It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going postal.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support exclusively on GOG Galaxy, plus GOG Galaxy achievements.

<span class="bold">Fallout: New Vegas</span>, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
gandalfnho: Nice, never expected to see New Vegas here, being originally a Steamworks title...
BKGaming: What would that have to do with it? There at quite a few former steamworks titles here... steamworks is practically the most easiest DRM of all to remove (assuming it uses steamworks for DRM of course).
From other companys yes. But all Beth titles so far had been released as independent normal PC games before. FO:NV AFAIK is the first (or at least of these here most well known) Beth game released here which was previously a Steam exclusive only.
gandalfnho: Nice, never expected to see New Vegas here, being originally a Steamworks title...
I also wonder how that worked:

- look, we don't really need Steamworks (for anything important)
- look, Galaxy can do the same stuff than Steamworks
- okay, let's get to work and remove Steamworks and if it takes all our life long

Is there something that won't work, compared to the Steamworks version?
Post edited June 02, 2017 by Trilarion
lonewolfgk: ... I am not going to buy this again. I own all 3 on Steam and actually also own all 3 on disc versions as well.
Trilarion: Why do you even think about buying this again? I'm confused. Are your disc or Steam versions not good enough?
I have the disc and the steam version and still got it again on here. Because the DRM-free version is worth it.
Trilarion: Why do you even think about buying this again? I'm confused. Are your disc or Steam versions not good enough?
M4xw0lf: I have the disc and the steam version and still got it again on here. Because the DRM-free version is worth it.
isn't disc version is steam.
FO3 was gfwl but NV released just for steam and it had steam key.
Is it possible to turn off the kill cam and the slow motion effects ?
Siegor: Can a blue please clarify if it works on Windows 7? My old copy started crashing after the main menu ever since I upgraded from xp to 7.
Klumpen0815: Can a blue please clarify if the original WinXP support was broken or just not officially given anymore?
I've contacted GOG support about XP (32bits on Windows), this is their answer : "We no longer perform compatibility tests for Windows XP and Vista, so I'm unable to guarantee that the game will work correctly on Windows XP as it was not tested."

Compatibility was not tested but might work...

I need a more definitive answer before buying it.
Since it works fine on Linux, you can always squeeze off a part of your hard disk to make a Linux installation on and multi-boot. It has the added benefit of making many games work that would not otherwise work on your Windows version unless we are talking about new games that use DirectX11/DX12 but even there the progress in Wine is rapidly making DX11 games start to behave now.
Skysect: I have both Steam and GOG version . Steam version's launcher working as intended when I click to the OPTIONS . But GOG version's launcher not responding . And even can't see options .
Thiev: you can't have both, because launcher reads game path from registry. One overwrites the other.
Please check your PM :)
Nice!

I consider especially this as an importart release for GOG, since this is one game many pro-Steamers here claimed would NEVER EVER LIKE EVER! come to GOG, because it is soooooooooo Steamworks-integrated that it is simply impossible to release it without Steamworks.

Yeah, right... ;^P

This release makes it all that much probable that Skyrim will appear on GOG too at some point. I guess I won't be buying it on Steam after all.
Post edited June 02, 2017 by timppu
Yes...the best Fallout game is on GoG now....
Thank you! I love this game too!
DF1871: Yes...the best Fallout game is on GoG now....
Yep. Fallout II has been here for years. :P
GOG.com: Going postal.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support exclusively on GOG Galaxy, plus GOG Galaxy achievements.

<span class="bold">Fallout: New Vegas</span>, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

The 50% discount will last until June 6, 1PM UTC.
Plus, don't forget to check out the rest of our <span class="bold">Bethesda deals</span>, including Morrowind and Fallout 1 & 2 for -75%.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Stay tuned for our upcoming Mod Spotlight.

Watch the trailer.
Awesome! One little question :) Will you add this game to GOG Connect in the future? That would be awesome :D
Post edited June 02, 2017 by kameyo
anothername: From other companys yes. But all Beth titles so far had been released as independent normal PC games before. FO:NV AFAIK is the first (or at least of these here most well known) Beth game released here which was previously a Steam exclusive only.
Yes but again I was referring to "what steamworks had to do with it"? Regardless of Beth, steamworks doesn't prevent a game from coming to GOG. Also we got some Beth digital exclusives too, still don't see Redguard, etc. on Steam. :P
anothername: From other companys yes. But all Beth titles so far had been released as independent normal PC games before. FO:NV AFAIK is the first (or at least of these here most well known) Beth game released here which was previously a Steam exclusive only.
BKGaming: Yes but again I was referring to "what steamworks had to do with it"? Regardless of Beth, steamworks doesn't prevent a game from coming to GOG. Also we got some Beth digital exclusives too, still don't see Redguard, etc. on Steam. :P
Its an identifying element of a (in that case former) steam exclusive which helps most people immediately recognize the context of the sentence its used in. I'll go so far to assume that even you knew immediately what it was about but decided its more fun to poke gandalfnho a bit :P

And while it might be true that Redguard is a digital exclusive here it never was an exclusive anywhere in general (besides PC). Also... ehh... weighting Redguard against New Vegas? Unfair; IIRC it did not even had big popularity in its prime. :)