It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
john_hatcher: Narrowing the boycott down to specific themes like drm is not the solution and I don‘t want to stand for that. There are many problems with GOG that cannot be addressed if you just male it about drm and censorship. What about missing update for example?
I see what you are saying, but the problem with this thread now is that it is inevitably going to become locked, since it's full of hundreds of political posts, which isn't allowed on this board.

I'm all-for people boycotting GOG for political reasons if they want to...but they really should start a separate Boycott thread to discuss politics in, in order so that this thread won't become dead once GOG locks it.

Although it's probably too late for that at this point.

So RIP to the OG GOG Boycotting thread (i.e. this one).
low rated
lumengloriosum: Don't care what you think on the matter.

The title is and I quote "Boycotting GOG 2021-22"

And one of the reasons was:

"Lastly, the recent debacle with Devotion. I won't repeat everything that has been said about this in other threads, but GOG's decision to be complicit in imposing Chinese censorship on non-Chinese users is simply unacceptable. The game needs to be released on GOG immediately."

And the question was:

"Is anyone else intending to boycott GOG? Who is with me?"
Time4Tea: As I said in my post above, the title of the thread will be changing in the near future to be more clear. This thread is about boycotting GOG over issues specifically relating to DRM and censorship. I apologize for any confusion.
Red Candle (Taiwanese Developer) censored itself because it made a Winnie the Pooh reference against the leader of China as an easter egg. (Ukraine-Russia Analogies here) GOG didn't want any of it. Those who sign up want a lift on the censorship.

I'm failing to see how the Russia-Ukraine issue isn't part of the Boycott, but Taiwan-Chinese relationships that contributed to the issue is fine for a boycott (it was Chinese users that complained, and it was a Taiwanese company).

Also, I do not think it is a good idea to reword a petition that people have already committed to.

I simply wish to express a boycott, and now I'm being told I cannot, even though this is an avenue to express frustration to GOG.
Post edited March 05, 2022 by lumengloriosum
low rated
72_hour_Richard: So GOG is supporting racists now?
But the human race is but one race. Unless you mean colourist (skin colour) or cultureist (different culture) ?...
low rated
It's all sad. So much hatred on both sides. Humanity is flying in space on a boulder, into which another space boulder can crash and destroy us all. Or what other cataclysm of planetary proportions can destroy our entire civilization. We are negligible on the scale of the universe. But people, instead of living amicably and developing together, choose internecine strife. Our politicians push our foreheads together, and we joyfully run to kill each other. They wash out any critical thinking with propaganda from the minds of ordinary people. This is some kind of insanity, if you look from the outside. We have nothing to share, but we step on the same rake with maniacal persistence. The whole history of mankind for many centuries teaches us nothing. It's the 21st century, and nothing has changed in the relationships of people around the world...
low rated
GlorFindel: OK, if you change the name of this Thread you can REMOVE ME from the list on your first post!

I am not boycotting GOG only because of creeping DRM infestation and censorship, but mainly because of GOG Galaxy and was boycotting before and will boycott it in the future even after this thread is long gone; and by now it's already buried in SPAM and unnecessary and/or unrelated discussions.

Thank you and have a nice day!
All these people "boycotting GOG" yet still posting on the forum. LMAO
low rated
MatrixRaven: All these people "boycotting GOG" yet still posting on the forum. LMAO
The boycott is not in communication, the boycott is offered in the refusal to buy from this site. And the boycott does not forbid expressing an opinion.
low rated
GlorFindel: OK, if you change the name of this Thread you can REMOVE ME from the list on your first post!

I am not boycotting GOG only because of creeping DRM infestation and censorship, but mainly because of GOG Galaxy and was boycotting before and will boycott it in the future even after this thread is long gone; and by now it's already buried in SPAM and unnecessary and/or unrelated discussions.

Thank you and have a nice day!
MatrixRaven: All these people "boycotting GOG" yet still posting on the forum. LMAO
They are obviously not boycotting the forum. Obviously. Duh.
low rated
john_hatcher: Narrowing the boycott down to specific themes like drm is not the solution and I don‘t want to stand for that. There are many problems with GOG that cannot be addressed if you just male it about drm and censorship. What about missing update for example?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I see what you are saying, but the problem with this thread now is that it is inevitably going to become locked, since it's full of hundreds of political posts, which isn't allowed on this board.

