It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going postal.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support exclusively on GOG Galaxy, plus GOG Galaxy achievements.

<span class="bold">Fallout: New Vegas</span>, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
Siegor: Can a blue please clarify if it works on Windows 7? My old copy started crashing after the main menu ever since I upgraded from xp to 7.
Can a blue please clarify if the original WinXP support was broken or just not officially given anymore?
Siegor: Can a blue please clarify if it works on Windows 7? My old copy started crashing after the main menu ever since I upgraded from xp to 7.
I don't see why it wouldn't. The Steam version worked just fine (and even heavily modded) on my Win7 rig.
markrichardb: Standard Obsidian rules apply. Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, New Vegas. Every time Obsidian make a sequel to someone else's RPG it ends up outshining its predecessor.

Well, from a world-building and story standpoint, stability is another issue. All those games were stuffed with bugs!
Technically Fallout is Obsdian's RPG. Since a lot of their staff are former Black Isle employees.

But yes plenty of bugs lol.
Steam store page says XP is supported.
markrichardb: Well, from a world-building and story standpoint, stability is another issue. All those games were stuffed with bugs!
GR00T: I know KotOR 2 and NWN2 were extremely buggy on release, but was New Vegas really that bad? I mean, any worse than most other game releases from other companies? Sometimes it seems that Obsidian's reputation for bugginess overshadows the actual reality.
At the time it was almost unplayable, but that was by 2010 standards. Now that online functionality is mandatory even to consoles, the 'eh, patch it later' mentality has flourished throughout the industry. Today the rocky release of New Vegas would be fairly normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Finally! Thank you, GOG! :D
My original CE was getting dust on the shelf, it was about time !
I was a bit hestitant to get it today though.

You know what got me ?
Home on the wastes. One of my favorite video game songs. Thanks Mr Sawyer.

And thanks everyone involved!

Wallet: "eh thanks for nothing"
I never thought I'd say that again, but yeah, Instabuy!
haydenaurion: [...]
Thiev: They could not be included by default.
Ah, good to know. Thanks!
sniff thank you gog for new game bethesda and neogeo.2 big release in a week very good job.
fronzelneekburm: I'm kinda surprised this came here before Doom 3 and Quake 4, but I'll gladly take it either way. Can't wait to finally play this after hearing a lot of good things about it. Thanks for this Steam-free premiere!
DrearierSpider: Heretic and Hexen are still the most puzzling absentees for me. Especially considering games that old tend to go completely unnoticed on Steam, bringing them here seem like a great way to get more eyeballs on them. Hopefully one day.
Raven Software owns the rights to Hexen and Heretic, so ask them...............
The games use the Doom engine, but ownership was always different then ownership for Doom. Raven/GT simply purchased a licence to use the Doom engine from ID. Bethsads did not acquire them when they bought the Doom franchise. But since they avaialbe on Steam, you ask a doog question. Ask Raven about it....
DrearierSpider: Heretic and Hexen are still the most puzzling absentees for me. Especially considering games that old tend to go completely unnoticed on Steam, bringing them here seem like a great way to get more eyeballs on them. Hopefully one day.
dudalb: Raven Software owns the rights to Hexen and Heretic, so ask them...............
The games use the Doom engine, but ownership was always different then ownership for Doom. Raven/GT simply purchased a licence to use the Doom engine from ID. Bethsads did not acquire them when they bought the Doom franchise. But since they avaialbe on Steam, you ask a doog question. Ask Raven about it....
Thanks for the info! Their Steam pages lists id Software as the publisher, so I assumed they were still under Bethesda's control since they're id's parent company.
Did you remember to DELETE the cfg files when playing on win7 did you upgrade or do a full re-install?
OMG, finally, here, take my money!
haydenaurion: [...]
Thiev: They could not be included by default.
So other than getting rid of the DRM these are the basic versions?

Great stuff, btw. :)