It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blackcatXIII: So if you don't have access to this contract, I am not sure how you can claim this contract was broken. Have you ever seen or read a contract of this nature between a storefront and game devs/pubs?
B1tF1ghter: I am not going to bother to respond to this if you cannot be bothered to read what I have already said for past several pages and if counting all pages in this thread then several times.
You cannot be bothered to simply answer if you have seen or read any such contracts? It is a simple question.
high rated
I just came here to see if anything had changed at GOG, but I guess not. :-(

I bought Devotion direct from the devs. Installed but not played yet. So that's the only game I've bought this year. I used to buy stuff every month from GOG, so it's weird to move on after all these years and stop buying games from them or promoting them.

I should add it's not just GOG's actions / disingenuousness regarding the original Devotion issue, but also their later position that really disappointed me. They ignored my two messages about it to support, and even blocked my account on Twitter. I consider that to be rude and anti-customer. Oh well.
kdgog: They ignored my two messages about it to support, and even blocked my account on Twitter. I consider that to be rude and anti-customer. Oh well.
Wait, the official GOG account blocked you? I don't use social media, but that sounds like pretty blcokheaded move from a PR standpoint :D Either you were trolling them like there was no tomorrow, or they have their heads so far up their asses they can taste their own kidneys.
Actually that's not a first. According to what I read here on the forum, GOG/CDPR removed many messages (from real gamers, this time) on Twitter concerning the sorry state of Cyberpunk 2077 and also blocked several players who complained too much about it. So if they employ these tactics when their current main game is concerned, why should they not employ the same anti-customer methods when their dealings with China are concerned?

I guess after several PR disasters on Twitter GOG isn't taking any chances anymore and now tries to block everything that could escalate. I mean it fits. They prefer to keep silent about problems instead of fixing them. We see that regularly here on the forum. So why should it be different on other platforms? Also Twitter seems to be much more volatile than a simple forum. So while on the forum GOG is content with simply not answering, on Twitter they may feel compelled to quench dissent in a more direct way.
Post edited April 12, 2021 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: Actually that's not a first. According to what I read here on the forum, GOG/CDPR removed many messages (from real gamers, this time) on Twitter concerning the sorry state of Cyberpunk 2077 and also blocked several players who complained too much about it. So if they employ these tactics when their current main game is concerned, why should they not employ the same anti-customer methods when their dealings with China are concerned?

I guess after several PR disasters on Twitter GOG isn't taking any chances anymore and now tries to block everything that could escalate. I mean it fits. They prefer to keep silent about problems instead of fixing them. We see that regularly here on the forum. So why should it be different on other platforms? Also Twitter seems to be much more volatile than a simple forum. So while on the forum GOG is content with simply not answering, on Twitter they may feel compelled to quench dissent in a more direct way.
I see your point. It's just that if it was my company, I'd fire any PR person who blocks users instead of calmly and politely responding to them. I mean, I don't even care if the users in question are right or wrong or hopelessly stupid and annoying as fuck, it's your job to put up with it and make the company look good while doing it. But I'll be the first to admit my approach may be entirely too old-fashioned and not really smart for modern day social media landscape.
Post edited April 12, 2021 by Breja
Breja: I see your point. It's just that if it was my company, I'd fire any PR person who blocks users instead of calmly and politely responding to them. I mean, I don't even care if the users in question are right or wrong or hopelessly stupid and annoying as fuck, it's your job to put up with it and make the company look good while doing it. But I'll be the first to admit my approach may be entirely too old-fashioned and not really smart for modern day social media landscape.
I don't know whether it would be smart or not. I think as well that your way would be the better one. It's just not GOG's way anymore. Regrettably.
Breja: I see your point. It's just that if it was my company, I'd fire any PR person who blocks users instead of calmly and politely responding to them. I mean, I don't even care if the users in question are right or wrong or hopelessly stupid and annoying as fuck, it's your job to put up with it and make the company look good while doing it. But I'll be the first to admit my approach may be entirely too old-fashioned and not really smart for modern day social media landscape.
Lifthrasil: I don't know whether it would be smart or not. I think as well that your way would be the better one. It's just not GOG's way anymore. Regrettably.
Personally, the lack of transparency and the unwillingness to communicate, along with a vague feeling that truth doesn't seem important to them, is my main gripe with GOG. If they don't turn that around in an obvious way, it's unlikely I'll be spending any significant money here, if any at all. So in my particular case, it would definitely be the smart thing to do.