I'm all-for people boycotting GOG for political reasons if they want to...but they really should start a separate Boycott thread to discuss politics in, in order so that this thread won't become dead once GOG locks it.

I get what you are saying and think that GOG might lock this thread, if these people don‘t stop talking about politics,but as said below, what is the difference between Taiwan-China and Russia-Ukraine? Both relations are not the best and GOG is doing „something“. If good or bad is up to ones personal opinion, but can be a valid point for a boycott.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I see what you are saying, but the problem with this thread now is that it is inevitably going to become locked, since it's full of hundreds of political posts, which isn't allowed on this board.

john_hatcher: I get what you are saying and think that GOG might lock this thread, if these people don‘t stop talking about politics,but as said below, what is the difference between Taiwan-China and Russia-Ukraine? Both relations are not the best and GOG is doing „something“. If good or bad is up to ones personal opinion, but can be a valid point for a boycott.
its slacktivism
low rated
dimmaburger: The boycott is not in communication, the boycott is offered in the refusal to buy from this site. And the boycott does not forbid expressing an opinion.
if you actually cared, why would you even avail yourself of their forum? A true boycott with a spine would be walking away from the site entirely. Instead, y'all stay in the forum because you have to post about how you're boycotting just to get attention. Be an adult, for crying out loud.
low rated
MatrixRaven: if you actually cared, why would you even avail yourself of their forum? A true boycott with a spine would be walking away from the site entirely. Instead, y'all stay in the forum because you have to post about how you're boycotting just to get attention. Be an adult, for crying out loud.
You're not telling me, I just wrote my opinion. People who express an opinion for a boycott are having a discussion here. Why would they leave the forum? Just because you decided it for them?
low rated
Eh, gonna go out on a conspiratorial limb and say GOG is unlikely to lock this topic. I suspect to them this thread has become a "designated talking ghetto" they allow to try to keep the 'undesirables' in one place, lest more people make more threads.
low rated
Ruvika: Sorry to hear that, I know many users can't understand that Russian people is not responsable for all what is happening and just are victims too. Hope that all this hatred end up soon, yet GOG has nothing to do with and is doing all what they can to stop that harassment in the forum, just a few a hours ago they deleted a thread full of hatred and many comments attacking innocent people. Let's concentrate in the games that is what we enjoy the most.
SangreMuertos: LoL, we are not victims. What can you say about EU/NATO and Syria, Libya, and other counties which were bombed by european countries? Maybe we should boycott all american and european games?
I was saying that russian civilians are alsp victims of the conflict, they are the ones that see more affected their life for all the sanctions, not the government. I'm against the war and also against all the sanctions that affect and make suffer innocent civilians. I'm not here to hate anyone, I'm here for the games and for play.
low rated
Yeah so I don't give a flying FCK about Russia in a boycott forum of a gaming distributor; it has no place here and you trying to get the thread locked for political speech can go get summarily burried.

Is there any real news happening at the moment congruent to the thread?

As far as I can tell GOG is just playing business as usual and hoping this distraction can work in it's favor.

What's the latest on their HITMAN DRM debacle?
Still no concrete statement on preventative measures so it doesn't occur again?
low rated
BroscienceEngineer: Thanks for the inspiration. I'll try to stand up for Chinese GOG gamers when their payments get blocked off by GOG when the Chinese PLA invades Taiwan. Gotta make sure we prioritize innocent gamers of invading countries, with a roof over their heads and food to eat, than uplift innocent non-gaming civilians suffering one of the worst humanitarian crisis this century of course. Because games should unite people and gamers should look out for one another first!

Do you also invite burglers out for dinners after they've robbed one of your neighbours' homes?
Mafwek: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/as_long_as_russian_cant_buy_games_here_i_wont_spend_any_penny_here
That's why it's stupid. Your link and implicit fuck you doesn't solve anything.