It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free games take the center stage during the newly launched Summer Sale Festival on GOG.COM with game collections, flash deals, and discounts up to -90%.

We give you a full festival experience without leaving your computers. Main stage headliners feature games collections which are a perfect opportunity to grab some exceptional titles at high discounts, including:

Arctic Mages with The Banner Saga trilogy

Mechanical Brothers with Into the Breach, Hob, and >observer_

Alien Plant Farm with Stellaris, Surviving Mars, and Aven Colony

The Scary Family with Mafia trilogy

Masters of Bullets with Soldier of Fortune trilogy

The Indienerds with Tower of Time, Sundered, and Iconoclasts

Die Auslanders with 5 classic X-Com games

New games will enter the sale with an extra 24h flash deals starting with CHUCHEL Cherry Edition (-70%), Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (-80%), Inquisitor (-90%), Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (-50%), Shadows: Awakening (-70%), and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-30%). After the flash deal discount ends, these games will remain on sale at a lower discount.

Visit GOG.COM every day to check daily recommendations and mixes that will help you discover discounted games that share similar hits-inspired themes like "I'll be there for you", "Radioactive", "Panic! at the LAN party", and many more.

The sky is the limit as BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%) joins the DRM-free world in its steampunk glory. You can complete your Big Daddy collection with BioShock Remastered (-67%) and BioShock 2 Remastered (-67%) also on sale.

That's not all as GOG.COM's Summer Sale Festival has over 2000 deals for digital games!

Grab first ever discounts for re-released versions of the original Diablo (-10%) and Warcraft I & II Bundle (-10%). Other deals include titles like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (-70%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-40%), Katana ZERO (-20%), Weedcraft Inc (-25%), Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-50%), Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (-40%), BATTLETECH (-40%), Darksiders III (-50%), Frostpunk (-40%), We Happy Few (-40%), Return of the Obra Dinn (-10%), Theme Hospital (-75%), Crysis (-75%), and many, many more.

Summer Sale Festival lasts until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by inox
Pond86: Tbh its a shame they didn't follow Steam's lead on bundles.

On Steam if you buy a bundle then usually the price is cheaper for the bundle as it excludes titles you already own.
Actually GOG had implemented the same, customer friendly behavior with their old bundles. They only switched to this new, intransparent and customer unfriendly behavior with their new collections.
dudalb: Ealier in this thread GOG explained that other companies programmed and sold the Mac/Linux versions (I guess 2k decided not to do the ports themselves and licenced them out) and the makers of the Mac/Linux versions did not want to remove the DRM for a GOG release.
I pointed this out in that thread, but the people there just ignored it and..after attacking me, continueing to rant about how evil GOg was.
That can be said about Feral (that they are pro-DRM), but so far I didn't know that Virtual Programming are pro-DRM as well. Do you have any statements from about about it?
Anyone know if bioshock infinite is the same? its the same game with all the dlc right? nothing altered like metro or something?
Thank you very much for Obduction! :-D
B1tF1ghter: The thing is that Feral ports can be made drm-free VERY easily with certain LITERALY official method (go to their github and check out for yourself) and very little amount of people actually know that...
(Luke)
Can you be more specific?
faroot: Well ok I can go search I guess; I know what malloc and phoronix and git and curl are, but I don't move in those rev-eng circles I suppose, so that's kind of a random list of stuff to show that you're in the in-group and most of us are not? Yes, I believe you, you know the relevancy of those symbols, and I and others don't?

Something more explanatory would be nice.
Read the post that I quoted. I was indirectly questioning that Feral provides source code to mitigate the Steam DRM.

That are the projects of Feral's GitHub account. Most of them are forks of other people's code. None of them seems helpful to circumvent any DRM at first glance.
Pond86: Tbh its a shame they didn't follow Steam's lead on bundles.

On Steam if you buy a bundle then usually the price is cheaper for the bundle as it excludes titles you already own.
eiii: Actually GOG had implemented the same, customer friendly behavior with their old bundles. They only switched to this new, intransparent and customer unfriendly behavior with their new collections.
Your memory is very different than mine. When did that happen?

