It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time4Tea: It's also worth pointing out that I don't think we have seen any new Galaxy-only incentives so far this year and I don't think we have seen much further slippage in terms of that list of DRMed games growing. GOG obviously aren't going to acknowledge the boycott and we don't know if it played any sort of role in the improvement with the offline installers. But, right now things at least don't seem to be getting any worse.
That's true. For now. Two cases were fixed. One with GOG involvement, the other without. And no new cases were added so far.

However, what really irks me is that GOG refuses to fix their DRM-ed 'Galaxy rewards' DLC. It would be so easy for them to just rename them to 'GOG-rewards' and offer them to anyone as DRM-free download who has an account here. But no, they insist on coupling them to Galaxy, showing that they really don't want to reward customers that do not use Galaxy.
low rated
Time4Tea: But, for crying out loud GOG, release some good games! I can't think of a single title this year that has even tempted me to break my boycott. It's nice of them to make it easy for me ... ;-)
I think Moonstone and Yaga look good, and after playing the Disjuntion demo I added that to my wishlist as well. Besides, with a 100 games on my wishlist now, I'm not exactly desperate for new releases. Unless it should be the Star Trek games I've been hoping for since I first registered here :D
low rated
Breja: I think Moonstone and Yaga look good, and after playing the Disjuntion demo I added that to my wishlist as well. Besides, with a 100 games on my wishlist now, I'm not exactly desperate for new releases. Unless it should be the Star Trek games I've been hoping for since I first registered here :D
Ok, those look interesting. The only game I've added to my wishlist this year is Loop Hero, which looks fun and supports native Linux. I have 150 games on my wishlist now (plus a fairly big backlog which is increasing due to games I'm buying regularly from Zoom Platform). I've told myself 150 games is my wishlist limit. If I want to add anything else, I have to take something else off first :-)
low rated
Just bought Lego: Indiana Jones!

Great fun!

Best regards

phil
I won't beat a dead roting horse yet again, but here we go again...

Time4Tea: It's also worth pointing out that I don't think we have seen any new Galaxy-only incentives so far this year and I don't think we have seen much further slippage in terms of that list of DRMed games growing. GOG obviously aren't going to acknowledge the boycott and we don't know if it played any sort of role in the improvement with the offline installers
This is standard GOG business practice ignoring everything and not even responding to anything which does not fit in their business strategy and can get away with. There are countless examples, like axing the gog downloader, releasing GOG Galaxy (both versions) at time of release of their major new games although in the closed beta phase everyone said that there were major design flaws and rough edges, introduction of regional pricing (due publisher pressure), introduction of DRM (No Man Sky, Absolver, etc).

In addition, every integrated game (also any entry sourced by the game integrations) is stored on the GOG servers and cannot be removed except bugging the support team. This is very problematic if you use GOG Galaxy for starting pirated ROMs (you shouldnt do that though) or have problems with the community-integrated Steam "integration" and have more than some dozen games there. Reason for relegation to the community is one, that Steam is viewed as an enemy by GOG and second, can waive off any responsibilty outgrown of the integration plugin.

If you look in the reddit sub for GOG (r/gog) you will see that is now really more or less unknown that GOG has offline installers, which is intended on the way to get rid off these pesky installers. Too bad, that most older customers insist on them....

Time4Tea: . But, right now things at least don't seem to be getting any worse.
They can anytime say that the majority of customers do not use offline installers, so they will drop them (see above). This will come at one point in the future or is at least already planned.

Time4Tea: But, for crying out loud GOG, release some good games! I can't think of a single title this year that has even tempted me to break my boycott. It's nice of them to make it easy for me ... ;-)
The only saving grace for GOG being able to purchase legal drm free versions of games from publishers which are known to have idiotic DRM (online activations with SecuROM, Denuvo, online launcher).

Most famous examples are the Bioshock series, the newer Wolfenstein releases, XCOM series, games from Quantum (Detroit) etc.

I would not mind coming the RAGE games, the Borderlands main series games, the Civilization games (V is currently really borked due online activation) and VI here one GOG.

Edit: Warhammer 2 Vermintide would be neat to have too, but it is more or less an (great) online game, but riddled with Easy Anti-Cheat, broken promises (no servers for self-hosting, was promised) and introduced a cash-shop on top of the pricey DLCs.
Post edited April 18, 2021 by coffeecup
Breja: Wait, the official GOG account blocked you?
Yep. First time I've ever been blocked!
derwendelin: Just bought Lego: Indiana Jones!

Great fun!

Best regards

phil
Say, I was wondering, what is the purpose of your posts? Clearly you hold different views than some of the people here, so what is the idea behind all this?
I was looking at the offers. And nothing tempted me to review my boycott choice.

