It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
ashaira: Guess the 2013 graphics really aren't there in the release version. Sorry CDPR. This is not about graphics but you flat out lied and refused to explain properly or apologize. You were the one dev we praised above anyone else and you let us down. Bargain binning this. Clean up your act and maybe then we'll talk full price.
Tarnicus: "Developers lied about exploration too. Remember when they said "If you see it, you can go there"? Well... You can't. "No invisible walls" ring a bell? False too. Whilst they're not invisible walls, if you stray too far from the enclosed map, you get a warning that you've "reach the world's end" and must "turn back". If you fail to turn back, the map opens up and you must fast travel somewhere." From this review on Steam, which like many informative negative reviews are getting down-voted.

Edit: Don't mention the graphics on the official forums or else... :P

"Likewise, any questions regarding alleged graphic 'downgrading' in the game will not be entertained. It is CD Projekt RED's present standing policy to treat this subject as a rumour without creditable sources, and, as such, will not respond to the topic. Any such questions posted here will be ignored, and all attempts to open a thread regarding the question will be locked and removed by the moderators of the Forums. " From the sticky FAQ on TW3 forums.
People still think what game makers say years before release is FACT about how the finished product will be?
But ya getting the you reach end of map message is something I really did not like seeing. From thinking I had a huge world to explore I suddenly felt boxed into a small square. Not explored enough yet to know how bad it is but in the end the few flaws don't tarnish what seem to be the game of the year all that much.

Oh yeah I did not get screwed over by the post office for once, got my CE today!
Post edited May 19, 2015 by six-
six-: People still think what game makers say years before release is FACT about how the finished product will be?
But ya getting the you reach end of map message is something I really did not like seeing. From thinking I had a huge world to explore I suddenly felt boxed into a small square. Not explored enough yet to know how bad it is but in the end the few flaws don't tarnish what seem to be the game of the year all that much.
That is reassuring to hear :) Once i finish the first two and the game gets some patch loving, I'm sure I'll buy it on sale some day!
MichiGen: Also, if anyone is interested send me a message since I have a GOG key license from the physical CE and I've also pre-ordered the game here at GOG so I don't need the license. I'll sell it for a reasonable price :)
Key selling isn't allowed here, by the word of JudasIscariot.
If you're interested in trading the key for other games, you could always try putting an ad up in the trading thread.
MichiGen: Congratulations CD Projekt RED for awesome release! The Collector's Edition is really magnificent!

Also, if anyone is interested send me a message since I have a GOG key license from the physical CE and I've also pre-ordered the game here at GOG so I don't need the license. I'll sell it for a reasonable price :)
Please do not sell keys. Thank you.
MichiGen: Congratulations CD Projekt RED for awesome release! The Collector's Edition is really magnificent!

Also, if anyone is interested send me a message since I have a GOG key license from the physical CE and I've also pre-ordered the game here at GOG so I don't need the license. I'll sell it for a reasonable price :)
JudasIscariot: Please do not sell keys. Thank you.
Smack down!

JudasIscariot: Please do not sell keys. Thank you.
Thanks for the warning, and sorry for trouble ;)
This Game is simply B E A utiful!!!!

Just spent two hours just riding around.
Very clever to set the start of the journey in the sunset btw. ;-)

High/Ultra? I f**king don't care. I can barely identify differences.

I'm running a gtx 780 ti in 1920/1080 and everything so far is very smooth.

I have to keep up with the books and at least TW2 though...

But the pure Joy of having it and be able to launch ist anytime.... :-)))))
And a few minutes into the game - it is apparent that it has some huge basic flaws:

I am unable to remap basic movement keys!

I am a leftie, and it is vital for my (and other lefites) gameplay experienece to be able to remap basic movement keys that you use all the time.
Support tells me I am stupid, and should use external program like AutoKeyMap and the like.... For basic movement keys? Unheard of! And frankly highly unprofessional.
Well, it's official. I bought myself a shiny new slide show! :-p

Even with everything set at it's lowest, there's still a massive lag between the animations and the voices and the mouse is rather difficult to control but, hey, I kind of had an idea this would be the case! Actually, I'm surprised it RAN even at the lowest settings. (And just from the first 10 minutes in LQ I think I've fallen in lust, oops, I mean in love with Geralt!) ;-)

My laptop has a 2Gb graphics card but it's nearly 3 years old (GeForce GT650M) so now I have an excuse to look at a new beast of a machine to go with my game! ;-)

Congrats CDPR. I may only have seen a small part of the game in the lowest possible quality, but I can tell that you've released an awesome game!
Post edited May 19, 2015 by LynetteC
DracoChronicles: And a few minutes into the game - it is apparent that it has some huge basic flaws:

I am unable to remap basic movement keys!

I am a leftie, and it is vital for my (and other lefites) gameplay experienece to be able to remap basic movement keys that you use all the time.
Support tells me I am stupid, and should use external program like AutoKeyMap and the like.... For basic movement keys? Unheard of! And frankly highly unprofessional.
I am an Evil leftie as well also vegetarian. Ended up using the 360 control pad.

But what a sweet looking game
DracoChronicles: I am a leftie, and it is vital for my (and other lefites) gameplay experienece to be able to remap basic movement keys that you use all the time.
Arrow keys work for me, not just wasd.

But I agree, people should have the option to choose more freely, also I can't bind enter.

Edit: atleast this game has walk toggle already, it took bioware few months to apply walking to keyboard. =D
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Antimateria
GOG.com: It is May 19th.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, one of the most anticipated, truly next-generation RPGs, is available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's May 19th (in Poland that is). Finally. And we couldn't be more proud of our friends at CD PROJEKT RED for delivering one of the biggest, baddest RPGs in the history of gaming. It feels like we've said it all about <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> in the past few months, so we're just going to go ahead and play now... It's kind of hard to type and hunt monsters anyway.

Join us on <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/GOGcom</span> right at launch for the release stream with GOG.com's Judas Iscariot! Following that, we have a 10-hour marathon with Vlad (at 6am GMT / 2am EDT / 11pm PDT) and later discover more of the game each week (starting today at 4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT), as we showcase the three paths (and love stories) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: The Warrior's Path with GOG.com's Ada, The Alchemist's Path with GOG.com's Donis, and The Signcaster's Path with our favourite Outstar.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> takes full advantage of the stats, achievements, and auto-update features in GOG Galaxy - it's a great time to download the Beta and try it all out yourself!

No more words. Only play. It's <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
THE GAME CRASHES TOO DAMN MUCH !!! It is unplayable 10 min play and crash !!
Hey, is this game even out now? Today I got like 3 "there is less than hour till launch" but newer got it to start. Even right now. I press "PLAY" (on galaxy) and nothing happens...have I missed something?

upd: ok. I just looked in event log and there is error event (id 1000) for every time I tried to launch it. It seems it just crashes. And If I look in process manager, witcher3.exe pops up for a sec. Oh well...
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Dzonis
Congratz on the release!
Dzonis: Hey, is this game even out now? Today I got like 3 "there is less than hour till launch" but newer got it to start. Even right now. I press "PLAY" (on galaxy) and nothing happens...have I missed something?
The same issue here