It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going postal.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support exclusively on GOG Galaxy, plus GOG Galaxy achievements.

<span class="bold">Fallout: New Vegas</span>, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
Gerin: What a world we live in, where 2008 is considered old.
It's from 2010. Fallout 3 is from 2008.

Edit:Also this edition includes content that the Steam edition does not include, not without charging extra. Am I right?
Really? Like what? The Ultimate Edition will all DLCs is also available on Steam. I don't see any difference, content-wise.
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Pherim
My reaction to the news, in a nutshell.
Thanks GOG!
Vythonaut: If someone only has the required free time to play NV once, what mods would you recommend? Not looking for stuff that makes graphics prettier or more weapon models; i'd be more interested in mods/patches that are absolutely essential (for example if they can remove/repair/enhance any bad aspects the game may have) even for a first playthrough. You know, it's an Obsidian game after all and that means bugs, right?
Here you go, couple of pics with my mod list for you. You can try Dust Survival Simulator if you like, but you have to be a masochist.

Have a look at the list & then see on Nexus mods if that is the one for you or not, I do recommend classic fallout weapons for New Vegas.
Attachments:
Well played gog, well played. Bought all 3.
If this week is a ramp up to gog's summer sale, i should shred my credit card to prevent further damage to my bank account.
I'm crying. :')
It happened: Morrowind with 75% discount. :D

Seriously, outstanding... groundbreaking releases! Thank you GOG and Bethesda. O7
Great job! \o/
vsr: It happened: Morrowind with 75% discount. :D
Yes, I too could not resist, even though I already have three versions of it. ;D
I saw it when I was returning from work.

Instabought it.

Nuff said :)

Really glad that this game came to GOG , DRM free, another one reason to support the platform!
Ok, I tried it with New Vegas, the only one I can't get DRM-free anywhere else.

It does install just fine but won't start in WinXP.
I get the following message when trying to run it:

QueryFullProcessImageNameA in DLL "Kernel32.dll" not found
Well, shit...
GOG may have broken something.

Now trying via WINE...
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Klumpen0815
fr33kSh0w2012: Did you remember to DELETE the cfg files when playing on win7 did you upgrade or do a full re-install?
Siegor: I think it was re-install but can't be sure since I took it to a tech store.
The boxed version of New Vegas worked fine for me in Win 7/8/8.1/10 using Steam. It supported 7 at launch, because 7 was already released. Not sure why you would have had issues with it, unless it was related to the Visual C+ libraries or other redistributibles (Not sure which ones were included, I haven't installed outside of Steam in a very long time)

But yes, to summarize: New Vegas has out of the box support for Windows 7, so on GOG it should already be included.
Don't bet against DRM-free!

Thanks Bethesda & GOG!
Kunovski: just tell me my saves from steam version can be transfered here and I'm bought :)
Thiev: As long as the same plugin / mod order is used, you should be fine.
I have both Steam and GOG version . Steam version's launcher working as intended when I click to the OPTIONS . But GOG version's launcher not responding . And even can't see options .
Thiev: As long as the same plugin / mod order is used, you should be fine.
Skysect: I have both Steam and GOG version . Steam version's launcher working as intended when I click to the OPTIONS . But GOG version's launcher not responding . And even can't see options .
I don't know if it is a good idea to have both installed at the same time. GOG's version may be DRM free, but I don't know if it is completely self-contained, at least if it works like Oblivion and Fallout 3, which place configuration files in the Documents folder. It is possible that both versions will try to access the same ones and this could be bad.
Awesome Gog thanks for bringing them here.
Skysect: I have both Steam and GOG version . Steam version's launcher working as intended when I click to the OPTIONS . But GOG version's launcher not responding . And even can't see options .
you can't have both, because launcher reads game path from registry. One overwrites the other.