It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: Seems to be a pattern with Bethesda - enjoyed some of the DLC expansions for New Vegas far more than the core campaign / questline
But New Vegas was made by Obsidian :) Main campaign was pretty nice (mostly because of Mr. House), I found Old World Blues and Lonesome Road pretty amazing, Blood Money was nice, Honest Hearts... well, I didn't like that one so much.
But Point Lookout and The Pitt beat F3 campaign in every aspect :)
Sachys: Seems to be a pattern with Bethesda - enjoyed some of the DLC expansions for New Vegas far more than the core campaign / questline
I just recently picked up the complete edition of F:NV will all the DLC. I'm hoping I like it better than the vanilla game, as it was a let-down to me after enjoying F3 so much.

I think part of the problem was that F3 was set in city-turned-wasteland. F:NV is basically wasteland-turned-more-wasteland. :)
IAmSinistar: I just recently picked up the complete edition of F:NV will all the DLC. I'm hoping I like it better than the vanilla game, as it was a let-down to me after enjoying F3 so much.

I think part of the problem was that F3 was set in city-turned-wasteland. F:NV is basically wasteland-turned-more-wasteland. :)
:-) I'm glad to find someone else who didn't enjoy F:NV as much as F3. I've wondered if it was because I played F3 to death and F:NV was basically more of the same, or I just didn't like the setting quite as much. Although, I did give F:NV another shot this year and played a good amount. The dialogue is much better in F:NV; or at least, it's funnier. Especially the one DLC, can't remember the name...you're stuck in a dome with sentient A.I.'s or something...
jcosmocohen: :-) I'm glad to find someone else who didn't enjoy F:NV as much as F3. I've wondered if it was because I played F3 to death and F:NV was basically more of the same, or I just didn't like the setting quite as much.
I think that might be part of it. I got F3 for Xmas when it came out and me and my girlfriend played it to death over the holidays, each with our own game going. We got really into the whole game universe. It helped somewhat that I was living in Northern Virgina and working in DC at the time, so all the locations were versions of real-world places we knew.

We even invented our own games using F3; for example, she loved collecting all the garden gnomes and had them stashed at her house in Megaton. I logged into her account and went into her home, picked up all the gnomes, and hid them around Megaton in out-of-the-way places. Then she logged in and had to find them, as a scavenger hunt. :)

I don't think that F:NV really could have compared to F3 for me no matter what it was like, given that confluence of events. F3 just seemed so creative and open, with so many odd little things hidden all over the place. F:NV seemed more straightforward and less, well, fun.
IAmSinistar: I just recently picked up the complete edition of F:NV will all the DLC. I'm hoping I like it better than the vanilla game, as it was a let-down to me after enjoying F3 so much.

O___o?

...I can only guess you mean on console as you don't use steam... yarp?

Also: F:NV is best played in survival mode (preferably with the additional mods).
Post edited September 11, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: ...I can only guess you mean on console as you don't use steam... yarp?
Yah, the Xbox 360 be the place for that.
IAmSinistar: We even invented our own games using F3; for example, she loved collecting all the garden gnomes and had them stashed at her house in Megaton. I logged into her account and went into her home, picked up all the gnomes, and hid them around Megaton in out-of-the-way places. Then she logged in and had to find them, as a scavenger hunt. :)
That's a cool metagame! :-)
Exoanthrope: Capcom Publisher Weekend sale over at Steam: 50 - 80% off with some decent bundles.
Impaler26: BEWARE! Many of those Capcom games like Dark Void Zero, Age of Booty etc. use SecuROM DRM!
So check each game carefully before buying!
Is Resident Evil 5 needs GFWL for the activation and the solo game or is it just for the multiplayer part ?
madth3: Weekend deals at Steam

Skyrim

-75% off the regular edition
-66% off the Legendary Edition
I knew there was something bugging me about this earlier:

During the summer sale I noted many AAA games on steam are now CHEAPER in the UK than the US.

Example: Skyrim base game is listed (as far as I can tell) at $4.99 (roughly £3), but in the UK store its a only £2.49 - there are plenty more as well.
I'm not sure when nor why this weird reversal of regional pricing happened, but I do wonder how some of the other regions now match to that.

Edit: those are of course the sale prices at 75% off im quoting.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by Sachys
Impaler26: BEWARE! Many of those Capcom games like Dark Void Zero, Age of Booty etc. use SecuROM DRM!
So check each game carefully before buying!
MaxFulvus: Is Resident Evil 5 needs GFWL for the activation and the solo game or is it just for the multiplayer part ?
RE5 needs GWFL to save even in single player.
MaxFulvus: Is Resident Evil 5 needs GFWL for the activation and the solo game or is it just for the multiplayer part ?
atm i think it still uses GWFL, but Capcom will switch to Steamworks in the future :

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/08/resident-evil-5-dead-rising-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

so in short, grab it only when this is will be effective, it will save some hassle -_-
Post edited September 11, 2014 by DyNaer
Grargar: <span class="bold">The Humble Mobile Bundle 7</span>

PWYW
The Tiny Bang Story
Color Zen Premium
Heroes of Loot

BTA
Kingdom Rush Frontiers
Horn
Sorcery!

Includes soundtracks for all games except for Sorcery!
I want it for The Tiny Bang Story (although I bought it on steam when it was on sale for 0.4$ or so... but it was as a gift so I can trade it),
but I'm still waiting for the "More games coming soon!" to see If It's worth to beat the average. any idea when will that happen?
Terpor: There's a Razor Cortex & GOG Promotion going on, and you can get a decent deal on few GOG games
http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/?src=pgm.87681000&amp;utm_source=RazerStore&amp;utm_campaign=CortexWW&amp;utm_medium=edm_US
How do you get to that buy on GOG screen? I don't even see a place to search for games prior to downloading the software.
Also It's a bit annoying I can choose Cyprus in Europe but No Israel, even though Cyprus is an island about 1/4 the size of Israel and actually stole* money from its banks costumers... but still a more legitimate state then Israel. sure.

* All in all, If I was Cyprus I would have done the same, as there should be no legitimacy for of shore tax refuges. But the world doesn't agree.
realkman666: I see. It's "DRM-free" once you've activated it after each install. lol
Sachys: yes its "drm free" once you've activated it after each install - AFTER installing it and launching it via the desura client!

yes, this truly belongs on steam greenshite!

Confirmed - Star Traders 4X is listed as DRM free on Desura, but requires an activation code only obtainable through the client.
And after you do all that... can you copy the files to a different system and start it without the desura client and play without it asking for anything?
Post edited September 11, 2014 by BlackThorny
Grargar: Another ridiculous flash sale on Humble Store. This time:

March of the Eagles -96%/€0.79 (Steam)

Only for 12 more hours!
Is this game worth the buck? I find it fishy it costs so little.
BlackThorny: I want it for The Tiny Bang Story (although I bought it on steam when it was on sale for 0.4$ or so... but it was as a gift so I can trade it),
but I'm still waiting for the "More games coming soon!" to see If It's worth to beat the average. any idea when will that happen?
As always, with two week bundles, one week after the launch.