Because I've been wishing that Gog did that kind of thing with bundles for something like a decade, and for all that time that has been one of my big reasons to continue to buy on Steam, rather than just on Gog. And continues to be so.

DRM-free is great, but that bundle issue is a huge deal -- rebuying things on Gog that I already bought on Gog is illogical at best, especially budget-wise.
mk47at: Read the post that I quoted. I was indirectly questioning that Feral provides source code to mitigate the Steam DRM.

That are the projects of Feral's GitHub account. Most of them are forks of other people's code. None of them seems helpful to circumvent any DRM at first glance.
Ok, cool, but for those of us who are not programmers (although I am) or are not deeply involved in these particular issues (I, for one, am not), listing things like "rpmalloc" with no explanation is simply puzzling, although I am capable of understanding if there were context.

But now you are explaining a bit and giving some context, which is what I hoped for, so thank you.
Post edited May 31, 2019 by faroot
eiii: Actually GOG had implemented the same, customer friendly behavior with their old bundles. They only switched to this new, intransparent and customer unfriendly behavior with their new collections.
faroot: Your memory is very different than mine. When did that happen?

Because I've been wishing that Gog did that kind of thing with bundles for something like a decade, and for all that time that has been one of my big reasons to continue to buy on Steam, rather than just on Gog. And continues to be so.

DRM-free is great, but that bundle issue is a huge deal -- rebuying things on Gog that I already bought on Gog is illogical at best, especially budget-wise.
No, eiii is right, they did that in the past, although mostly with very huge bundles, like all of the D&D games. The more you already owned, the cheaper the bundle would be, and if you bought a gift code, you could split it, but if you only owned a few, you had to spend a lot in order to profit from the higher bundle discounts, so it was only partially more customer-friendly.
Thank You GOG for the free game.

Now lets spend some money :)
Thank you GOG so much for Bioshock Infinite! You're the best!!! :)
Post edited May 31, 2019 by kangaroojohn
i miss the 3 tier freebies thing. the more you spend, the more you get. not too excited about this promo tbh. the past few weekly sales had some really good discounts but i waited to bag some freebies. looks like i missed out on both. bioshock sure looks interesting though
faroot: But now you are explaining a bit and giving some context, which is what I hoped for, so thank you.
Btw. the list had a header and I still think that it is obvious that that list contains the contents of Feral's GitHub if you consider the parts of the post that I quoted and I consider that “in-group” narrative very condescending.
Obduction looks great, thank you!
Difficult to navigate shop.

And every time I got excited on a title.... I already own it... :(
high rated
faroot: Your memory is very different than mine.
Leroux: No, eiii is right, they did that in the past, although mostly with very huge bundles, like all of the D&D games.
Ok, thanks, I will assume you and eiii (and others) are right, and that I just missed it or forgot or something.

So back to the original topic:Still, we customers want Gog to make that the normal case again, since currently it does not seem to be the case.

If I have bought #1 and #3 in a series, I personally will *not*, ever, *EVER* buy the bundle of #1 + #2 + #3 at a price that does not discount my past buys of #1 and #2, and it's actually insane for the publishers to think that any of us would, no matter how many dollar signs light up in the publisher's eyes, hoping that we will re-buy and re-buy and re-buy the same content.

This is not some luxury extra feature, this is just common sense. If we have already bought most of the components of a bundle, then most of us expect a future discount on that bundle to reflect that. It's illogical to the extreme to expect us to re-buy a bundle at full bundle price when wel have already paid for some of its components.

This kind of discounting is up to the publlsher on Steam, and some screw it up (in recent memory, the puzzle game dev/pub "Blender Games" -- idiots on that topic, and you can quote me) -- but still this common-sense kind of discount ("you don't have to pay for stuff you already paid for") is more common than not on Steam, regardless of some stupid exceptions, but is *currently* not to be found on Gog.

Come on Gog, don't make us pay twice for things in bundles that we already bought. This is just common sense. Your competition already does the right thing on that topicl.