It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Dzonis: Hey, is this game even out now? Today I got like 3 "there is less than hour till launch" but newer got it to start. Even right now. I press "PLAY" (on galaxy) and nothing happens...have I missed something?
Do you have autoupdates on? Because it needed some patch to actually start. If so, try restarting galaxy.
Antimateria, yeah. Got my 1.01 update. Anyway. I'm a little sad that i didn't have a chance to play it today, but it's good that it's evening and I have a chance to go read a book or go to sleep. Maybe next day will be better one :)

upd: also installed both dlc's
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Dzonis
ashaira: Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
Tarnicus: "Developers lied about exploration too. Remember when they said "If you see it, you can go there"? Well... You can't. "No invisible walls" ring a bell? False too. Whilst they're not invisible walls, if you stray too far from the enclosed map, you get a warning that you've "reach the world's end" and must "turn back". If you fail to turn back, the map opens up and you must fast travel somewhere." From this review on Steam, which like many informative negative reviews are getting down-voted.

Edit: Don't mention the graphics on the official forums or else... :P

"Likewise, any questions regarding alleged graphic 'downgrading' in the game will not be entertained. It is CD Projekt RED's present standing policy to treat this subject as a rumour without creditable sources, and, as such, will not respond to the topic. Any such questions posted here will be ignored, and all attempts to open a thread regarding the question will be locked and removed by the moderators of the Forums. " From the sticky FAQ on TW3 forums.
Sorry but to me and others that's not a good enough answer to the fans, we just wanted to know if there was a downgrade in visual quality and whether or not CDPR would give PC an upscaled version "IF" it was ever proven that a downgrade "DID" occur (not saying it did...but CDPR had never fully clarified the issue one way or the other)

CDPR seem to regard this as some kind of attack on the game, it's not, us fans want the absolute best from Witcher 3 and we know PC can visually perform better than on consoles which are fixed in their specs, I'm not saying me and others would demand a refund because we felt "cheated" if a downgade occured, but I would certainly expect them to explain themselves and/or provide an upscaled patch to bring the quality back.

To me the game looks fine and I DON'T think a downgrade occured, but others have a different view on the matter, that's all I'm saying ok
Dzonis: Antimateria, yeah. Got my 1.01 update. Anyway. I'm a little sad that i didn't have a chance to play it today, but it's good that it's evening and I have a chance to go read a book or go to sleep. Maybe next day will be better one :)

upd: also installed both dlc's
Hopefully. =)

My witcher 3 main screen says version to be 1.02
DracoChronicles: And a few minutes into the game - it is apparent that it has some huge basic flaws:

I am unable to remap basic movement keys!

I am a leftie, and it is vital for my (and other lefites) gameplay experienece to be able to remap basic movement keys that you use all the time.
Support tells me I am stupid, and should use external program like AutoKeyMap and the like.... For basic movement keys? Unheard of! And frankly highly unprofessional.
andreiv72: I am an Evil leftie as well also vegetarian. Ended up using the 360 control pad.

But what a sweet looking game
This place must be a hang-out for evil leftie vegos :D

A thread on Steam for remapping keys through the input_querty.ini file
Congrats on the release, now if I only had a machine strong enough to play it....
Well, that certainely was the most beautiful sunset-between-stormclouds-while-winding-and-raining I have ever seen in a game. It also was 5 minutes of doing absolutely nothing but staring at my screen in awe.

But damn, that game is demanding. Can't even think about turning on Surround. Got it smooth on one screen now, but had to turn down Foilage Distance to Medium and turn off that (IMO pretty useless) HairThing and AA (2 Titans @ 2560x1600, they start to show their age, I guess).

Sadly the trees and that grass are pretty distracting sometimes. Looks more like painted paper than real plants in the wind.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by kklsid
Really enjoying the game so far. Beautiful world, beautiful gameplay, beautiful character realisation. I do unfortunately get regular crashes when using the inventory screen. Hopefully it will be fixed in an early patch!

Also, both the Witcher and the Witcher 2 got visual upgrades for free in their enhanced edition guys. Give this downgrading crap a rest, the game looks beautiful.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by ForgetDeny
so little comments... everybody must be playing the game now :D including me! :D

congratulations to the release, it's really great so far (altough I'm a bit worried that an enhanced version will come soon and that I should wait... but can't :D
My TW3 experience so far (on a few years old ASUS G75VW laptop (Intel i7 something, Geforce GTX 670M, 8GB RAM etc.; I think it is well below even the minimum requirements? At least for the GPU.)):

- Downloaded the installer files at my workplace with the GOG Downloader client. They downloaded briskly at around 13Mbytes/sec, during my lunch. Copied it into an external USB 2.5" hard drive.

- Installed the game at home to the ASUS (directly from the USB HDD), including the patch and the two free DLCs. Installation went fine without a hitch. I didn't use Galaxy for anything, I even uninstalled it beforehand just in case (just to confirm the installer version works fully fine without Galaxy).

- First ran the game at 1920x1080 resolution with pretty much all settings at high, some effects disabled though (motion blur etc.), Hairworks enabled for all. I think it ran at 10 fps or less, so obviously too slow to be playable. Looked great though.

- Lowered the resolution to 1366x768, and set pretty much everything to medium settings, disabled Hairworks. Hey, I think I could actually see myself playing it like this! Smooth enough, still looked pretty good etc. Quite unexpected, I wasn't expecting it to be playable. Then again, I only played most of the tutorial and then the first real fight (in which I died), not sure how much more taxing scenes there will be later in the game.

I had to stop playing there as I haven't properly yet played the first two games, not to spoil too much (Ciri who???).

So what can I say? I didn't see issues, works fine, and I might even be able to play it pretty nicely on my current rig. Positive findings overall.

Ps. Is there an ingame framerate counter? I'd like to confirm what kind of FPS I am getting.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by timppu
kklsid: Sadly the trees and that grass are pretty distracting sometimes. Looks more like painted paper than real plants in the wind.
IMHO, the trees and grass in TW2 looks better. The skin textures are very lifelike though. Maybe they'll release a patch later on for the trees and grass.
it's good
I guess I would consider my self to be one of the lucky few. Got the game downloaded along with its patch and dlc, so far the game looks decent and runs just fine. I will say this, I thought I would only be able to run the game on high graphic detail but ultra seems to be just fine and maintain a steady 60fps. For those who are curious my system setup is as follows.
CPU- AMD 8350 eight core 4 GHz
Ram- 16gb ddr3
Video- PNY NVIDIA 770 gtx 4gb ddr5
HDD- 3TB
Getting good, smooth, visually splendid performance with a compromise between medium and high settings on:

CPU- AMD FX6100 3.3ghz
RAM- 16gb ddr3
GFX- AMD R9 270x 2gb
Win7 Pro 64bit
Galaxy install

I do however, get semi-regular hangups in the inventory screen.
Not working at all for me.

P II-350
NVIDIA Riva TNT
Orchid Righteous 3dfx (no really it still works and everything)
3.2 G HD (IDE)
Some amount of EDO RAM
Win 98/DOS dual boot.

My mate says i need to upgrade.

Of course i'm only joking...i don't really have any mates. The PC is quite real though. I think i'll just wait for two years for TW3 to be given away on Xbox Live or PSN. No, now i'm not joking.