longcat
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh... so you are ashamed of telling us the number of games that you purchased during the Summer Sale. That's OK as I've already exposed the hypocrisy of your fake boycott yet again.
He just told you zero. Are you surprised he didn't bother replying to your question before?

If you're wondering how many I've bought, it's one since Dec 2020. And there's no need to launch into your "faux boycott" spiel again; we already discussed it at the time.

Longcat: I just noticed there is this thing on profile pages that says how many games a user owns, and it’s open for anyone to see. It sure would be easy for anyone who knows how to count to tell if another user have purchased any games recently or not, if they were interested.
Unless people are adding demos and free games.
low rated
Krogan32: Ahh... so you are ashamed of telling us the number of games that you purchased during the Summer Sale. That's OK as I've already exposed the hypocrisy of your fake boycott yet again.
HappyPunkPotato: He just told you zero. Are you surprised he didn't bother replying to your question before?

If you're wondering how many I've bought, it's one since Dec 2020. And there's no need to launch into your "faux boycott" spiel again; we already discussed it at the time.

Longcat: I just noticed there is this thing on profile pages that says how many games a user owns, and it’s open for anyone to see. It sure would be easy for anyone who knows how to count to tell if another user have purchased any games recently or not, if they were interested.
HappyPunkPotato: Unless people are adding demos and free games.
Like I said, especially if that number has not changed for over a year or so. In this case, that total number is 54. My total is around 500, and I haven’t purchased anything in over a year either.
Post edited July 13, 2022 by Longcat
low rated
thuis is silly. hover your mosue over his profile picture, select "view profile". it shows how many games he has on his account. if this is so interesting to you, you can track when and how many games he buys here.
low rated
Longcat: Like I said, especially if that number has not changed for over a year or so. In this case, that total number is 54. My total is around 500, and I haven’t purchased anything in over a year either.
I just mean you could see if someone hadn't bought anything if the number stayed the same but if it went up you wouldn't be able to tell if someone was buying games or just adding free stuff to their library. If that's what you meant in the first place then just ignore me :-D
I'm interested to see if posts will still get downrated now that the down vote button is gone. Not trying to ruin your thread, but I'm using it for convenience; it is one of those where every post, regardless of content gets the orange treatment. I'm seeing if the scripts people are using will be daunted by the lack of a public-facing button on posts.
Post edited July 13, 2022 by paladin181
paladin181: I'm interested to see if posts will still get downrated now that the down vote button is gone. Not trying to ruin your thread, but I'm using it for convenience; it is one of those where every post, regardless of content gets the orange treatment. I'm seeing if the scripts people are using will be daunted by the lack of a public-facing button on posts.
Four hours later... looks good.