It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free games take the center stage during the newly launched Summer Sale Festival on GOG.COM with game collections, flash deals, and discounts up to -90%.

We give you a full festival experience without leaving your computers. Main stage headliners feature games collections which are a perfect opportunity to grab some exceptional titles at high discounts, including:

Arctic Mages with The Banner Saga trilogy

Mechanical Brothers with Into the Breach, Hob, and >observer_

Alien Plant Farm with Stellaris, Surviving Mars, and Aven Colony

The Scary Family with Mafia trilogy

Masters of Bullets with Soldier of Fortune trilogy

The Indienerds with Tower of Time, Sundered, and Iconoclasts

Die Auslanders with 5 classic X-Com games

New games will enter the sale with an extra 24h flash deals starting with CHUCHEL Cherry Edition (-70%), Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (-80%), Inquisitor (-90%), Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (-50%), Shadows: Awakening (-70%), and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-30%). After the flash deal discount ends, these games will remain on sale at a lower discount.

Visit GOG.COM every day to check daily recommendations and mixes that will help you discover discounted games that share similar hits-inspired themes like "I'll be there for you", "Radioactive", "Panic! at the LAN party", and many more.

The sky is the limit as BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%) joins the DRM-free world in its steampunk glory. You can complete your Big Daddy collection with BioShock Remastered (-67%) and BioShock 2 Remastered (-67%) also on sale.

That's not all as GOG.COM's Summer Sale Festival has over 2000 deals for digital games!

Grab first ever discounts for re-released versions of the original Diablo (-10%) and Warcraft I & II Bundle (-10%). Other deals include titles like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (-70%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-40%), Katana ZERO (-20%), Weedcraft Inc (-25%), Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-50%), Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (-40%), BATTLETECH (-40%), Darksiders III (-50%), Frostpunk (-40%), We Happy Few (-40%), Return of the Obra Dinn (-10%), Theme Hospital (-75%), Crysis (-75%), and many, many more.

Summer Sale Festival lasts until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by inox
Has anyone tried StarCrawlers? Does the game have video options to set the texture quality? I checked the PCGamingWiki but it didn't have any info about this.
high rated
Beyond the Flash Deals, the only new addition is the Deluxe version Valhalla Hills: Two-Horned Helmet Edition (which is currently cheaper as the Base Game + the Upgrade until the Flash Deal expires).

All the Flash Deals today are new GoG All-Time Lows except This is the Police which merely matches the GoG Low Price.

Tomorrow, being a weekday, we might see more action...

More details about the games on sale can be found with lists sorted by title, discount, price, sale end date as well as a list of late additions to the sale...

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited June 02, 2019 by RWarehall
RWarehall: ...
Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!
Loger13: Where I live, selling Gift codes that expire is illegal.
i_hope_you_rot: Where do you live ?
I'm gonna guess Russia, so he's right about expiring gifts. The Supreme Court did us a solid for once.
Bought Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon yesterday, only need to get the 7 DLC: EU 15.54 at current sale
vv221: What you want to do looks a lot like what we provide with ./play.it, maybe you would like to have a look at it
Well, part of the idea came from our discussion in the /play.it thread. ;-)
I do intend on taking a look at how it works.
Thank you people for the input.

immi101: you can use innounp* to extract the setup script from InnoSetup. That will tell you all about the registry entries that the installer adds. Then convert that information into a .reg script for reg.exe or a .inf install script. Store that alongside the game data and you can set up a working wine prefix with a few lines of bash.
It still is a fair amount of work, just for the benefit of not running the installer.
Personally I mostly just stick to the lazy approach of running the installer, though I guess there might be some games where the new installers sucks badly enough that the whole endeavour might be worthwhile.
Hmm... What about running the installer directly into a Wine prefix? Do you know of any way to do so without needing input from the user?
Anyone play Galactic Civilizations III ?

I'm thinking about picking it up, but that amount of DLC is freaking insane. :/

Is the base game worth playing, or is it pointless without the DLC ?
Gede: Well, part of the idea came from our discussion in the /play.it thread. ;-)
I do intend on taking a look at how it works.
Oh right, I forgot that we already had a discussion about this.

If you're going to study ./play.it inner workings, feel free to ask for guidance in the dedicated thread here, on GOG forums ;)

Some of us are working on writing documentation right now, so knowing what's not intuitive would help a lot. And of course we need fresh eyes for that, because most of us have been working with it for so long that we can no longer see what could be counter-intuitive.
dav34: So am I missing something or am I required to rebuy items I already own just to get the bundle deal....

