It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Oh poops, I was thinking of the wrong game. It's Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey that I own, not Words for Evil. I don't know how I could have confused a spelling-based fantasy game for a...oh.

My apology that I can't help with that game. Though it does look like something I'd like to pick up myself...
Really, how could you have confused those? :P

I like Letter Quest, but not the fact that it's mouse (or touch for those thingamabobs) only. It seems to me a word game like that would be more fun with keyboard controls, so I'm curious if Words for Evil adds that.
pablodusk: I like Letter Quest, but not the fact that it's mouse (or touch for those thingamabobs) only. It seems to me a word game like that would be more fun with keyboard controls, so I'm curious if Words for Evil adds that.
I agree about Letter Quest. No keyboard was the main reason to pass on it after trying their web version.
Weeklong Deals at Steam

Lots of repeats and such.
I though worthy of mentioning that Desperados and Desperados2 are on the list with a -75%, since they are no longer here.

And today's deal is
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -75% according to the frontpage but the other games of the franchise are discounted too.

Finally, I can't remember if I saw posted that Left 4 Dead 2 has a 75% discount until Sep 22.
Daft question, but I'm presuming if you buy a bundle on humble and already have one of the games drm free, you dont end up with a giftable link for that "duplicate" - much like on steam with their redeeming of games.
Sachys: Daft question, but I'm presuming if you buy a bundle on humble and already have one of the games drm free, you dont end up with a giftable link for that "duplicate" - much like on steam with their redeeming of games.
Even on Steam that's an exception rather than rule.
Sachys: Daft question, but I'm presuming if you buy a bundle on humble and already have one of the games drm free, you dont end up with a giftable link for that "duplicate" - much like on steam with their redeeming of games.
I've gotten bundles with duplicate games and no. You might end with Steam gifts for each bundle but not for the DRM-Free version.
Post edited September 15, 2014 by madth3
madth3: I've gotten bundles with duplicate games and no. You might end with Steam gifts for each bundle but not for the DRM-Free version.
Thats what I figured. cheers!
Pheace: Even on Steam that's an exception rather than rule.
I meant the fact if you buy Skyrim Legendary (for instance) you do not get a spare, giftable base game if you already own it - as opposed to the valve games, where with some of them you do.

Should have taken a moment to be clearer. O___o/
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Sachys
Leroux: snip
Okay, played some of Motte Island, enough to render an opinion. I'm afraid it's largely critical, as the game has that typical "first effort" vibe to it that one gets from new game developers.

First thing you'll notice is the control system, which is pretty lousy. As the game progresses though you get used to it, and it does make a kind of sense once you're mostly dealing with (and running from) monsters. But initially you will probably be fighting it every inch of the way.

The game starts off slow and doesn't seem to especially reward exploration or examining things. There is no map, and while the first area is somewhat linear, it is still annoying to locate where you are supposed to go. This gets worse when monsters start patrolling the area. On the plus side exploration begins to return rewards, so it improves that way.

Melee combat is fine for dealing with townsfolk, and in fact it's quite fun to sneak around braining them with a shovel. But once things go all monstrous, you'll find most enemies will remove health in great chunks, so it's usually wise to run. Health does regenerate slowly, and if you die you restart where you entered the area, so it's not too bad in that regard. And the enemies appear in random places, so stepping out and back into an area can reset things to a more favourable situation.

I have picked up a small quantity of ammo but no gun yet. Supposedly those cope with enemies better. I can't confirm that though. There are a variety of melee weapons to find, but you're given no indication as to whether are any better than others. Likewise it's hard to tell which enemies are stronger or tougher than others.

The atmosphere, story, and writing are all minimally serviceable, being amateurish and perfunctory. The gameplay is adequate, if not inspired, though I quit when I was sent on the third "cover the same ground again for a different reason" fetch quest. It's a cheap way to reuse the same areas in order to prolong the game, and to no really benefit.

Hope this helps. If you pick it up in a bundle then you'll probably get some play for value. But I could not recommend it at full retail price on its own.
madth3: Weeklong Deals at Steam

Lots of repeats and such.
I though worthy of mentioning that Desperados and Desperados2 are on the list with a -75%, since they are no longer here.
Steam made an archaeological discovery:
A developer has responded on 31 Dec, 1969 @ 4:00pm (view response)
IAmSinistar: ~snip~
Thanks! That sounds like a game I could safely skip. ;)

pablodusk: I like Letter Quest, but not the fact that it's mouse (or touch for those thingamabobs) only. It seems to me a word game like that would be more fun with keyboard controls, so I'm curious if Words for Evil adds that.
I found this short video review of Words for Evil, and apparantly it's a typing game, and it sounds like it's using the keyboard.
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Leroux
The GimmeFive Bundle at PayWUW
(Everything for Steam)

$1 for
- Marlon Briggs and the Mask of Death
- Tiny Brains
- Battlepaths
- Steel & Steam

$4.99 for
- Orborun
Leroux: I found this short video review of Words for Evil, and apparantly it's a typing game, and it sounds like it's using the keyboard.
Thanks for posting that! It actually looks a lot like the game I wished Letter Quest was, so my interest is piqued.
gixgox: Steam made an archaeological discovery:
Or that developer is a Time Lord!

The game doesn't look too bad, though.
gixgox: Steam made an archaeological discovery:
That's a pretty common Unix timestamp bug.
genkicolleen: Game Giveaway of the Day is giving away the Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE today! O_o This is a fantastic adventure-lite, one of my absolute favorites! You can get it here: http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/dreamscapes-the-sandman/
Actually This is more of a replay to this post.
"If you miss today’s giveaway you can get it 24/7 from Gametop HERE. MyPlayCity or Jenkat don’t have the game yet."
Well I went to the other site and it let me Download, I still don't get it As the installation instructions where this link was found said one should only be able to activate it that day to comply with the terms and Conditions. So can I install this anytime?
Post edited September 16, 2014 by BlackThorny