It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not sure if anyone cares, but the Far Cry series is on sale on Steam today. 75% off except Blood Dragon was 66% off. Not too bad.
marsrunner: Not sure if anyone cares, but the Far Cry series is on sale on Steam today. 75% off except Blood Dragon was 66% off. Not too bad.
Good prices, just be reminded that it requires Steam AND uPlay to have fun.
At least for FC3 and BD.
Post edited February 22, 2014 by dyscode
marsrunner: Not sure if anyone cares, but the Far Cry series is on sale on Steam today. 75% off except Blood Dragon was 66% off. Not too bad.
dyscode: Good prices, just be reminded that it requires Steam AND uPlay to have fun.
At least for FC3 and BD.
Thanks, good point. I'm ashamed to admit (around here anyway) that I don't really care about DRM so didn't really pay attention. The only thing I ever really pay attention to right now is whether GFWL is required. Of course, I still bought Dark Souls. Just couldn't resist the $4.99 price tag!
Gamefly Aspyr Bundle
http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/byob-aspyr-build-your-own-bundle/5007685

Build a bundle out of 3,4 or 5 games for 8/10/12GBP ($15/18/22)

Seems to be meant as a Mac bundle but half the games are Steamplay, i.e. work on Windows too.

Bioshock Infinite as well as the DLC Burial at Sea, Duke Forever, Borderlands 2, Civ 5, Civ 5 Brave New World, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, Jedi Academy
BTW all, Indie Gala added Dynamite Jack to the Interstellar bundle that's still live. It's a very fun stealth type game if you're into that. Simple and fun gameplay.

skeletonbow: The last full price game I bought was The Lord of the Rings The Battle For Middle Earth II Collector's Edition back in 2006 or 2007 for $70. My bad experiences with Ubisoft and EA DRM and other bad practices made me decide to stop buying games at all at that point except for bargain bin stuff made by other companies, and to proactively investigate every single game's DRM status online before spending any money at all. ;o) It wasn't until I discovered GOG.com that I even started buying games again, and with extreme enthusiasm now. :)
Spore by EA was the game and resulting bad experience that turned me into a different kind of shopper (and turned me against EA). I paid full price at midnight the day it became available. Never again. I joined Steam a few years after that, then Gog, and now a few other sites. Sim City was one of my favorite games growing up, but I won't even consider the new one just because it's EA now.
fartheststar: Spore by EA was the game and resulting bad experience that turned me into a different kind of shopper (and turned me against EA). I paid full price at midnight the day it became available. Never again. I joined Steam a few years after that, then Gog, and now a few other sites. Sim City was one of my favorite games growing up, but I won't even consider the new one just because it's EA now.
Bingo! I followed the development of Spore for 2 years and thought it was very unique and amazing in scope and would be a lot of fun. It was one of the last high end games I anticipated buying on day 1 for full price. After hearing about the super insane draconian DRM my eyes popped out of my head like really? I couldn't for the life of me imagine how any gamer would find that acceptable at that price or any price, and EA went on the "dead to me" list immediately. The funny thing is, 9 out of 9 close friends were drooling over the game and also planning on buying it when it came out and we talked about it often, but when word got out about the DRM and everyone found out, nobody was willing to accept that.

We stopped talking about the game and it was released and zero of us bought it. A couple years later it came up in conversation online and I asked if anyone ever actually bought it and of all 9 people not one person bought it, and only one friend was curious enough to play it to pirate a copy. He played it once for a few hours and said it sucked. To date I don't know a single friend at all that's ever even played the game who actually bought it, and only that one person who pirated it.

I've never bought any EA games since. Dunno if the all other guys have or not but the ones I am the closest friends with haven't bought any EA titles. I guess it must be profitable for them though or they'd stop doing it. Either that or they're going out of business in the coming years from nobody buying their crap DRM anymore.

If they go out of business it's no loss though. There will always be a market for games and thus for developers and publishers and if one can't figure out how to make products that respect the customer and actually get people to buy it, someone else will with a different business model. Maybe... just maybe... someone like CD Projekt and GOG. :)

Yeah, the new Sim City can choke on a ______'_ _____ as far as I'm concerned. ;o) I bought Cities in Motion instead, it's a much better value for the dollar.
Nelvin: Gamefly Aspyr Bundle

Seems to be meant as a Mac bundle but half the games are Steamplay, i.e. work on Windows too.