Just deleted 3 bundles from my cart because it doesnt factor individual already owned items. Will wait and probably buy them on Steam then when the inevitable sales hit sadly since their store does factor owned items, #sadface.
You can buy the collection/bundle games seperately in most cases individually/piecemeal & get a discount by clicking the game titles on the righthand side when a collection sale page is open.
I see someone's a Billie Eilish fan...DUH! =D

And is that Sailor Moon on the front page sales banner?
Gede: Thank you people for the input.

immi101: you can use innounp* to extract the setup script from InnoSetup. That will tell you all about the registry entries that the installer adds. Then convert that information into a .reg script for reg.exe or a .inf install script. Store that alongside the game data and you can set up a working wine prefix with a few lines of bash.
It still is a fair amount of work, just for the benefit of not running the installer.
Personally I mostly just stick to the lazy approach of running the installer, though I guess there might be some games where the new installers sucks badly enough that the whole endeavour might be worthwhile.
Gede: Hmm... What about running the installer directly into a Wine prefix? Do you know of any way to do so without needing input from the user?
no, i don't think that is possible with the standalone installers
Post edited June 02, 2019 by immi101
vv221: Some of us are working on writing documentation right now, so knowing what's not intuitive would help a lot. And of course we need fresh eyes for that, because most of us have been working with it for so long that we can no longer see what could be counter-intuitive.
I am quite aware of that common problem. I would begin by saying that you are not selling your project well enough. Someone shows up at your project's page may see what it does, but no information on why would someone want to do that. That seems to be another frequent problem.
You see, you are providing an alternative. Therefore you should be clear (and frontal) on why those extra steps matter. Why aren't GOG's packages good enough? What situations do they fail to answer?
It is not always obvious to the viewer that things could be better. Make them say "I had never thought of that! Yeah, it would be awesome if I could do some of these things!"
GameRager: It's not hard and sometimes a bit of effort makes things more enjoyable when they're worked for and not just obtained easily/quickly.
Zoidberg: Sorry but that must be the most stupid argument I have ever heard as an excuse for laziness.

You know what? I'm going to say the same to the devs who don't care about rebinding: work it up, it's worth it in the end!

(and in my case, it actually is, no rebinding, no money)
And I'll ask again; just what is it that you're wanting to rebind?
GameRager: It's not hard and sometimes a bit of effort makes things more enjoyable when they're worked for and not just obtained easily/quickly.
Zoidberg: Sorry but that must be the most stupid argument I have ever heard as an excuse for laziness.

You know what? I'm going to say the same to the devs who don't care about rebinding: work it up, it's worth it in the end!

(and in my case, it actually is, no rebinding, no money)
I'm not trying to fully excuse it, i'm mainly saying that some things(even lazy efforts/weird keybinds for a game) are worth the effort to get them playable in the end sometimes.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: I don't think GOG should be dealing in fudge when it comes to bundles that ignore games you already have and/or gift codes that sometimes expire.

Rather, GOG should remove all that fudge and

a) make it so no gift code ever expires under any circumstances, period.

b) make it so no bundle refuses to acknowledge games that a customer already owns; in such cases, all bundles should be discounted accordingly for that customer.

GOG instead going with this current it's fine to fudge things policy is not a good thing for GOG. That's just going to damage its reputation.
You can buy the collection games seperately in most(if not all) cases for a discount as well(afaik)....simply click the titles on the right of each collection sale page.

The other thing is a good point though.

AB2012: To be fair to Zoidberg, half the problem is Epic Games completely stupid defaults for Unreal Engine 4 that often need the config files editing anyway to remove bad bindings in order to remap good ones. Eg, it's long been standard convention to mirror WASD onto cursor keys for the benefit of left-handers and yet UE4 defaults to L/R cursor keys turning instead of strafing (like A/D). So you then end up with two controls to turn left / right (one in each hand) and yet no control for strafe (in either hand). One other bad default game recently was Pathologic 2, ie, cursor keys were double-mapped to both move forward / back and look up / down at the same time. So every time you moved forward with cursor, you stared at the ceiling, and moved back = stared at the floor. The sad truth is, this nonsense is stuff that most devs got right 5-20 years ago in earlier Unreal Engine 1-3 era games like Unreal 1 / Deus Ex through to Bioshock Infinite, etc. It only seems to be UE4 that's had it's defaults stupefied as if the maker of Unreal Engine had never made an FPS game before...
I agree bad keybindings is a problem/should be avoided when making games, but some games with wonky controls are sometimes still worth the effort to get working right....take the Crusader games, for example...those games have the weirdest control scheme and are still fun once you get them working.
Post edited June 03, 2019 by GameRager