It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free games take the center stage during the newly launched Summer Sale Festival on GOG.COM with game collections, flash deals, and discounts up to -90%.

We give you a full festival experience without leaving your computers. Main stage headliners feature games collections which are a perfect opportunity to grab some exceptional titles at high discounts, including:

Arctic Mages with The Banner Saga trilogy

Mechanical Brothers with Into the Breach, Hob, and >observer_

Alien Plant Farm with Stellaris, Surviving Mars, and Aven Colony

The Scary Family with Mafia trilogy

Masters of Bullets with Soldier of Fortune trilogy

The Indienerds with Tower of Time, Sundered, and Iconoclasts

Die Auslanders with 5 classic X-Com games

New games will enter the sale with an extra 24h flash deals starting with CHUCHEL Cherry Edition (-70%), Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (-80%), Inquisitor (-90%), Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (-50%), Shadows: Awakening (-70%), and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-30%). After the flash deal discount ends, these games will remain on sale at a lower discount.

Visit GOG.COM every day to check daily recommendations and mixes that will help you discover discounted games that share similar hits-inspired themes like "I'll be there for you", "Radioactive", "Panic! at the LAN party", and many more.

The sky is the limit as BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%) joins the DRM-free world in its steampunk glory. You can complete your Big Daddy collection with BioShock Remastered (-67%) and BioShock 2 Remastered (-67%) also on sale.

That's not all as GOG.COM's Summer Sale Festival has over 2000 deals for digital games!

Grab first ever discounts for re-released versions of the original Diablo (-10%) and Warcraft I & II Bundle (-10%). Other deals include titles like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (-70%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-40%), Katana ZERO (-20%), Weedcraft Inc (-25%), Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-50%), Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (-40%), BATTLETECH (-40%), Darksiders III (-50%), Frostpunk (-40%), We Happy Few (-40%), Return of the Obra Dinn (-10%), Theme Hospital (-75%), Crysis (-75%), and many, many more.

Summer Sale Festival lasts until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by inox
adamhm: Unpack it using innoextract. However you'll need to install it normally into a disposable prefix to get the registry keys and a reference install for putting all of the files in the correct place though (GOG's newer installers are really messy).
Trying this now:

lgogdownloader --list-details --game bioshock_infinite | grep 'product id'
product id: 1752654506

lgogdownloader --galaxy-show-builds 1752654506
0: Version 1.0.1643565 - 2019-05-24T12:52:46+0000 (Gen 2)

lgogdownloader --galaxy-install 1752654506/0
UPDATE:

That didn't quite work. See:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lgogdownloader_gogdownloader_for_linux/post1101

UPDATE2:

This worked, (thanks to @vv221 for the hint!)

lgogdownloader --galaxy-arch 32 --galaxy-install 1752654506/0

Checking now, if resulting layout is playable, because it looks weird and very similar to what you get if you simply use innoextract.
Post edited June 01, 2019 by shmerl
emter_pl: [....] Collections work differently than completion bundles - the discount comes from a fact that you get all of these games at once. Otherwise such deep discount wouldn't be possible. [...]
So, if one buys a collection as a gift code, would said gift code have an expiration date?
marcinl0: Interesting idea, but still no discount for basic Order of Battle: World War II...
gogtrial34987: There's at least 7 days of flash deals; possibly as many as 10 (I think 14 is unlikely, but still possible). With only six flash deals per day, there's many games which aren't discounted yet. So, chances are very high that sometime in the next week your game will show up as a flash deal. (And if you miss it, then afterward it'll just get a regular discount.) Until then, have patience.
Yes, patience is a key, is OK OK OK - for now, all DLCs for Order of Battle: World War II are discounted, fantastic.
emter_pl: [....] Collections work differently than completion bundles - the discount comes from a fact that you get all of these games at once. Otherwise such deep discount wouldn't be possible. [...]
HypersomniacLive: So, if one buys a collection as a gift code, would said gift code have an expiration date?
Afaik the games you already own/their codes will expire one year after purchase.
Zoidberg: For fuck's sake! Hey Obduction devs? You SUCK!

How can you have a selection for keyboard, several brands of gamepads and most of the high ends VR head set controls... and absolutely NO key rebindings?!!!

