It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any one knows for how long will the discount on the Hitman series here on gog last?
SentinelWolf: Any one knows for how long will the discount on the Hitman series here on gog last?
Another 12 hours (3 only, not whole series). Promo countdown here: http://www.gog.com/promo/6th_birthday_promo_year_six_130914
Post edited September 13, 2014 by pablodusk
SentinelWolf: Any one knows for how long will the discount on the Hitman series here on gog last?
pablodusk: Another 12 hours. Promo countdown here: http://www.gog.com/promo/6th_birthday_promo_year_six_130914
Thanks, man.
I wish my bank worked on weekends now xD. Oh well guess i will get only contracts on monday.
I still see plenty of Mirror's Edge in the trading thread but someone might like to know that it's 75% off at Steam for another 42 hours.
madth3: Lego games are now at BundleStars 75% off, in case you did not got them from the HB Store. Steam, of course.
I've never played a Lego adventure, but the Harry Potter games look like a blast for the HP fans. Has anyone tried them? Are they as fun as they look? 5 bucks each is a bit steep for my budget, but it would be awesome to play these with my HP-fanatic Sis (I like the stories; just not as wild about HP as she is.) ;)
madth3: I still see plenty of Mirror's Edge in the trading thread but someone might like to know that it's 75% off at Steam for another 42 hours.
You mean people wanting it, or offering - if the latter dont forget it was on the Humble Origin Bundle.
madth3: Lego games are now at BundleStars 75% off, in case you did not got them from the HB Store. Steam, of course.
genkicolleen: I've never played a Lego adventure, but the Harry Potter games look like a blast for the HP fans. Has anyone tried them? Are they as fun as they look? 5 bucks each is a bit steep for my budget, but it would be awesome to play these with my HP-fanatic Sis (I like the stories; just not as wild about HP as she is.) ;)
They could easily be less padded, but they're well-made. With a friend and some beers, sure.
genkicolleen: I've never played a Lego adventure, but the Harry Potter games look like a blast for the HP fans. Has anyone tried them? Are they as fun as they look? 5 bucks each is a bit steep for my budget, but it would be awesome to play these with my HP-fanatic Sis (I like the stories; just not as wild about HP as she is.) ;)
Yes, Lego HP is a lot of fun. FWIW you need Xbox or Xbox simulated joystick for best results. I think I used the Logitech F310 - before the dog ate it :-(

All Lego games good, but in general, newer is better.
Sachys: You mean people wanting it, or offering - if the latter dont forget it was on the Humble Origin Bundle.
Offering it. That's why I said "but someone might like to know that it's 75% off at Steam for another 42 hours" since there seems to be more offers than demand.
:-)

I did not know of the Origin bundle but I kind of supposed something like that had existed.
I don't like Harry Potter. At all. Not a fan. I only bought the LEGO games because they were LEGO. LEGO love trumps HP meh any day. So it is still rather surprising to me that the HP versions are my favorite in the series. I have not played Tolkien or Marvel, but I have played all the previous games multiple times. Definitely enjoy the Harry ones the most. The first a bit more than the second.

One thing of note is that from Batman 2, the characters have voices. They speak. This took a huge chunk of the adorable charm away from the series for me. While I thought the rest of LEGO Batman 2 was possibly the best stuff they had done yet (Open world LEGO Gotham City was... brilliant. The first time I got control of Superman and learned how to fly, then the John Williams theme played as Superman soared around the skyscrapers. My god. One of my favorite gaming moments of all time), the characters talking made it a very different experience. One that I just didn't enjoy as much as the earlier games.
Post edited September 14, 2014 by HeDanny
Last night was the first time I bought a game from the Humble Bundle Store and I noticed that unlike the Bundles, which I have always bought using US Dollars, I could only purchase using Euros. Apparently this is an intentional difference between the Store and Bundles.

As expected I was charged more due to Paypal's exchange rate. Is there a work around to this? I remember Paypal having the option to change the default currency, would that work?

Note: I purchased Stealth Bastard.
HeDanny: I don't like Harry Potter. At all. Not a fan. I only bought the LEGO games because they were LEGO. LEGO love trumps HP meh any day. So it is still rather surprising to me that the HP versions are my favorite in the series. I have not played Tolkien or Marvel, but I have played all the previous games multiple times. Definitely enjoy the Harry ones the most. The first a bit more than the second.
That's really interesting, that you're not a HP fan, but the HP LEGO games were your favorite! Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! I won LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes in a contest -- have you played that one?

To the rest of you, sorry for the off-topic conversation (although the LEGO games ARE on sale HERE, in case you didn't see the earlier post about it.) ^__^
genkicolleen: That's really interesting, that you're not a HP fan, but the HP LEGO games were your favorite! Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! I won LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes in a contest -- have you played that one?
I picked up several of the LEGO games a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale on Green Man Gaming, and that was the first one I installed, since I'm a huge Marvel comics fan. It's mainly based on the movies, but with a ton of comics stuff in it, and it has voice acting. I've found that I enjoy the voice acting, as it's well-done and humorous without being annoying or over-the-top. It still has a ton of sight gags (apparently, Fury is always eating, and it's worth watching all of the characters' idle animations at least once), and the levels are fun without being too irritating. I've found myself stuck a couple of times, only to realize that it's because I keep forgetting it's a LEGO game and that I've passed a pile of twitching LEGO pieces that I need to build into something to keep going.

The LEGO games were what motivated me to finally pick up a 360 controller for my laptop, and it was well worth it. Also, they're HUGE. According to Steam, I've put seven hours into LMSH, and I'm at something like 7% unlocked.

Be aware that some of them have DLC; they're not necessary to play or win, but at least for LMSH, they're extra characters/vehicles. I succumbed to temptation and bought the Asgard pack (for $2 whole dollars), because I couldn't resist the temptation of being able to play with Sif and Odin.

tl;dr: It's a blast. *grins*
I only played (tried tbh) Lego Lord of The Rings and it was so boring ! I know Lego games are parodies of movies, but it's not funnu.and there is no challenge, you only follow a single path symbolized by Lego caps to avoid to lose yourself !! Basic fights were you can switch between members of the Fellowship and little puzzles to avoid to fall asleep.
Good for kids only, in my opinion.
Humble Store flash sales.

Medieval II: Total War (Steam) -94%/€0.79 for 12 hours.

OlliOlli (Steam) -33%/€6.99 for 8 more hours.