It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free games take the center stage during the newly launched Summer Sale Festival on GOG.COM with game collections, flash deals, and discounts up to -90%.

We give you a full festival experience without leaving your computers. Main stage headliners feature games collections which are a perfect opportunity to grab some exceptional titles at high discounts, including:

Arctic Mages with The Banner Saga trilogy

Mechanical Brothers with Into the Breach, Hob, and >observer_

Alien Plant Farm with Stellaris, Surviving Mars, and Aven Colony

The Scary Family with Mafia trilogy

Masters of Bullets with Soldier of Fortune trilogy

The Indienerds with Tower of Time, Sundered, and Iconoclasts

Die Auslanders with 5 classic X-Com games

New games will enter the sale with an extra 24h flash deals starting with CHUCHEL Cherry Edition (-70%), Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (-80%), Inquisitor (-90%), Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (-50%), Shadows: Awakening (-70%), and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-30%). After the flash deal discount ends, these games will remain on sale at a lower discount.

Visit GOG.COM every day to check daily recommendations and mixes that will help you discover discounted games that share similar hits-inspired themes like "I'll be there for you", "Radioactive", "Panic! at the LAN party", and many more.

The sky is the limit as BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%) joins the DRM-free world in its steampunk glory. You can complete your Big Daddy collection with BioShock Remastered (-67%) and BioShock 2 Remastered (-67%) also on sale.

That's not all as GOG.COM's Summer Sale Festival has over 2000 deals for digital games!

Grab first ever discounts for re-released versions of the original Diablo (-10%) and Warcraft I & II Bundle (-10%). Other deals include titles like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (-70%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-40%), Katana ZERO (-20%), Weedcraft Inc (-25%), Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-50%), Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (-40%), BATTLETECH (-40%), Darksiders III (-50%), Frostpunk (-40%), We Happy Few (-40%), Return of the Obra Dinn (-10%), Theme Hospital (-75%), Crysis (-75%), and many, many more.

Summer Sale Festival lasts until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by inox
adamhm: Unpack it using innoextract. However you'll need to install it normally into a disposable prefix to get the registry keys and a reference install for putting all of the files in the correct place though (GOG's newer installers are really messy).
Gede: I do have a plan to download my entire GOG library but I too think that GOG adds too much in their packages that I am not interested in. I would rather use my system's copy of DosBox or ScummVM for example, and Windows packages also carry libraries and such. I was thinking of editing them and repackaging those files.
[...]
Where can I find more information about the contents of the install files after I extract them?
you can use innounp* to extract the setup script from InnoSetup. That will tell you all about the registry entries that the installer adds. Then convert that information into a .reg script for reg.exe or a .inf install script. Store that alongside the game data and you can set up a working wine prefix with a few lines of bash.
It still is a fair amount of work, just for the benefit of not running the installer.
Personally I mostly just stick to the lazy approach of running the installer, though I guess there might be some games where the new installers sucks badly enough that the whole endeavour might be worthwhile.

*) innounp is a windows tool, but works fine under wine
//edit:
actually, I haven't used that tool in a while. Not sure it even works with the new InnoSetup version that GOG is using nowadays. hmm
Post edited June 01, 2019 by immi101
immi101: actually, I haven't used that tool in a while. Not sure it even works with the new InnoSetup version that GOG is using nowadays. hmm
I've never used that tool, but the problem is that GOG uses experimental InnoSetup versions and has indeed used a version that was never really released at all.
adamhm: Unpack it using innoextract. However you'll need to install it normally into a disposable prefix to get the registry keys and a reference install for putting all of the files in the correct place though (GOG's newer installers are really messy).
shmerl: Thinking about it, may be Galaxy API download (with lgogdownloader) can sidestep the whole issue, since it downloads the whole game as it's supposed to be deployed already. I suppose it means Galaxy use case assumes customizing registry isn't needed?
afail when downloading via galaxy you still get a InnoSetup installer which sets up all the registry keys/workarounds/compatibility flags and stuff. (unless they changed that, haven't looked at Galaxy in a while)
unfortunately many (particularly older) games have a hard dependency on expecting their registry keys. I don't think there is a way around that.
immi101: actually, I haven't used that tool in a while. Not sure it even works with the new InnoSetup version that GOG is using nowadays. hmm
mk47at: I've never used that tool, but the problem is that GOG uses experimental InnoSetup versions and has indeed used a version that was never really released at all.
yeah, I remembered reading about that, right after posting ;)
//edit:
though Innounp has been updated like three weeks ago and claims support up to 6.0.2.
Might still be worth a try
The best course would be modifying InnoExtract to strip the installers while keeping the registry stuff intact.
––

