It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
FlyByU: Question: Is this going to be an open world like oblivion or is it going to be like Witcher 2?
I was never a fan of the Elder Scrolls games, but I would say Witcher 3 is definitely more open world than the previous titles. In fact, it's probably the best open world game I've seen, and one of the best ever made, period.

Now, if you're somehow mistaking open world for sandbox RPGs such as Bethesda's titles, then, no, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is not that kind of game. It is open world, indeed, but far from being a sandbox game. It has huge focus on narrative and storytelling, much like the previous iterations, and some areas are cut off from the main world (meaning you get there via a loading screen), so, if you're one of those people that thinks loading screens means no open world, Witcher 3 has them -- then again, Skyrim is largely considered the open world game to define sandbox open world games and even that one is riddled with loading screens: when you enter a dungeon, a new part of a dungeon, some houses, some towns, etc.

It is a great game but if you're expecting it to be exactly like Oblivion you're probably going to get a little disappointed. I would say it's a bit more like The Witcher 2 with some RPG elements brought back from the first Witcher set in a living open world in which your choices, albeit small, matter.
henriquejr: How about the first 2 free DLCs ? I read CDPR will be releasing them both today, am I correct ?
The first two were available when the game was launched:
https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program
musteriuz: I'm glad people are enjoying their new game, but what about those of us who aren't interested in it? It's been 3 days that the home page for gog only shows the Witcher 3 and a couple of sales promotions, no news headlines are visible or accessible. By that I mean that even when I click on the "More news" tab, nothing happens. I have refreshed my cache, but no changes.
... yeah, they're having a big sales push for their new flagship product. Fairly standard commercial practice, so ... get over it?
lliam: Bug (Major)

Item quick slot broken. Can not use items ie crossbow lamp etc etc.
All equipped yet non functioning. Tried remapping the bindings still does not work.
Meaning I can not complete certain quests or use the combat gameplay in the way the game was designed to work
skeletonbow: I've played the game for about 12 hours total now, I have a crossbow and I have absolutely no idea what key/mouse/whatever button to click to arm it or use it. Nothing showing in options. There might be a way to do it but it is non-intuitive to me at least and I'm no n00b to gaming nor RPGs. :)

Maybe you have to use an Xbox 360 controller in order to use the crossbow. :)

musteriuz: I'm glad people are enjoying their new game, but what about those of us who aren't interested in it? It's been 3 days that the home page for gog only shows the Witcher 3 and a couple of sales promotions, no news headlines are visible or accessible. By that I mean that even when I click on the "More news" tab, nothing happens. I have refreshed my cache, but no changes.
skeletonbow: Presumably people who are not interested in the Witcher 3 wont play it. Just a guess though. It's kind of like "When a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, did it really make a sound?" though. :)
Centre/mousewheel button for your crossbow my good sir. Hold it down while aiming, then release to fire.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by ForgetDeny
I got the physical DVD copy of the game. Are the files on the disks (.exe and .bin) the same ones I would download from Galaxy? If so, can I just copy them off the disk? It'd save me a lot of time downloading the files for my backup archive.
henriquejr: How about the first 2 free DLCs ? I read CDPR will be releasing them both today, am I correct ?
BTCentral: The first two were available when the game was launched:
Thank you!
I didn't know that, because I've read somewhere else the first 2 DLCs would be released 20th May, and the others would be released in intervals of 7days: 27th May, 3rd June, etc.

Maybe CDPR just changed their schedule.
Apparently there were 1.5 MILLION pre-orders in total. Nice result of all the hard work by CDPR!
BTCentral: The first two were available when the game was launched:
henriquejr: Thank you!
I didn't know that, because I've read somewhere else the first 2 DLCs would be released 20th May, and the others would be released in intervals of 7days: 27th May, 3rd June, etc.

Maybe CDPR just changed their schedule.
The first two free DLCs of the 16 free ones are the beard and hairstyle set and the horse armour, the rest will come out in intervals over the next few weeks/months https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program

The two paid DLCs (Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine) will come out in October and next year https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass
Wait, people are having problems with the game playing?

