It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
One question. Does anyone know how to get achievements to work? I thought I read somewhere that The Witcher 3's achievements work, but they haven't so far for me. Does anyone know why? Or are the achievements still something yet to be fully implemented?
My sister loves Witcher games because she is in love with Geralt-her boyfriend is furious :D
TheGodPc: my god how really i got two free copies of this with my GTX 980s? and it doesnt so take ur comment back smart arse
Lucky guy. I had to buy a new computer just a few weeks ago and only when I installed the drivers for the GTX960 I saw the message "search for your code for free 'The Witcher 3'" - so I searched and ... found nothing since I happened to buy the computer at a "not participating shop" ... *sigh*

(and just yesterday I saw that in the meantime you could even get "Witcher 3" AND "Arkham Knight" for free!)

But I won't complain too much since for a game like "The Witcher 3" I actually prefer to buy the retail disc-version. :)
TheGodPc: Im using GOG.com Downloader now to saee if it works.... yeah that galaxy think just made me realise how great steam is [ the custom service for GOG.com and Steam seem to be the same ... non existant ]
zambrey: Good luck.
I imagine that GOG support is swarmed with Galaxy and Witcher related stuff lately but generally they respond pretty fast. It's one of the best customer service out there.
yup, it is, i dont know how bad steam is, cause i never had to use the support, but then again i seldom buy any expensive stuff (only Xulima dlx and that was because i had to see what it was, the minute it came on GOG i uninstalled the steam version)

i think GOG is one of the best compared to others, there is at least one pretty wellknown site that is awful at support, no need to mention their name though, cause most of the internet knows which one that is, it has loads of complains plus there were even petitions started against the site. (just google)

GOG is by far the best and the fastest in responding, i only had to use it 2 times , once in the evry beginning and that was a very simple thing, and another time when the replies where folded and that was a simple forum isssue so basically so far i havent used the support yet cause all things are so smooth.

But if people think that gog is slow or so thats up to these people to think so.
Can't afford it right now, and I still haven't finished the second one, but YAY !
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Licurg
Well done CD Projekt RED!
low rated
Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
ashaira: Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
Are you sure? From I've heard the PC version looks much superior than the console version.
Yeah they had to cut some features so that older cards can handle it but still it looks gorgeous.
I would rather praise them for their good optimization :)
It may actually run on my old HD5770 on very low settings :)
MIK0: And now that TW3 is finally released we could move on and think of more important matters, like fixing GOG site for instance :D
Or a Cyberpunk 2077 update? That's the REAL news! :D
Well I can think of at least two web sites that will have nothing left to talk about now.
Wait, why is CD Projekt Red hiring a 'Head of Studio' what happened to the old one?
Seems like a funny time to leave...
http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/head-studio/
ashaira: Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
zambrey: Are you sure? From I've heard the PC version looks much superior than the console version.
Yeah they had to cut some features so that older cards can handle it but still it looks gorgeous.
I would rather praise them for their good optimization :)
It may actually run on my old HD5770 on very low settings :)
optimizations? a 960 from nvidia is getting better fps than a 780 or titan (original). I would not call that good optimization. And what happened to the 2013 trailer where they said Yeah a high end PC today can def run this.
ashaira: optimizations? a 960 from nvidia is getting better fps than a 780 or titan (original). I would not call that good optimization. And what happened to the 2013 trailer where they said Yeah a high end PC today can def run this.
Did they say this? Could you please provide a link, I'm interested.
LiquidOxygen80: Or a Cyberpunk 2077 update? That's the REAL news! :D
This, please! It's been forever since we've seen some new info about that title.
Got and installed my retail copy. Wasn't too happy that it just auto-installed GOG Galaxy without asking me, since I'd prefer to not use the service. I uninstalled it and the game still works, but I thought we were above such tactics, CD Project?

So far it's pretty good, though the basic controls are a tad... off. Just the way that Geralt moves, at least with mouse and keyboard. It's a little harder to control him and put him where I want than in previous Witcher games. He walks a tad... I dunno... jerky? Skippy? Not sure how better to describe it. It's just... odd.

Again, fun so far. And good-looking to boot. Running everything on Max settings and it looks a treat and is really smooth. Still feels a little console-oriented so far (I preferred the control scheme and interfaces of the original), but beyond that it's a solid game so far.