It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
jeralrik: Sounds like this player came over from the Steam Forums just to make a comment!
No. I've been follwing the development for some time, even back before it was officially announced a couple years ago.

My comments stand. This game is terrible.

Primarly because pc port is full of bugs and the story is written for an adult (sex, violence, etc.) with a childs intellegence. Borning. Predicable, and trite. My five year old has books with a better plot.
Post edited May 22, 2015 by carlolimb
carlolimb: ...My five year old has books with a better plot.
Although it is kind of unfair to compare video games to books. :)

Maybe we could compare W3 to Skyrim or Mass Effect or Baldurs Gate or any other successful RPG storywise. I mean graphics is nice but the story is really what adds the spice, isn't it.

As for the bugs, well one could wait a few months for some patches and buy/play then. Usually the bugs can be fixed. A bad story however...
Post edited May 22, 2015 by Trilarion
I'm curious you say the PC version of the game is full of bugs, could you enlighten me by nameing a few so I can look for them through my current play through, simple request, as I myself haven't seen any yet nor had any crashes to desktop.

As for the story I've barely scratched the surface and work on it when I feel the need to otherwise I'm out doing Witcher stuff and finding all those new spots on my map. There's plenty to do in the game other than follow the story.

An I apologize about my Steam comment it was uncalled for and I've been humbled.
jeralrik: Sounds like this player came over from the Steam Forums just to make a comment!
carlolimb: No. I've been follwing the development for some time, even back before it was officially announced a couple years ago.

Primarly because pc port is full of bugs and the story is written for an adult (sex, violence, etc.) with a childs intellegence. Borning. Predicable, and trite. My five year old has books with a better plot.
I assume that you skipped the first two games in the series, and are unfamiliar with the books.
carlolimb: No. I've been follwing the development for some time, even back before it was officially announced a couple years ago.

TheSupremeForce: I assume that you skipped the first two games in the series, and are unfamiliar with the books.
I have all the Witcher Games and enjoyed them immensly I have the collectors edition of TW2 and have Geralts Bust and the Comic Book that came with it, The books themselves I wasn't aware of and have 2 of them on order at Amazon to help fill in some of the back story.

So I'm a tiny bit ignorant book lore that is. :)
TheSupremeForce: I assume that you skipped the first two games in the series, and are unfamiliar with the books.
jeralrik: I have all the Witcher Games and enjoyed them immensly I have the collectors edition of TW2 and have Geralts Bust and the Comic Book that came with it, The books themselves I wasn't aware of and have 2 of them on order at Amazon to help fill in some of the back story.

So I'm a tiny bit ignorant book lore that is. :)
That's great.

I was responding to the person complaining about the story for being violent and full of sex. As you would know (having played the earlier games), anyone with ANY knowledge of what he/she was getting into would know to expect a lot of violence and sex in a Witcher story.

haha butthurt much?

To say that the story is childish and relies heavily on sex, violence, etc, is a little bit too simplistic. In fact, I have never experienced in the last few years a story or a quest in a game that is well designed and made me regretting some of the choicse I made like I met in this game. Never feel sympathy or care about one faction or character like I experienced when I played the first two and in my early teen hours in this game.

Would you mind telling what kind of game do you like? I played all the three series of this game, and completed each more than once, I love the story and the gameplay of all of them, and just about teen hours into the third, and could say that the game is great. I won't (or could not at this moment) say that TW3 is the best of the three, since there are few elements from the predecessors that changed and I dearly missed (the alchemy system as an example, I prefer the previous versions than the third).

The combat, graphics and quests improved (combat has the most improvement) in my most humble opinion from the previous series. Maybe it's just about matter of preference, and i really appreciate your opinion, just curious and wanted to know more about your statement, not about to debate you or anything, just so you know :)
Unbelievable, fantastic, epic, no words.. Thanks for our polish friends! :))
Ruga Hun
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Ruga