It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZamFear: I found this in a cave system I just started exploring.
What the heck is going on? The water is clearly flowing over the lava without converting it to obsidian o_O
This sort of thing happens when a chunk edge renders incorrectly or something. You can also find situations where a pillar of lava is flowing down into the sea without turning into stone, or the edge of the ocean is hanging over a cave entrance without flowing through, or whatever.

If you interfere with these things too much the game suddenly starts handling them correctly and the magic is lost.
On a side note, I've fallen in love with PainterlyPack. Not that I don't like Minecraft's default look, it's just...it looks so much better with bacon and humor added.
So tonight I was playing. Made a tweet about how i got out of my safe house and there was a creeper at my door. Then got a DM from a creeper bot that said sSSSSSSSSS. lol
OK guys, Emualynk just asked me to let you all know that the server is back online.

The server has been updated to the latest version and a new map will be spawned because the old one had some glitches on it.

We'll try and get an even going on the server this evening (don't know an exact hour but I'll post once I find out) so feel free to join us on mine.fuzz.me.uk
I would love coming to the server again, I recently started playing Minecraft again, but I have really missed the multiplayer part! I get connection errors to minecraft.net atm though and errors trying to join the server too :( Gonna check again tomorrow since Emualynk is afk on steam atm.
VirtualPenguin: I would love coming to the server again, I recently started playing Minecraft again, but I have really missed the multiplayer part! I get connection errors to minecraft.net atm though and errors trying to join the server too :( Gonna check again tomorrow since Emualynk is afk on steam atm.
Me being afk on steam doesn't mean i'm not actually on it.
Also minecraft.net is down, so no minecraft. :(
Post edited January 18, 2011 by Emualynk
Still, I tend to respect that most people go afk when they are afk or do not want to be disturbed :P
Ach, I think Notch and ToadyOne should join forces.
Zchinque: Ach, I think Notch and ToadyOne should join forces.
o.O
Emualynk: Me being afk on steam doesn't mean i'm not actually on it.
Well, there's always single player. ;) Fortunately Minecraft's offline mode always works, unlike Steam's.
Emualynk: Me being afk on steam doesn't mean i'm not actually on it.
Arkose: Well, there's always single player. ;) Fortunately Minecraft's offline mode always works, unlike Steam's.
Amen.

I've got a billion stacks of cobblestone from all the mining I'm doing. I should probably do something with all this. Build a castle or something. Anyone have ideas for a unique castle? I have miner's block. (hee, that's like a triple pun or something, a record).

edit: Hmm, never mind. I think I know what I'm going to do.
Post edited January 18, 2011 by Runehamster
I finally decided to try texture packs and mods yesterday. Zans' Minimap mod really makes exploration a lot more fun. But does someone know of a decent (easy to use/install) mod for the current version that allows time to be manipulated? As I tend to only play peaceful mode while exploring/building (single player) night time is pointless...
Zchinque: Ach, I think Notch and ToadyOne should join forces.
Runehamster: o.O
Hmmm?
Arkose: Well, there's always single player. ;) Fortunately Minecraft's offline mode always works, unlike Steam's.
Runehamster: Amen.

I've got a billion stacks of cobblestone from all the mining I'm doing. I should probably do something with all this. Build a castle or something. Anyone have ideas for a unique castle? I have miner's block. (hee, that's like a triple pun or something, a record).

edit: Hmm, never mind. I think I know what I'm going to do.
I like to smelt it back into solid stone and then build things with that.
bansama: But does someone know of a decent (easy to use/install) mod for the current version that allows time to be manipulated? As I tend to only play peaceful mode while exploring/building (single player) night time is pointless...
I remember using a mod just like that, where I could press a key and switch between night and day.
It exists, but I'll have to try to find it again.
Post edited January 18, 2011 by Tyler62092