immi101: though Innounp has been updated like three weeks ago and claims support up to 6.0.2.
The huge question is: does it support 5.6.2? That's the unreleased version that GOG used (or uses).
Post edited June 01, 2019 by mk47at
mk47at: The best course would be modifying InnoExtract to strip the installers while keeping the registry stuff intact.
––

immi101: though Innounp has been updated like three weeks ago and claims support up to 6.0.2.
mk47at: The huge question is: does it support 5.6.2? That's the unreleased version that GOG used (or uses).
I think ultimately using the galaxy protocol to download the files is the best way.
InnoSetup is just a total mess and things seem to break rather often. (though thankfully the author of innoextract is usually fixing things rather quickly)
mk47at: The best course would be modifying InnoExtract to strip the installers while keeping the registry stuff intact.
––

mk47at: The huge question is: does it support 5.6.2? That's the unreleased version that GOG used (or uses).
at least it says so in the changelog. But I don't have anything here to test that claim

http://innounp.sourceforge.net/
immi101: at least it says so in the changelog. But I don't have anything here to test that claim

http://innounp.sourceforge.net/
Well… that's slightly embarrassing… I should have scrolled past the usage section.

–––

Edit: Using the Galaxy API would decrease the usage of the stand-alone installers. I don't think that that's a good signal.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by mk47at
low rated
i want to buy teh banner saga set but im still peeved teh third game isnt teh top tier edition. im near contemplatin' buyin' teh whole set an' then rebuyin' teh legendary edition of teh third, but this makes zero sense as im basic lee payin' near as much for one game as teh whole set.
low rated
MarkoH01: Yes, curse them to gift us such a game ;)

But since I can understand and I do relate I searched a bit and found this. Not ideal but at least you should be able to rebind keys with it.
Zoidberg: That's very nice of you but I'm done with that bullcrap.

I'm not using joyToKey because my keyboard is working well, and I'm not messing up with Unreal config files.

Devs don't put the work in making me welcome? I'm not going through the work to play their game. Screw them, it's like there are 100s of games where I can easily play and devs that aren't lazy or stupid as to overlook that basic functionality.
It's not hard and sometimes a bit of effort makes things more enjoyable when they're worked for and not just obtained easily/quickly.

skeletonbow: Not sure why you're posting that to me. :) I'm not concerned with GOG's page load speed, I'm concerned with how long it takes me to scroll through a list of 2000 video games in a more or less jumbled sort order that isn't meaningful to me to try and find games that I might want to buy. I want to be able to sort them based on price from low to high, and then to have filtering options to filter our prices that fall outside of a range I specify, and to filter out content that I don't want to be part of the list such as DLC, or filter it to "just games". This way I have a short list of games that takes very little time to search through for whimsical purchases, rather than having to spend 20 minutes doing it.

The web page load time is irrelevant to me in that regard, it could take 5 minutes to load the page, I'll come back after I go make a sandwich. I'm concerned with the time it takes me to search through the already rendered web page to find the actual products I might consider buying whimsically after I've already went through my wishlist (which would also be nice to be able to sort by price and filter).

