It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz
RAM - 16 GB DDR3
GFX - AMD Radeon R9 200 4gb
Win 7 Enterpirise 64 bit
Galaxy Install

Running game at 1920 x 1080 high with no issues or hangups.

Report a Bug though when after useing a potion like Swallow the empty containers remain in inventory and your unable to make new potions as it states you already have this in your inventory. Need to drop it out of inventory to create new one's.

Otherwise no real issues on my end other than a sore rear end because I haven't been this deeply engaged in something this good in a long time.

An I totaly get why the first area has the you reached the end of the world it's a training area to get used to the changes and to learn as I'm now past that area and have ventured into area's that had me running for the hills because hey freely exploring might be good until my level 5 runs into a level 30 hehe. But its all good!!
kklsid: Well, that certainely was the most beautiful sunset-between-stormclouds-while-winding-and-raining I have ever seen in a game. It also was 5 minutes of doing absolutely nothing but staring at my screen in awe.

But damn, that game is demanding. Can't even think about turning on Surround. Got it smooth on one screen now, but had to turn down Foilage Distance to Medium and turn off that (IMO pretty useless) HairThing and AA (2 Titans @ 2560x1600, they start to show their age, I guess).

Sadly the trees and that grass are pretty distracting sometimes. Looks more like painted paper than real plants in the wind.
It do seem like Nvidia did ignore their older cards when it comes to their witcher 3 drivers. So a Titan is really close to a 7970 in performance right now. I would expect them to fix this shortly and hopefully give your Titans a deserved 50% boost.
Bug (Major)

Item quick slot broken. Can not use items ie crossbow lamp etc etc.
All equipped yet non functioning. Tried remapping the bindings still does not work.
Meaning I can not complete certain quests or use the combat gameplay in the way the game was designed to work
ashaira: optimizations? a 960 from nvidia is getting better fps than a 780 or titan (original). I would not call that good optimization. And what happened to the 2013 trailer where they said Yeah a high end PC today can def run this.
BTCentral: The 9xx series cards perform tessellation at over 3x the speed of the 7xx series according to nVidia, so is it really surprising that the game performs better with one? Nope - Tessellation is used extensively for things like HairWorks, in addition hairworks also uses MSAA on the hair so is going to be extremely demanding with those two things combined.

I have a Core i7 930, 12 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD & GTX 760 2GB - I'm playing at 1080p with everything set to high except Foliage Visibility Range which is set to Medium and HairWorks is off. Been working just fine for me and looks great.

You want to talk about poorly optimised games? I can't even play assassin's creed unity at 30 FPS with reasonable graphics settings.
My system has the same specs and I'm barely getting 30fps at medium... poorly optimised, I have to agree.
jeralrik: CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz
RAM - 16 GB DDR3
Win 7 Enterpirise 64 bit
Galaxy Install

Report a Bug though when after useing a potion like Swallow the empty containers remain in inventory and your unable to make new potions as it states you already have this in your inventory. Need to drop it out of inventory to create new one's.

Otherwise no real issues on my end other than a sore rear end because I haven't been this deeply engaged in something this good in a long time.

An I totaly get why the first area has the you reached the end of the world it's a training area to get used to the changes and to learn as I'm now past that area and have ventured into area's that had me running for the hills because hey freely exploring might be good until my level 5 runs into a level 30 hehe. But its all good!!
Leave the "used" potions in your quickslot and meditate for a few hours, Geralt will mix up some new ones while he sleeps.
timppu: Ps. Is there an ingame framerate counter? I'd like to confirm what kind of FPS I am getting.
None that are available through the UI directly visible to the average gamer I don't think. Maybe some INI file hack or something, no idea about that. What I did to get an FPS counter was added my GOG Witcher 3 into Steam using "Add non-Steam game to Steam" feature in the Steam client, then launched the game from within Steam. I have Steam's FPS counter turned on all the time so that worked for me, as well as adding the ability to take screenshots and broadcast the game to friends as well.

