It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Played the game a whole 10 minutes before official release! Woohoo!

Witcher 3 is truly awesome. I'm only 1 hour in. Got it free with my GFX card.

There has been a lot of work put in to this game and it shows.

Toggling run/walk with Left-Ctrl makes him less 'skippy'.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Meat5000
Enjoying it so far. Still runs really well on medium with my dual GTX 560Ms.
gibbeynator: When I visit the main page, the site isn't listing the game as "Owned" for me. Anyone else have that problem?
Fictionvision: Same for me. I figured its because I used an nvidia promo code to get the game.
Yeah, that's where my copy came from. I hope it's just a site glitch that will be corrected.
This remind me that I should finally get new Windows...

I heard some1 was able to run it on e5200 3,5GHz and HD7770 and it was playable, looks bad but still, I'm surprised. :)
Meat5000: Played the game a whole 10 minutes before official release! Woohoo!
Witcher 3 is truly awesome. I'm only 1 hour in. Got it free with my GFX card.
There has been a lot of work put in to this game and it shows.
Toggling run/walk with Left-Ctrl makes him less 'skippy'.
Agreed to all. The game is absolutely mind numbingly gorgeous beyond all of my expectations and blows away any other released game I've personally seen to date. What blows me away is that while the system requirements seemed a bit high now that I've tried it on below-spec hardware and got awesome results it is clear to me that the minimum requirements listed are way too high and may cause people to not buy the game who could play it easily. I'm guessing that they decided to set both the minimum and recommended specs using HIGH and ULTRA, but the game is mind blowing on LOW and MEDIUM also and it will run on older hardware much better with reduced settings and unless you're purposefully looking for it you can't really tell a lot of difference because it looks amazing on the lowest settings.

The game really should label the quality levels: HIGH / ULTRA / SUPREME / HOLY FUCK
Today: Celebration
Tomorrow: Working on patches
Next week: Working on new projects

:)
skeletonbow: Agreed to all. The game is absolutely mind numbingly gorgeous beyond all of my expectations and blows away any other released game I've personally seen to date. What blows me away is that while the system requirements seemed a bit high now that I've tried it on below-spec hardware and got awesome results it is clear to me that the minimum requirements listed are way too high and may cause people to not buy the game who could play it easily. I'm guessing that they decided to set both the minimum and recommended specs using HIGH and ULTRA, but the game is mind blowing on LOW and MEDIUM also and it will run on older hardware much better with reduced settings and unless you're purposefully looking for it you can't really tell a lot of difference because it looks amazing on the lowest settings.

The game really should label the quality levels: HIGH / ULTRA / SUPREME / HOLY FUCK
Blasphemy! Burn the heretic! The downgrade cult is after you!
Post edited May 19, 2015 by zambrey
I wanted to say I like GOG Galaxy so far I pre Downloaded Witcher 3 the day I got notice we could and 2 hours before game launched it updated on it's own with no prodding from me, kept it running on my taskbar so it could. So far I'm liking GOG Galaxy and with the launch of Witcher 3 everything on my system is running pretty smooth I have a 5 year old system thats not having any difficulty's running the game.

Great Job CD PROJEKT RED Double Thumbs up!!
And now the real wait begins. Waiting for me to get around to buying a good graphics card so I can play this.

Oh well no 0 day bugs for me and I'll be able to have my normal lack of sleep rather than extreme lack of sleep playing the game when I have to get up early for work. :)
I started the Install (Download? whatever the Galaxy client does) process in the morning, so I'll see tonight when I come back if the game is ready for me to play ;)
Meanwhile, Dju is sitting on a bench in an otherwise empty street.

Over his bench is an old neon sign blinking erractically. It says "People waiting for a proper boxed copy".

Dju looks at his Witcher Platinum Edition and his Witcher 2 Premium Edition boxes. He sighs and wonders if he's not too old for this shit.
ashaira: optimizations? a 960 from nvidia is getting better fps than a 780 or titan (original). I would not call that good optimization. And what happened to the 2013 trailer where they said Yeah a high end PC today can def run this.
The 9xx series cards perform tessellation at over 3x the speed of the 7xx series according to nVidia, so is it really surprising that the game performs better with one? Nope - Tessellation is used extensively for things like HairWorks, in addition hairworks also uses MSAA on the hair so is going to be extremely demanding with those two things combined.

I have a Core i7 930, 12 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD & GTX 760 2GB - I'm playing at 1080p with everything set to high except Foliage Visibility Range which is set to Medium and HairWorks is off. Been working just fine for me and looks great.

You want to talk about poorly optimised games? I can't even play assassin's creed unity at 30 FPS with reasonable graphics settings.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by BTCentral
Played a bit this morning before work.

Gwynt (the card game) is quite impressive for a mini game. Failed the tutorial game but see where is my problem. Also the best thing is the deck building tool. Even the console/pc game Magic The Gathering didn't have it the last time i played it (probably the 2013 version) and it's a game dedicated to cards not a card game within another game.

I'll miss a bit the dice poker, but not much when i see that.

Wind effect on trees is over exagerated.

Faces are amazing.

A little surprised that my pc configuration can get to Ultra (with Hairworks enabled but with chromatic aberration disabled)

Now i've to do a proper witcher 2 savegame, i don't know if i'll redo witcher 1 too to refresh my memories or just reload my last savegame and read again the log about characters and the plot.

Quite strange that i remember witcher 1 story more easily than witcher 2.

Anyway. For now you did a great job, let's see if it's still the case at the end of witcher 3. Until, go work on Cyberpunk 2077.
Congratulations CD Projekt RED for awesome release! The Collector's Edition is really magnificent!

Also, if anyone is interested send me a message since I have a GOG key license from the physical CE and I've also pre-ordered the game here at GOG so I don't need the license. I'll sell it for a reasonable price :)
ashaira: Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
"Developers lied about exploration too. Remember when they said "If you see it, you can go there"? Well... You can't. "No invisible walls" ring a bell? False too. Whilst they're not invisible walls, if you stray too far from the enclosed map, you get a warning that you've "reach the world's end" and must "turn back". If you fail to turn back, the map opens up and you must fast travel somewhere." From this review on Steam, which like many informative negative reviews are getting down-voted.

Edit: Don't mention the graphics on the official forums or else... :P

"Likewise, any questions regarding alleged graphic 'downgrading' in the game will not be entertained. It is CD Projekt RED's present standing policy to treat this subject as a rumour without creditable sources, and, as such, will not respond to the topic. Any such questions posted here will be ignored, and all attempts to open a thread regarding the question will be locked and removed by the moderators of the Forums. " From the sticky FAQ on TW3 forums.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Tarnicus