Bioshock Infinite as well as the DLC Burial at Sea, Duke Forever, Borderlands 2, Civ 5, Civ 5 Brave New World, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, Jedi Academy
Wow, that's a great offer. Thank you for posting!

I got Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2 and Brave New World for 8 £. They all activated for Windows too (I don't have MAC).
That's only 2,67 £ per game.

EDIT: the 20% promo code didn't work on this promotion.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by GabiMoro

It is quite anoying that they don't let you use paypal funds....

Interesting. Would this work for German IPs, too, or is it a UK only bundle? Where did you see the Bioshock Infinite DLC? I only see the main game ...

GabiMoro: I got Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2 and Brave New World for 8 £. They all activated for Windows too (I don't have MAC).
Would it be possible to gift the bundle? Also, since only two of the games I'm interested in seem to be compatible with windows, would it be possible to gift the third key to someone else, that is can the codes be split or do they activate all at once?
Post edited February 23, 2014 by Leroux

Leroux: Interesting. Would this work for German IPs, too, or is it a UK only bundle? Where did you see the Bioshock Infinite DLC? I only see the main game ...

GabiMoro: I got Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2 and Brave New World for 8 £. They all activated for Windows too (I don't have MAC).
Leroux: Would it be possible to gift the bundle? Also, since only two of the games I'm interested in seem to be compatible with windows, would it be possible to gift the third key to someone else, that is can the codes be split or do they activate all at once?
I'd guess it works with a German IP - but I haven't purchased the bundle myself as I try really hard to reduce my purchases, even for extremely good deals. As with many of us, my purchase:completion ratio is probably close to 20:1 :)

I noticed the Infinite DLC is not available anymore, maybe they had a fixed amount of keys for the bundle and they're sold out already.
There are some 2K deals too at gamesrocket.com
I´m looking for Civ IV if this announced drm-free is really true. Anyone has a clue if it is drm-free or not? Thanks
the deal: http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-IV-The-Complete-Edition.html?ref=516&currency=USD (labbed as drm-free)
Leroux: Interesting. Would this work for German IPs, too, or is it a UK only bundle? Where did you see the Bioshock Infinite DLC? I only see the main game ...

Leroux: Would it be possible to gift the bundle? Also, since only two of the games I'm interested in seem to be compatible with windows, would it be possible to gift the third key to someone else, that is can the codes be split or do they activate all at once?
1. The bundle was available in Romania so I think it's also available In Germany. I haven't found Burial at Sea to be in this offer.
2. I don't see to be any gift options.
3. GameFly gives you 3 serial keys (Steam keys) for every game so I guess somebody else could register one or all the games but this could contradict to GameFly Terms of Service.
Nelvin: ~snip~
GabiMoro: ~snip~
Thanks for the replies! Maybe it's too much of a hassle then to buy this bundle; I'm only interested in two of the games, unless Jedi Academy would work on Windows, too, and it's not clear whether that's the case; and apparantly if I use PayPal, they require me to give my address and phone number, and I'm not really okay with that; and then I read in the TOS they will add sales tax to it (later on?), so the prices might be higher than they look at first? In light of all this, Nelvin has a convincing argument for me to tackle my backlog rather than add to it. ;)
Post edited February 23, 2014 by Leroux
GabiMoro: ~snip~
Leroux: Thanks for the replies! Maybe it's too much of a hassle then to buy this bundle; I'm only interested in two of the games, unless Jedi Academy would work on Windows, too, and it's not clear whether that's the case; and apparantly if I use PayPal, they require me to give my address and phone number, and I'm not really okay with that; and then I read in the TOS they will add sales tax to it (later on?), so the prices might be higher than they look at first? In light of all this, Nelvin has a convincing argument for me to tackle my backlog rather than add to it. ;)
I've purchased from Gamefly in the past (some of their deals are really great) and they never added VAT so far - last purchase was just 3 days ago, Binary Domain at 1,99GBP.

These days one of the factors I chose what to play is based on the numbers at howlongtobeat.com - prefering those with lower numbers of hours :)
and the bundles keep rolling in 8 games $1.50

http://www.bundlebandits.com/