Of course, one person does not a major segment make, so there's no telling how representative (or not) I am of the general populous.
kdgog: I just came here to see if anything had changed at GOG, but I guess not. :-(

I bought Devotion direct from the devs. Installed but not played yet. So that's the only game I've bought this year. I used to buy stuff every month from GOG, so it's weird to move on after all these years and stop buying games from them or promoting them.

I should add it's not just GOG's actions / disingenuousness regarding the original Devotion issue, but also their later position that really disappointed me. They ignored my two messages about it to support, and even blocked my account on Twitter. I consider that to be rude and anti-customer. Oh well.
Unfortunately, you're just an inconvenient customer at this point. One that is expecting GOG to uphold certain standards, which they now find inconvenient.

I'm sorry to hear this.
Ironically gog's still doing the boycotting for me by mixing googles payment in with card payments until I can find a paysafecard place.
§pectre: Ironically gog's still doing the boycotting for me by mixing googles payment in with card payments until I can find a paysafecard place.
At least in this respect the are helpful. ;-) As long as you can't pay, you're not tempted to cease your boycott. :-)
low rated
§pectre: Ironically gog's still doing the boycotting for me by mixing googles payment in with card payments until I can find a paysafecard place.
Hey since you're at it can you answer me this maybe:
Did they fix the "loading saved card details (note: saved BEFORE gpay was even introduced) requires allowing scripts from gpay"?
Can you (or someone) explain to me the issue you're referring to?
mrkgnao: Can you (or someone) explain to me the issue you're referring to?
Some time ago GOG introduced Google Pay as a payment method.
Unfortunatelly whoever is responsible for GOG's CMS'es botched the job.

I don't know what the person you quoted is referring to but I can explain to you my side of the story.

TLDR.
I had card info saved on GOG long before Gpay was introduced.
It loaded just fine in cart (note: you don't have to actually BUY anything to test this, you just have to add something to cart and try to load your saved card payment info) every time.
Then Gpay got introduced.
And now suddenly to load card details saved LONG BEFORE GPAY WAS A THING ON GOG (not to mention my card info has NOTHING to do with Gpay system) one has to allow scripts from pay. google .com to run (I use script blocking for privacy and security reasons and so do many other people).
This is beyond privacy violation.
In a way this is also GDPR violation.
People complained a lot.
I personally complained to blue in PM.
Months passed.
I just rechecked before posting this and nothing has changed.
This is yet another BS and should be added to "reasons of boycott" in OP post imo.

There is also this thread btw:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/google_pay_and_apple_pay_now_available_for_gogcom_users_01da5/post43
mrkgnao: Can you (or someone) explain to me the issue you're referring to?
B1tF1ghter: Some time ago GOG introduced Google Pay as a payment method.

I don't know what the person you quoted is referring to but I can explain to you my side of the story.

TLDR.
It loaded just fine in cart (note: you don't have to actually BUY anything to test this, you just have to add something to cart and try to load your saved card payment info) every time.
And now suddenly to load card details saved LONG BEFORE GPAY WAS A THING ON GOG (not to mention my card info has NOTHING to do with Gpay system) one has to allow scripts from pay. google .com to run (I use script blocking for privacy and security reasons and so do many other people).
People complained a lot.
Months passed.
This is yet another BS and should be added to "reasons of boycott" in OP post imo.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/google_pay_and_apple_pay_now_available_for_gogcom_users_01da5/post43
Thank you. Very clear. Never came across it as I never gave GOG my card details to save.
Post edited April 13, 2021 by mrkgnao
B1tF1ghter: Some time ago GOG introduced Google Pay as a payment method.

TLDR.
People complained a lot.
Months passed.

mrkgnao: Thank you. Very clear. Never came across it as I never gave GOG my card details to save.
Some people in the thread I linked also suggest / imply it is also required to load PayPal...
Either way it's a massive CMS maintanance f*ckup. Also quite exceptional privacy breach.
Yet GOG, with MANY complaints, seems unphased by it and seems to give no sh*ts.

Basically yet another thing wrong with GOG's actions. It's been like that for MONTHS.