It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
derwendelin: Just go back a few pages. I explained it there.
Breja: Yeah, you are "boycotting this thread" by posting in it :D
Bravo!

P.S.: Sociologically speaking: "I am fueling your will to keep on keeping on."

P.P.S.: So perhapy I am on your side and am actually motivating you.

P.P.P.S.: Or I just studying the beaviour of forum members (and you all will be in my paper soon).
Post edited April 20, 2021 by derwendelin
Breja: Yeah, you are "boycotting this thread" by posting in it :D
derwendelin: Bravo!

P.S.: Sociologically speaking: "I am fueling your will to keep on keeping on."

P.P.S.: So perhapy I am on your side and am actually motivating you.

P.P.P.S.: Or I just studying the beaviour of forum members (and you all will be in my paper soon).
Thank you for helping the boycott in spirit, if not in action. Every small gesture counts. Much appreciated.
This month I spent a couple hundred €€€ on shit I bought on ebay. DVDs, boxed versions of good old games (hey, finally an Unreal Tournament big box!). Looks nice on my shelf. Gog doesn't even have a shelf anymore lol
mrkgnao: Thank you for helping the boycott in spirit, if not in action. Every small gesture counts. Much appreciated.
Sure, I disagree with removing Gwent (even though I don't use it personally) and the politicization of the Devotion incident, but other than that, yes, I hope they keep supporting offline installers and do their utmost to make them on par with the Galaxy/Steam versions (in terms of both multiplayer support and offline content).

I don't believe at all that it is what they will do in the long term (based on my views of what truly motivates corporations and also what they're putting the emphasis on), but I hope.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by Magnitus
mrkgnao: Thank you for helping the boycott in spirit, if not in action. Every small gesture counts. Much appreciated.
Magnitus: Sure, I disagree with removing Gwent (even though I don't use it personally) and the politicization of the Devotion incident, but other than that, yes, I hope they keep supporting offline installers and do their utmost to make them on par with the Galaxy/Steam versions (in terms of both multiplayer support and offline content).

I don't believe at all that it is what they will do in the long term (based on my views of what truly motivates corporations and also what they're putting the emphasis on), but I hope.
I believe many goglodytes agree in principle with at least some of the issues raised by boycotters. I don't think there are many out there who are hoping for more galaxy-only rewards or for more DLCs that work only if one registers for an online account.

What this thread offers is an alternative to the feeling that there is no option but buying on GOG. While many people, understandably, as yet do not feel that the current situation warrants a boycott, for some it's only a matter of time. When GOG's next cock-up makes a few more people feel that 'enough is enough', these people will already know that there is a valid alternative and that they are not alone.
I would like to have my name moved from people who are boycotting list to the people who are sympathetic list.

I still haven't purchased any games here since December, but since Devotion is now available for purchase DRM-Free elsewhere and GOG hasn't seemed to be getting worse I won't be as strict with boycotting games here.

That said, I will still prioritize buying from other places either directly from the developer or from itch.io, Fireflower Games or the humbestore when the game is available there DRM-Free.

Since I want to support point and click adventure games when I can, I will buy from here if there is a new game I want to play and GOG is the only DRM-Free option.
llamas: I would like to have my name moved from people who are boycotting list to the people who are sympathetic list.

I still haven't purchased any games here since December, but since Devotion is now available for purchase DRM-Free elsewhere and GOG hasn't seemed to be getting worse I won't be as strict with boycotting games here.

That said, I will still prioritize buying from other places either directly from the developer or from itch.io, Fireflower Games or the humbestore when the game is available there DRM-Free.

Since I want to support point and click adventure games when I can, I will buy from here if there is a new game I want to play and GOG is the only DRM-Free option.
Ok, it's no problem. I have moved you to the sympathetic list.
llamas: I would like to have my name moved from people who are boycotting list to the people who are sympathetic list.

Time4Tea: Ok, it's no problem. I have moved you to the sympathetic list.
Thank you, very appreciative of your commitment to this topic.
low rated
i guess that someone in this thread noticed it and can answer my question:

since when did gog start to announce its threads with News instead of Good News?
Getting up to date with the thread, and it seems GOG has chosen to ignore this (the Devotion debacle in particular). Just acknowledging they messed up, or at least that there's a legitimate concern, would have been a welcome step. Unsurprising but still disappointing. Well, no purchases from me then.
Anyway, thanks Time4Tea and other users for giving a voice to our concerns and keeping the thread updated.
You can add my name to the sympathetic list.
apehater: i guess that someone in this thread noticed it and can answer my question:

since when did gog start to announce its threads with News instead of Good News?
I guess that was a while after people started making fun of 'Good News (TM)'. After 'Good News' had turned into the GOG term for bad news.
apehater: i guess that someone in this thread noticed it and can answer my question:

Lifthrasil: I guess that was a while after people started making fun of 'Good News (TM)'. After 'Good News' had turned into the GOG term for bad news.
It kept reminding me of Futurama, which was nice :P
Lifthrasil: I guess that was a while after people started making fun of 'Good News (TM)'. After 'Good News' had turned into the GOG term for bad news.
Pangaea666: It kept reminding me of Futurama, which was nice :P
That's no lady!
I had seen this post quite early - but I tried to handle my problems with GOG ...
as I am now again waiting for a real answer due to a ticket created by GOG after deleting my review ...
so for all people who think that this thread has no substance just look at my forum post:
* https://www.gog.com/forum/forgotten_fields/currently_not_a_real_linux_game_review_censorship_by_gog
And please give a comment if the old review was deleted out of reason or if this is censorship!

Maybe I will soon put the entire ticket of 02/2021 with the subject:
"No Linux support and generally bad quality concerning Linux games"
with all which piled up till creating this ticket here - to prove that some gamers do have problems.
And I came with solutions to change the situation for other gamers ...

So a clear yes to the question if this topic stands on firm ground concerning non-Windows gamers
from my side.
And the list is enormous ... and GOG is aware of this.

And to all Windows-only gamers: you can fetch your popcorn ... ;)