It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: So while on the forum GOG is content with simply not answering, on Twitter they may feel compelled to quench dissent in a more direct way.
I know (seen many threads (pun intended) disappearing myself) that they did mass delete threads after Devotion thing (including one of mine which didnt even have to do anything with it). And supposedly (read here in the forum but dont have links or proof) they also banned users and deleted posts.

B1tF1ghter: In a way this is also GDPR violation.
People complained a lot.
I personally complained to blue in PM.
If you are serious about your belief (that this is a GDPR violation) - here is if/how/where you can complain:
https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en
And probably need to pick Poland here - but I am no expert on such things: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
=> https://uodo.gov.pl/
coffeecup: Oh boy, yet another GOG DRM thread.
B1tF1ghter: Aren't you enlightening society here with this post of yours are you? /s
Also, kind of late to the party eh? Only noticed after ~ 2k posts?
Yes, and you did not read my tagline below my username nor noticed why my avatar is in black and white shades.

B1tF1ghter: Since you seem to care about the presence of those "types" of threads enough to come in and say obvious while adding NOTHING to the discussion then why did you come so late?
I already did in countless other threads and it is really tiring to see these threads.

The TLDR version is that GOG executes its business decisions how they see fit and only backpeddle a tiny weeny bit enough to quell angry customers. In addition the staff of the company are quite good in keeping secrets, but hilariously botch their attempts to "steal marketshare from Steam". They should go back to their former selves and concentrate on capitalizing the surge of retro, bring back a whole swat of old abandoned games and providing reasonably packages for it. This will not happen anymore though, GOG has other goals now.

Most veterans just left or are apathetic, but this plays into their hands, young grasshopper.

It is cute to see that some people still soldier on and try to extrapolate a bridge between GOG and the chinese government via Epic (please don't to drugs while posting here).
Post edited April 13, 2021 by coffeecup
coffeecup: ...
I don't know if I should have but I took "drugs" note personally.
For the record: I am not interested in those at all.

So then the moral of your response is that the original post of yours that I picked upon was a form of sarcasm?
low rated
Does the fact that this thread hasn't been locked by now means that GOG is actually listening to people's grievances here?
high rated
Elmofongo: Does the fact that this thread hasn't been locked by now means that GOG is actually listening to people's grievances here?
More likely they are easier to ignore when dumped into this one thread they just never open.
Elmofongo: Does the fact that this thread hasn't been locked by now means that GOG is actually listening to people's grievances here?
I don't know whether they're listening, but see here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post2028
Somehow I doubt that, probably they're not paying attention.
low rated
Breja: More likely they are easier to ignore when dumped into this one thread they just never open.
I think the possibility of them not knowing about existence of this thread by now is rather really low.
1.It is actually quite convenient to concentrate all the backslash in one thread. That allows them to "control the crowd" more easily if they would so desire. Also they kind of have "all in one place" list for potential bans. Some people kind of are giving themselves away on a silver platter in this thread - so basically - I wouldn't be suprised if they would impose restrictions on many of those eventually (I am not going to talk about whether or not this is right, just pointing out the possibility).
2.I am SUSPECTING they are aware of the fact that closing it NOW could possibly lead to potentially even bigger backslash.
Breja: More likely they are easier to ignore when dumped into this one thread they just never open.
B1tF1ghter: I think the possibility of them not knowing about existence of this thread by now is rather really low.
1.It is actually quite convenient to concentrate all the backslash in one thread. That allows them to "control the crowd" more easily if they would so desire. Also they kind of have "all in one place" list for potential bans. Some people kind of are giving themselves away on a silver platter in this thread - so basically - I wouldn't be suprised if they would impose restrictions on many of those eventually (I am not going to talk about whether or not this is right, just pointing out the possibility).
2.I am SUSPECTING they are aware of the fact that closing it NOW could possibly lead to potentially even bigger backslash.
To be honest, banning me from GOG forums is mainly useless.
In 12 years of being on this store I guess I've posted really little, even if I complained a bit.