That is so fucking preposterous.
Yes, curse them to gift us such a game ;)

But since I can understand and I do relate I searched a bit and found this. Not ideal but at least you should be able to rebind keys with it.
low rated

How can you have a selection for keyboard, several brands of gamepads and most of the high ends VR head set controls... and absolutely NO key rebindings?!!!

MarkoH01: Yes, curse them to gift us such a game ;)

But since I can understand and I do relate I searched a bit and found this. Not ideal but at least you should be able to rebind keys with it.
That's very nice of you but I'm done with that bullcrap.

I'm not using joyToKey because my keyboard is working well, and I'm not messing up with Unreal config files.

Devs don't put the work in making me welcome? I'm not going through the work to play their game. Screw them, it's like there are 100s of games where I can easily play and devs that aren't lazy or stupid as to overlook that basic functionality.
Ashleee: This offer lasts until the end of summer promo :)
(gonna ping someone)

Just so you know, Cultist Simulator Anthology costs literally all of the money in Russia (2'209 RUR, currently held in the Diamond Vault of the Kremlin). When bought separately at full price, its components add up to 860 RUR.
(my original post)
B1tF1ghter: The thing is that Feral ports can be made drm-free VERY easily with certain LITERALY official method (go to their github and check out for yourself) and very little amount of people actually know that...
(Luke)
(end of the original post)

mk47at: Lots of forks and some small drops of custom code:
* gamemode
* steam-runtime
* test-profiles
* phoronix-test-suite
* ferallinuxscripts
[...]
faroot: Well ok I can go search I guess; I know what malloc and phoronix and git and curl are, but I don't move in those rev-eng circles I suppose, so that's kind of a random list of stuff to show that you're in the in-group and most of us are not? Yes, I believe you, you know the relevancy of those symbols, and I and others don't?

Something more explanatory would be nice.
faroot: But now you are explaining a bit and giving some context, which is what I hoped for, so thank you.
mk47at: Btw. the list had a header and I still think that it is obvious that that list contains the contents of Feral's GitHub if you consider the parts of the post that I quoted and I consider that “in-group” narrative very condescending.
Digital_CHE: Can you be more specific?
To the 3 of you - I generally just wanted to make a point but since you insist (you really insist it seems) on details...

Just a general DISCLAIMER first...
This is all assuming I uderstand their code correctly... Also be warned I have not tested this myself YET...
End of disclaimer...

Feral Interactive is present on github and some of their code they left exposed to public...
Among several forks there is some of their own code (like game mode) including ferallinuxscripts section.
That section contains their lanuch scripts for their LINUX ports...
It's updated from time to time so it COULD be a bit different that what you have in your current game build...
Among those scripts there is one responsible for initiating steam runtime communication (of the game with the steam runtime) once the game is started (very early during that start process).

Linux consists LOADS of COMPLETELY different flavours and it's just not possible to support EVERYTHING...
Generally when Linux ports are released by ANYBODY then usually just Ubuntu and sometimes also Mint is officially supported (it means that if it doesn't work then you can seek for their official help).
One Linux flavour that is particularly known to be a possible vector for user screw up is Arch Linux due to it's complexity and general fact that basically each user config is a COMPLETELY different thing...
People who don't know Arch Linux well often screw up (becoming the vector) and don't manage to get the Feral ports working...
It's just that that Windows is one platform that generally is the same across installs and Linux is just not. Linux is very different than Windows and it's just not possible to support everyone.

Due to that fact Feral left a certain thing in their scripts that allows overriding Steam to make their games work on those systems where they wouldn't work otherwise.
That's an official thing and if you open an issue on github then they will tell you to do exactly that (example: I was looking for issues where they did actually say it but maybe they removed those or something as I could no longer find them now).
It's essentially a Steam override.
So basically once you get the file from Steam and use this then your game is basically entirely drm free as Feral does not include any drms in their Linux ports aside from Steam integration.
So you can get the files from Steam then use that and then repack the files into your own installer and have a drm free build basically.