It's possible my original post might have been misunderstood.
Maybe user made/staff made TAGS for games could be made concerning game topics/contents/themes that could be searchable as one searches for game titles in the store?
Post edited June 02, 2019 by GameRager
i_hope_you_rot: Prediction :

One or more Assassin's Creed game(s) and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released during the sale .
Also we will receive another freebie .
Interesting. What is your basis for this?
i_hope_you_rot: Prediction :

One or more Assassin's Creed game(s) and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released during the sale .
Also we will receive another freebie .
undeadcow: Interesting. What is your basis for this?
I'm guessing it's the same basis one has for thinking Half Life 3 is coming soon. 0.o
skeletonbow: Not sure why you're posting that to me. :) I'm not concerned with GOG's page load speed, I'm concerned with how long it takes me to scroll through a list of 2000 video games in a more or less jumbled sort order that isn't meaningful to me to try and find games that I might want to buy. I want to be able to sort them based on price from low to high, and then to have filtering options to filter our prices that fall outside of a range I specify, and to filter out content that I don't want to be part of the list such as DLC, or filter it to "just games".
[...]

It's possible my original post might have been misunderstood.
GameRager: Maybe user made/staff made TAGS for games could be made concerning game topics/contents/themes that could be searchable as one searches for game titles in the store?
Sure, that's a great idea (and has been proven elsewhere).

But since skeletonbow has been misinterpreted several times already about what they want, despite being quite clear, you might take pity on them and say "...or in the absence of the feature you want, how about [new idea]" or some such.

We don't want them to feel even more frustration in communication
GameRager: Maybe user made/staff made TAGS for games could be made concerning game topics/contents/themes that could be searchable as one searches for game titles in the store?
faroot: Sure, that's a great idea (and has been proven elsewhere).

But since skeletonbow has been misinterpreted several times already about what they want, despite being quite clear, you might take pity on them and say "...or in the absence of the feature you want, how about [new idea]" or some such.

We don't want them to feel even more frustration in communication
Well that's kinda what I meant when I said it.....but you're right, we shouldn't make anyone(beyond spammers maybe) feel marginalized here.
Gede: I do have a plan to download my entire GOG library but I too think that GOG adds too much in their packages that I am not interested in. I would rather use my system's copy of DosBox or ScummVM for example, and Windows packages also carry libraries and such. I was thinking of editing them and repackaging those files.

I was also thinking of streamlining the installation of the games. (…)
What you want to do looks a lot like what we provide with ./play.it, maybe you would like to have a look at it: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/linux_playit_weekly_news/post1

To make it short, it is a Free Software that takes game installers from various sources, including GOG, and builds packages for multiple distributions. These packages can of course be installed on any system you own afterwards.

For games requiring WINE, DOSBox or ScummVM the version provided by your distribution is used, not the one included in the original installer.

Gede: Then it came to me that perhaps I could achieve both goals using squashfs to store the installed game (one file about the size of GOG's original package, but in a playable state) and use OverlayFS to provide a writing layer for per-game configuration and saves. If I could pull this off, I could manage not just the backups, but also the installations and removals of my entire library across all my devices using git-annex! Wonderful!
./play.it already does something similar ;)
Game data is installed system-wide, read-only, and user data (saved games, config, etc.) is stored in user-specific directories, trying as much as possible to follow XDG standards.

Saved games (and mods, and other user-specific game data) and configuration are stored in two differents directories, because you usually want to share saved games, mods, etc. between systems, but keep a specific set of configuration on each machine. Thanks to this, you can easily share your progression in a given game between all of your systems using tools like sshfs.
Who needs cloud saves when you can already do it without a third party service? ;)
immi101: afail when downloading via galaxy you still get a InnoSetup installer which sets up all the registry keys/workarounds/compatibility flags and stuff. (unless they changed that, haven't looked at Galaxy in a while)
unfortunately many (particularly older) games have a hard dependency on expecting their registry keys. I don't think there is a way around that.
Yeah, also it looks like after downloading Bioshock Infinte via Galaxy API (lgogdownloader), resulting file structure is not usable, and requires more steps. I'll try running regular installer, to see what structure it puts things in.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by shmerl
So am I missing something or am I required to rebuy items I already own just to get the bundle deal....

Just deleted 3 bundles from my cart because it doesnt factor individual already owned items. Will wait and probably buy them on Steam then when the inevitable sales hit sadly since their store does factor owned items, #sadface.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by dav34