But... am I wrong or prices seems to have generally risen?

Great fun!

Best regards

phil
patrikc: Say, I was wondering, what is the purpose of your posts? Clearly you hold different views than some of the people here, so what is the idea behind all this?
He's just trolling. We're all supposed to be really angry that bought a game :D
My list of games that should have been here ages ago. (Cutout the ones that may never come like Blizzard and Valve)

Age of Empires + The Rise of Rome
Age of Empires 2 The Age of Kings + Conquerors
Age of Empires 3 + The Warchiefs + The Asian Dynasties
Alpha Protocal
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhod
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Battlefield 1942 + The Road to Rome + Secret Weapons of WW2
Batllefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2 + Special Forces + Euro Force + Armored Fury
Battlefield 2142 + Northern Strike
Black and White 1 + Creature Isle
Black and White 2 + Battle of the Gods
Borderlands 1 Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands 2 + All DLC
Call of Duty 1 + United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty World at War
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Civilization 1
Civlization 2 + Conflicts + Fantastic Worlds
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Command & Conquer 1 + The Coverty Operations
Command & Conquer Red Alert + Counterstrike + The Aftermath + Retaialtion
Command & Conquer Tibirian Sun + Firestorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath
Command & Conqueer: Red Alert 3 + Uprising
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Commander Keen
Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts + Tales of Valor
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Duke Nukem 1
Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Grand Theft Auto 1 + London 1986
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Heretic II
Marathon
Marathon Durandal
Marathon Infinity
Mechwarrior 1
Mechwarrior 2 + Mercenaries
Mechwarrior 3 + Pirate's Moon
Mechwarrior 4 + Black Knight + Mercenaries.
Neverwinter Nights 1991 Offline Version
No One Lives Forever 1: The Operative
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way
Powermonger
PowerSlave (Exhumed)
Prey 2006
Rise of Nations Extended Edition
SimCity 1
Shadowcaster
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear + Covert Ops Essentials + Black Thorn + Take Down - Missions in Korea
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield + Athena Sword + Iron Wrath
Tom Clacny's Splineter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Total War Shogun 1 + Mongol Invasion
Total War Medieval 1 + Viking Invasion
Total War Rome 1 + Barbarian Invasion + Alexander
Total War Medieval 2 + Kingdoms
Turok 3: Shadows of Oblivion
Witchaven I
Witchhaven II: Blood Vengeance
Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds
Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn
Wizardry IV: The Return of Werdna
Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom
Warhammer Fantasy: Dark Omen
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 1 + Winter Warfare + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm
Post edited April 18, 2021 by Elmofongo
rjbuffchix: Since, as we know, offline installer users are not given access to former versions of games. Galaxy users are allowed to roll back, but us second-class offline users are to take the "new and improved" versions, and like it! Now that I think about it, that on its own could be a valid reason for boycott until GOG reverses course on that too. It all goes back to offline installers being the unique selling point of GOG. If we buy them soon enough, before updates that add unwanted nonsense, they are ours to keep.
Well, my guess is that preserving former revisions of offline installers costs terabytes on terabytes on disk space (if I'm looking at my own "repo" in the cloud, it is currently sitting at about 24 TB for > 2000 games). If they are storing their games in the same chunked format the offline installers have now, this would save enormous disk space and even have the ability to provide multiple versions via Galaxy.

Maybe they could do generate offline installers on the fly based on GOG Galaxy (and caching them), but the downside is that you would have to wait for some time generating the installer if it is not cached. This also effectively would kill off any GOG Galaxy vs offline installer version disparity, as the installers would be directly generated from the current version.

If GOG is reading this:
You should not shut down the current offline installer build work, but offer both the traditional offline installer and the generated ones and transition to the latter really really really really at one point the generated ones are 1000% working.

And for the cached installers, I'd suggest to have about at least 20 TB storage space to quell customers angryness. For the funsies you could then easily provide a scoreboard of most downloaded installers ;D
Post edited April 19, 2021 by coffeecup
low rated
Nah I'm good thanks. Love the man babies down voting anyone who doesn't want to join the boycott :D
Elmofongo: PowerSlave (Exhumed)
Rejoice!
low rated

Great fun!

Best regards

phil
patrikc: Say, I was wondering, what is the purpose of your posts? Clearly you hold different views than some of the people here, so what is the idea behind all this?
Just go back a few pages. I explained it there.

Oh, and I bought "Mad Max" recently.

All the best to you!

Phil

P.S.: I guess it´s more frank to openly state that I disagree, than to make fun of the "poo bear posters quoting themselves" like I read in an other part of the forum.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by derwendelin
derwendelin: Just go back a few pages. I explained it there.
Yeah, you are "boycotting this thread" by posting in it :D