It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ErekoseDM: just double checked GG to see what these Adventure sales were all about

and i saw 'my alerts' had hit on both:
Downfall
Unepic

in the middle of both those are 3 from the list right above.
i got no emails about them only the other 3 which are on sale right now.

Did i miss out on the sales on both these?? >_< (recently)?
I don't recall any recent sales of "Downfall" or "Unepic", but I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. It's not clear to me whether the alerts did trigger or not (you first say both alerts had 'hit', but then say you received no mails about them), or which list you are talking about when you say "in the middle of both those" - the list of games? The list of your alerts? An imagined list of past sales?
Psyringe: I don't recall any recent sales of "Downfall" or "Unepic", but I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. It's not clear to me whether the alerts did trigger or not (you first say both alerts had 'hit', but then say you received no mails about them), or which list you are talking about when you say "in the middle of both those" - the list of games? The list of your alerts? An imagined list of past sales?
I read it to mean he got alerts on those two games, but there were also three games in the list dyscode provided in the post above his that didn't have an alert sent.
Psyringe: I don't recall any recent sales of "Downfall" or "Unepic", but I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. It's not clear to me whether the alerts did trigger or not (you first say both alerts had 'hit', but then say you received no mails about them), or which list you are talking about when you say "in the middle of both those" - the list of games? The list of your alerts? An imagined list of past sales?
Coelocanth: I read it to mean he got alerts on those two games, but there were also three games in the list dyscode provided in the post above his that didn't have an alert sent.
Which wouldn't be that surprising since dyscode was talking about IndieGala sales (not GamersGate) - or am I completely missing something?

(Which is well possible, I'm just surfacing from an 8-hour-session of playing "Gray Matter" to completion, and boy did that game have good characters and storytelling. May take a while until I've fully adapted back to the real world. ;) Side note: Gray Matter is on sale at GamersGate at the moment, get it if you like adventure gameswith serious/dark mystery stories.)
Is it just me or are some of these Gamersgate prices... higher than normal?

Sonic Generations says it's 80% off. But it also says the list price is 49.95. The price on Steam is $29.99.
Psyringe: I don't recall any recent sales of "Downfall" or "Unepic",
Last Sale of Downfall was December 2010, maybe on one other occasion but that*s it, IIRC.
Foxhack: Is it just me or are some of these Gamersgate prices... higher than normal?

Sonic Generations says it's 80% off. But it also says the list price is 49.95. The price on Steam is $29.99.
Australian prices. It's a "bug" they've had for years. Given how they can't be arsed to fix it; I doubt it's a bug at all. GG have been steadily going downhill for years, they they don't give a shite about misleading customers like this any more is just another part of that process.
Psyringe: Which wouldn't be that surprising since dyscode was talking about IndieGala sales (not GamersGate) - or am I completely missing something?
No, some of those games in the bundle dyscode mentioned are also on sale on Gamersgate (for example, Future Wars is selling for $1.24 at 70% off)
Warning:

Reaxxion on Greenman forces itself in 800 x 600 res, ignores tags in Launch Options and has it's cfg file encrypted.

My partner asked me why I had my monitor set to 'Gradma Vision.'

Also no game pad support so look forward purchasing Padder or learning Joy2Key.

For those hungry for a good BreakOut-type game let me direct your attention to this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20820/
carnival73: Warning:

Reaxxion on Greenman (..sucks on various technical and spritual grounds.)

For those hungry for a good BreakOut-type game let me direct your attention to this:

Wizorb would be another fine choice. Edit: I would definitely agree on getting Shatter first though, and in either case buy from the game's homepage via Humble Store widget.

MumboJumbo is a sweat-shop where joyless, marketing-driven code is compelled, via leather strop, from half-naked Malaysian children. The lack of fun in the resulting entertainment products is a natural result of this extraction process.
Post edited April 23, 2013 by pen_sq
carnival73: Warning:

Reaxxion on Greenman (..sucks on various technical and spritual grounds.)

pen_sq: Wizorb would be another fine choice. Edit: I would definitely agree on getting Shatter first though, and in either case buy from the game's homepage via Humble Store widget.