I've had quest bugs, and a few crashes, but it's much better than something like Skyrim was at launch.

I'm playing it, primarily, on a gaming laptop with an i7 4710HQ 2.5(3.5)GHz and an 8GB GTX 980M in it, plays perfectly on Ultra (though the Nvidia hair thing looks wonky and I turned it off) and the fans barely even kick on at all as it has never passes 70C. I also tested it out on my old desktop, a 2GB GTX 760 and an AMD FX 4100 in there, and it plays nicely on Medium settings with no heat issues or framerate drop.
I love it i already regret sooo many things..!
There is (actually are quite a bunch of) totally boring reviews on this site about Witcher 3:

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a thoughtful, diverse, and frequently awe-inspiring adventure. Its stories are deep and satisfying, unafraid to touch on themes of personal character, presenting players with choices and consequences that aren’t about turning into a hero or a villain. In the end, it’s quite simply one of the best RPGs ever made. Its shockingly cohesive world is as beautiful as it is demanding, and it's packed full of mature content that throws you from one emotional response to the next. Its storytelling is superb, its combat is grippingly refined, and its often unforgiving nature only lends itself to a brilliantly rewarding experience."

Full or marketing speech and praising to the skies. This is not really helpful. A more detailed and balanced review would be necessary.

I clicked on "not helpful" and I wonder - who is with me?

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_preorder

Such bad reviews help noone. Just clutter.
Trilarion: There is (actually are quite a bunch of) totally boring reviews on this site about Witcher 3:

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a thoughtful, diverse, and frequently awe-inspiring adventure. Its stories are deep and satisfying, unafraid to touch on themes of personal character, presenting players with choices and consequences that aren’t about turning into a hero or a villain. In the end, it’s quite simply one of the best RPGs ever made. Its shockingly cohesive world is as beautiful as it is demanding, and it's packed full of mature content that throws you from one emotional response to the next. Its storytelling is superb, its combat is grippingly refined, and its often unforgiving nature only lends itself to a brilliantly rewarding experience."

Full or marketing speech and praising to the skies. This is not really helpful. A more detailed and balanced review would be necessary.

I clicked on "not helpful" and I wonder - who is with me?

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_preorder

Such bad reviews help noone. Just clutter.
I wholeheartedly concur and wonder why ppl feel the urge to review an alleged 100h+ game after a couple of minutes. Basically all they seem to be saying is "it's the best game in the world. It looks great".
Besides, gog still doesn't even offer a simple edit option for reviews...
So does Geralt bang Ciri in this?
Crosmando: So does Geralt bang Ciri in this?
You know, I've been wondering about the same. What a love quadrangle it would make with Ciri, Triss and Yennefer...
ForgetDeny: ... yeah, they're having a big sales push for their new flagship product. Fairly standard commercial practice, so ... get over it?
Centre/mousewheel button for your crossbow my good sir. Hold it down while aiming, then release to fire.
Tried that after seeing it in the keyboard/controller config options but middle mouse button is doing nothing for me so far. It'd sure be handy though.
ForgetDeny: ... yeah, they're having a big sales push for their new flagship product. Fairly standard commercial practice, so ... get over it?
skeletonbow: Tried that after seeing it in the keyboard/controller config options but middle mouse button is doing nothing for me so far. It'd sure be handy though.
In order to get Bombs, Crossbow or even the lamp later on to work you have to use the TAB key to select the item in the lower quickslots to place in a pocket, your sighs are at the top. Once the item has been selected you can then use your middle mouse button hold an aim for crossbow and bombs and release to fire. Once you aquire the lamp select it using the Tab key and then hit middle mouse button once and he will carry it around and hit it again to put it away.

Needs better instructions the tutorial doesn't fully explain this properly.

Hope this helps!

An I finally figured out why Geralt's horse is name Roach after Vernon Roach in TW2 hehe.