Hopefully Galaxy adds similar features down the line though.
May we enjoy it for all eternity! :D
jeralrik: CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz
RAM - 16 GB DDR3
Win 7 Enterpirise 64 bit
Galaxy Install

ForgetDeny: Leave the "used" potions in your quickslot and meditate for a few hours, Geralt will mix up some new ones while he sleeps.
Thanks I never would have thought of that!

lliam: Bug (Major)

All equipped yet non functioning. Tried remapping the bindings still does not work.
Meaning I can not complete certain quests or use the combat gameplay in the way the game was designed to work
Most of the items like crossbow, lamp and bombs have to be selected useing your Tab key and those slots are below your signs. Hope that helps.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by jeralrik
I wont be playing this one The Witcher3 Wild hunt
find it abit too much combat and kind of gory.
however i did order the book . Iam not good at playing action adventuer games .
books better that way i dont get to see all the kind of gory parts andi dont have to do combat.
i am a adventuer gamer point and click spend hours trying to get hugepuzzle machince going.
while eating popcorn.
timppu: Ps. Is there an ingame framerate counter? I'd like to confirm what kind of FPS I am getting.
skeletonbow: None that are available through the UI directly visible to the average gamer I don't think. Maybe some INI file hack or something, no idea about that. What I did to get an FPS counter was added my GOG Witcher 3 into Steam using "Add non-Steam game to Steam" feature in the Steam client, then launched the game from within Steam. I have Steam's FPS counter turned on all the time so that worked for me, as well as adding the ability to take screenshots and broadcast the game to friends as well.

Hopefully Galaxy adds similar features down the line though.
Yeah, maybe I'll try that then. I didn't realize it is usable also for non-Steam games run through it, that 's a good find.

Somehow though I've become accustomed to 3D games having their internal FPS counters, but maybe not. I just want to confirm the actual framerate, just to see if what I e.g. believe to be 30 FPS, is merely 20 FPS or so.

And yeah, that could be a useful feature for Galaxy, and one reason to occasionally run GOG games through it. :)
ForgetDeny: Leave the "used" potions in your quickslot and meditate for a few hours, Geralt will mix up some new ones while he sleeps.
jeralrik: Thanks I never would have thought of that!

lliam: Bug (Major)

jeralrik: Most of the items like crossbow, lamp and bombs have to be selected useing your Tab key and those slots are below your signs. Hope that helps.
No problem, I just noticed it happening by chance, the game doesn't explain it to you [which it probably should!].
Btw. I wonder why there aren't more posts in this thread? I would have expected 500 posts by now. Even the release of old Star Trek games got more attention from the community. Obviously either people are too busy playing W3 or there aren't that many.

Fitting for that, the stock quote of CDP yesterday went 5-10% down (after going up 20% in the beginning of May).

Of course I'm jumping to conclusions. But I guess that the whole board of CDP is currently very much attached to the all the latest incoming sales data. It's not easy to work for 3-5 years and then get the reward (or a good estimation of it) within one week.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Trilarion
six-: It do seem like Nvidia did ignore their older cards when it comes to their witcher 3 drivers. So a Titan is really close to a 7970 in performance right now. I would expect them to fix this shortly and hopefully give your Titans a deserved 50% boost.
Got the newest driver before starting the game, so I don't know how it would have run with an older one.
Will keep an eye out for updates then - hope you're right!
Post edited May 20, 2015 by kklsid
jeralrik: Report a Bug though when after useing a potion like Swallow the empty containers remain in inventory and your unable to make new potions as it states you already have this in your inventory. Need to drop it out of inventory to create new one's.

hi jeralrik,
also thought that at first but you have to meditate. When you have alcohol or other ingredients for potions and bombs they will refill automatically while meditation. Hope it works for you :)

edit: ah okay problem already solved, sorry
Post edited May 20, 2015 by presidentuebel
charity23: I wont be playing this one The Witcher3 Wild hunt
find it abit too much combat and kind of gory.
however i did order the book . Iam not good at playing action adventuer games .
books better that way i dont get to see all the kind of gory parts andi dont have to do combat.
i am a adventuer gamer point and click spend hours trying to get hugepuzzle machince going.
while eating popcorn.
Well, Witcher books are really great, but remember that they tell diffrent story - games are non cannon continuation of original Witcher saga that ended in 1999.