MumboJumbo is a sweat-shop where joyless, marketing-driven code is compelled, via leather strop, from half-naked Malaysian children. The lack of fun in the resulting entertainment products is a natural result of this extraction process.
Man, with further investigation into Reaxxion - Mumbo Jumbo is Troll Ware....this shit is fucked up so bad it looks like the developer did it intentionally to fuck people off.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/15950/discussions/0/810922320229987440/

On a happier note....my other buy today "PIckers" is tits n beer and the only sensible use of 'Hidden Object' that I've seen. The game isn't all hidden object however - it also implements an bartering and selling element like Recettear.

EDIT:

Pickers is a Mumbo Jumbo production as well. I'm not sure how a company can go and release such a good game and also be responsible Joke Ware.
Post edited April 23, 2013 by carnival73
Psyringe: I don't recall any recent sales of "Downfall" or "Unepic",
dyscode: Last Sale of Downfall was December 2010, maybe on one other occasion but that*s it, IIRC.
glad i didnt miss any Downfall sale! ^_^

sorry if i was unclear before. on GG today/yesterday i got 3 email alerts about price drops, so i came to this thread and saw the list

on my page on GG
tab 'wishlist', sub tab 'alerts', page header "MY PRICE DROP ALERTS"
http://www.gamersgate.com/account/alerts

it has 5 'alerts' of which i got only 3. 3 were off the linked list. the other 2 were Downfall and Unepic.
there is not any time date info but the 3 i did get a message about (today/yesterday) were in the middle of the list and Downfall and Unepic were on the outside of the list (one top and one bottom).

i was thinking i missed out on some 12 hour or 1 day sale on GG and didnt get the email or something (not unusual; steam never emails me on games on the wishlist but will randomly allow a message to 'timely' alert me on a sale price drop).

i had no GG account in 2010 so its not an old alert i forgot to delete.
but as long as no one KNOWs i just missed a sale ill just chalk it up as an anomaly.
GG Spring Sale daily deals,

Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle is 75% off
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Digital Deluxe Edition is 85% off (DRM:Steamworks)
FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection: Seekers Edition is 75% off
Front Mission Evolved is 75% off (DRM:Steamworks)
Post edited April 23, 2013 by grynn
dyscode: on GG Sale for us Adventure Lovers :

Gray Matter €4.50, $5, -50% DRM Free
Psyringe: I'm just surfacing from an 8-hour-session of playing "Gray Matter" to completion, and boy did that game have good characters and storytelling. May take a while until I've fully adapted back to the real world. ;) Side note: Gray Matter is on sale at GamersGate at the moment, get it if you like adventure gameswith serious/dark mystery stories.
For those interested in getting Gray Matter, there's no need to spend even $5 on it. GG has a bundle on sale right now where you can get it cheaper:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-A4P/adventure-4-pack-bundle

Their "Adventure 4 Pack" only costs $2.50, AND it incudes:

Alter Ego
Black Mirror 2
Gray Matter
The Rockin' Dead

Much more bang for your buck ! Hmm, maybe I should get it...

(Although I don't know why they have BM2 instead of BM1. I mean really. They already have a BM2 + BM3 bundle, which would have gone well with this.)
dyscode: on GG Sale for us Adventure Lovers :

Gray Matter €4.50, $5, -50% DRM Free
BlueMooner:
Psyringe: I'm just surfacing from an 8-hour-session of playing "Gray Matter" to completion, and boy did that game have good characters and storytelling. May take a while until I've fully adapted back to the real world. ;) Side note: Gray Matter is on sale at GamersGate at the moment, get it if you like adventure gameswith serious/dark mystery stories.
BlueMooner: For those interested in getting Gray Matter, there's no need to spend even $5 on it. GG has a bundle on sale right now where you can get it cheaper:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-A4P/adventure-4-pack-bundle

Their "Adventure 4 Pack" only costs $2.50, AND it incudes:

Alter Ego
Black Mirror 2
Gray Matter
The Rockin' Dead

Much more bang for your buck ! Hmm, maybe I should get it...

(Although I don't know why they have BM2 instead of BM1. I mean really. They already have a BM2 + BM3 bundle, which would have gone well with this.)
damn, thanks for the heads up, I will buy it but I can't from here... I guess is region restricted <.<
Post edited April 23, 2013 by Recsam511
Recsam511: damn, thanks for the heads up, I will buy it but I can't from here... I guess is region restricted <.<
I just looked and don't see it on the UK site (don't know how many sites GG has). If you want I'll buy it for you. Send me 3000 BC or a game of similar value and I'll gift it to you.