Going back to topic: boicotting GOG, these days, is not so difficult, seen the amount of crap they sell.
Even the sales are crap.
The few games I could be interested to buy I can find half price on some other store.

Perhaps, by the time these games will be 0.50€, I would consider buying the DRM free version here.
Post edited April 14, 2021 by OldOldGamer
Update to the boycott list:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - 13,49€
Operencia: The Stolen Sun - 10,00€
Outward - 11,99€
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - 12,99€
Thea 2 - 11,00€
Trine 4: Melody of Mystery - 07,49€
Warhammer: Chaosbane - 11,99€

TOTAL - 78,95€
Elmofongo: GOG is actually listening to people's grievances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o
No, it simply means they are paying so little notice they haven’t seen it.
mrkgnao: For those of you who haven't been following these things closely, I just wanted to report that GOG has greatly improved its maintenance of offline installers vis-a-vis galaxy installers (item #8 in the OP) since the beginning of the boycott. The list of non-up-to-date offline installers (https://airtable.com/shrldLsErlUf3eHqS/tbltXjS8fxEGG11eD), maintained by WinterSnowfall, has been growing shorter steadily.

Good show, GOG, and keep it up.

While the list is not empty and likely will never be, the improvement is quite dramatic. If that were my only issue with GOG, I'd consider it good enough to stop the boycott.
Sorry for not replying to this post sooner, mrkgnao. I agree this is good news, that things are improving with regards to the offline installers. I will update the first post to indicate that we have seen some positive progress on that front. There have also been some signs in this thread that GOG has taken some actions in the past few weeks to reach out to developers to have a couple of games fixed that had 'DRM-like' bugs. However, there are several bad offenders still on that list that GOG has not tackled and I was very disappointed by their recent statement that "we believe that the developers and publishers should be free to design and sell their games in a way they choose." No. That is a million miles from 'FCKDRM' and isn't what this store is (was) about. If this store is billing itself as 'DRM-free', then GOG needs to be actively enforcing those standards, not shrugging their shoulders and passing the buck on to developers.

Also, we have not heard anything or seen any acceptable resolution to the Devotion issue. For me to consider ending my boycott, Devotion needs to be released on GOG.com.
Post edited April 16, 2021 by Time4Tea
It's also worth pointing out that I don't think we have seen any new Galaxy-only incentives so far this year and I don't think we have seen much further slippage in terms of that list of DRMed games growing. GOG obviously aren't going to acknowledge the boycott and we don't know if it played any sort of role in the improvement with the offline installers. But, right now things at least don't seem to be getting any worse.

But, for crying out loud GOG, release some good games! I can't think of a single title this year that has even tempted me to break my boycott. It's nice of them to make it easy for me ... ;-)
Time4Tea: It's also worth pointing out that I don't think we have seen any new Galaxy-only incentives so far this year and I don't think we have seen much further slippage in terms of that list of DRMed games growing. GOG obviously aren't going to acknowledge the boycott and we don't know if it played any sort of role in the improvement with the offline installers. But, right now things at least don't seem to be getting any worse.

But, for crying out loud GOG, release some good games! I can't think of a single title this year that has even tempted me to break my boycott. It's nice of them to make it easy for me ... ;-)
Nice points.

As for games, that Arkham Horror may be worth consideration...in the other topic about DRM in singleplayer games, I see another title by Asmodee (Scythe) apparently contains some sort of nagging to register online now that it's been updated. Please correct me if I'm wrong. While such a thing would not technically count as DRM, it would be highly offensive nonetheless. So perhaps anyone interested in Arkham should "get it while it lasts", if a future update were to add such a thing to Arkham too.

Since, as we know, offline installer users are not given access to former versions of games. Galaxy users are allowed to roll back, but us second-class offline users are to take the "new and improved" versions, and like it! Now that I think about it, that on its own could be a valid reason for boycott until GOG reverses course on that too. It all goes back to offline installers being the unique selling point of GOG. If we buy them soon enough, before updates that add unwanted nonsense, they are ours to keep.
Post edited April 16, 2021 by rjbuffchix