It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going postal.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support exclusively on GOG Galaxy, plus GOG Galaxy achievements.

<span class="bold">Fallout: New Vegas</span>, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
Cheers!

I have never played this game due to Steam only release...

Thank you for bringing it here. Wishlisting it for now.

Hope to see more newer gems like this soon!

Thank you GOG!
I just saw New Vegas has achievements, thanks for this GOG-y! <3
Wishlisted.
I think it's cool that gog released a good old game.
What a world we live in, where 2008 is considered old.

Edit:Also this edition includes content that the Steam edition does not include, not without charging extra. Am I right?
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Gerin
If someone only has the required free time to play NV once, what mods would you recommend? Not looking for stuff that makes graphics prettier or more weapon models; i'd be more interested in mods/patches that are absolutely essential (for example if they can remove/repair/enhance any bad aspects the game may have) even for a first playthrough. You know, it's an Obsidian game after all and that means bugs, right?
Siegor: Can a blue please clarify if it works on Windows 7? My old copy started crashing after the main menu ever since I upgraded from xp to 7.
fr33kSh0w2012: Did you remember to DELETE the cfg files when playing on win7 did you upgrade or do a full re-install?
I think it was re-install but can't be sure since I took it to a tech store.
I certainly have north of 500 ours in this game... but what the hell, bought it anyways.
I did not have any hard CTDs in New Vegas for 100+ hours of the Ultimate Edition on Steam, just minor clipping bugs, maybe some obscure quest bug that made no difference to progression. I thought the consoles were problematic because of memory limitations?
Post edited June 01, 2017 by H2IWclassic
F : NV was the game which introduced me to Steam. Nice to see its drm-free release.
I can FINALLY play this without Steam!!!!!! You guys have no idea how long I've waited for this (you could guess though, since this came out in 2010, so about 7 years actually)! I had pre-ordered New Vegas as soon as it was announced, the Collector's Edition too, since I liked the idea of a physical copy that could retain its value and be resold at some point (what a crazy idea, but its true, all games used to be like that and if you didn't like it you could sell it and get some of your money back, hard to believe not, we turn our money in bits and send it off into the ether, then we get something that only exists in the ether that you can't hold or resell).

When the game arrived, I excitedly put the DVD into my PC, expecting to see an autorun setup or maybe some extra goodies, but instead my virginal PC was given an STD! That disc didn't install a game on my system, it installed Steam!!! Then I had to waste my precious bandwidth (only 1 Mbps at the time) to download the entire game from Steam's servers because of a Day 1 patch! My worldview shattered that very day. I became paranoid that I could no longer trust people. Everything I knew became wrong. GOG has finally taken the firsts steps to righting the world here. I may be able to heal after I burn a copy of the GOG version installer to a DVD, and place it neatly inside of Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition case, replacing the original useless Steam install disc which I shall shatter into a thousand pieces like the pieces of my sanity that were lost that day 7 years ago.
dudalb: Raven Software owns the rights to Hexen and Heretic, so ask them...............
The games use the Doom engine, but ownership was always different then ownership for Doom. Raven/GT simply purchased a licence to use the Doom engine from ID. Bethsads did not acquire them when they bought the Doom franchise. But since they avaialbe on Steam, you ask a doog question. Ask Raven about it....
DrearierSpider: Thanks for the info! Their Steam pages lists id Software as the publisher, so I assumed they were still under Bethesda's control since they're id's parent company.
You can't assume because a game company publishes a game that they own it. In a lot of cases,the publishing company is just releasing and distriubitng the game for a fee/cut of the sales,while another company retains the actual ownership. It happens a lot in the gaming industry.
Great release(s), GOG...we could expect something special around that 2000th game in the catalog. ;)
MaxFulvus: F : NV was the game which introduced me to Steam. Nice to see its drm-free release.
Same for me :)
Btw, I can't believe my account on here is only a year younger than F:NV... it seems like eons ago that I first played it.
Holy crap it happened!
BranjoHello: Great release(s), GOG...we could expect something special around that 2000th game in the catalog. ;)
2001: A DRM Free Odyssey
Unbelievable. I've been waiting for this one for a long time! Thanks GOG.