I was talking about this:
https://github.com/FeralInteractive/ferallinuxscripts

The exact code Im talking about:
https://github.com/FeralInteractive/ferallinuxscripts/blob/master/gamelaunchscript.template.sh
From Line 116 to Line 148...
This is a script code TEMPLATE... a code TEMPLATE! It WILL differ from what script your game build will have. It may differ A LOT.
Essentially you would have to modify the script from your game build to use some of the stuff...
Also the script changed since I last checked it (and it seems like it changed a lot) and Im not exactly willing to check all the code changes now but Steam related code is still there I think more or less like it was before...

Before anybody asks - NO I have not PERSONALLY used it YET because I don't currently have a way of doing so (Im changing hardware to such that is gonna be good enough to finally run Linux games and generally any games well enough).
Im gonna do it someday but Im sure it works as many people have done it and they say it works (on github issue pages for example)...

Just DO NOT brag about this info and don't spread it too much otherwise people could start abusing it... And abusing it could potentially lead to Feral removing it...

Also I don't actually understand why people say Feral is pro drm... Why would they be pro drm?
I know some of their older non steam Mac ports are drmed but all their current Linux ports are only drmed by Steam itself... They don't even have CEG! (CEG is popular on Windows games and Windows build of Infinite on Steam has it)...

Digital_CHE: Anyway. I'm sure you gonna make a proper wrapper like you did for other games :)
adamhm: I am considering it because the Linux port for this game is an older one & DXVK probably offers superior performance, however the absence of its official Linux release is very off-putting (also the price is quite a bit higher than I'd normally consider for a non-Linux game)... I'll need to think about it some more.
Maybe you can give me advise?
What should I do if I have Infinite on Steam and here and didn't play it yet (because as I said I didn't have good enough hardware before but now I will).
Should I play original Steam Linux port (which is OpenGL) or DXVK build from here?
DXVK should probably have better quality than OpenGL?...

Im gonna be away for probably around 2 days or so so expect delays if anybody quotes me with more questions...

(Luke)
B1tF1ghter: To the 3 of you - I generally just wanted to make a point but since you insist (you really insist it seems) on details...
[...]
The exact code Im talking about: [...]
Thanks very much for your patience and taking the trouble to explain, that was very enlightening.
high rated
B1tF1ghter: Also I don't actually understand why people say Feral is pro drm... Why would they be pro drm?
I know some of their older non steam Mac ports are drmed but all their current Linux ports are only drmed by Steam itself... They don't even have CEG! (CEG is popular on Windows games and Windows build of Infinite on Steam has it)...
I have no idea why they are pro-DRM, but they said explicitly, they have problems releasing their game on GOG, even if GOG have DRM-free Windows versions here. And if they are not pro-DRM, why don't they offer such games DRM-free in their own store? I can only conclude, DRM is the reason.

TL;DR: I'll change my view on their DRM attitude, once we'll see their Linux games in DRM-free stores.
Post edited June 01, 2019 by shmerl
So I just finished up Dead In Vinland - awesome, excellent game.

While the combat in it was only a small (ish) part - anyone know if any games on sale have that similar combat vibe? Vinland / Darkest Dungeon sort of feel?

I saw the release of that Cold game with little fur eared people - curious if anything else like that was on sale / exists.
high rated
chandra: If you want to buy a game as a gift, then you receive a gift code that never expires, so you are not wrong about that :)
Game collections are not the same, though. If you were to purchase a game collection (and the ones we have in the Summer Sale are pretty sweet deals ;) ), and you own one or more of the titles in said bundle, then you receive giftable game codes, which are valid for a year.
For me that's laywer talk to weaken your promises. Spending money on a gift code is buying a gift code, no matter if it's on a single discounted game or in a bundle. And these gift codes should not expire.

Considering that you do not even get a warning that parts of your money may go into expiring gift codes these collections are not sweet deals, but rather bitter ones, at least for your loyal customers which already own some games on GOG. I loved your old bundles and have bought several of them, but these new collections are really customer unfriendly. Please reconsider to switch back to the old bundle behavior!
B1tF1ghter: (Luke)
Thank you. Although I still think that that script can only override the Steam runtime, i.e. the bundle of precompiled libraries that Steam provides. And that's a shell script, so that would be included with each game port as well, so there is no need for anything from their GitHub account.

Just what are you wanting to rebind?
Thanks guys!

The release of Bioshock Infinite was a nice surprise this week :)