It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes for $3.75 on gamefly. Registers on steam.

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Might-and-Magic-Clash-of-Heroes/158075/
StingingVelvet: Alice Madness Returns is on amazon for $5... totally worth it if you like platforming.
I didn't like it (thought it drug on) but for 5 USD seeing the pretty environments is probably worth it. Did you need a gamepad on PC? I played on XBox 360 and I can't see it being very pleasant without a pad.
orcishgamer: Wtf, Max Payne 3 download on Amazon is up to 40 USD now??? Well, I guess I'll be waiting for it to go back down...

Anyone know if that 2K Strategy Pack [Download] has all the Civ 4 and 5 stuff I'd want? Or is there must have DLC for Civ V?
mystral: There isn't any must have DLC for Civ V, all of it adds up to a few extra civs you can easily do without, and some scenarii that aren't all that interesting, imo.
Even the new expansion, Gods & Kings isn't that important, it doesn't change things much compared to the base game.

When it comes to Civ IV and V, all you really need is both base games and the expansions for Civ IV (Beyond the Sword being way more important than the other one).
Thanks, gonna pick it up as soon as I'm off this lame conference call.
Post edited July 06, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Did you need a gamepad on PC?
It can be physically painful without a gamepad on PC.
orcishgamer: Did you need a gamepad on PC?
grviper: It can be physically painful without a gamepad on PC.
Yes, you definitely want a controller for Alice M:R.

And I may add, I think it is a great game, not a perfect one. Yes it is somewhat repetitive and the enemies are more reskinned than anything. And some camera angles have problems and it is somewhat linear, and the final boss is shit, as it is with final bosses usually. But Boy (or girl) I tell you: the combat Mechanics are so spot on, as I have rarely seen in other games. IMHO if you fail, you feels it's your fault and not the engine's.
So I guess the combat is the deal breaker. Either you love it instantly or you hate the game, because there will only little bit else besides combat. Worth the $15 I paid.
dyscode: But Boy (or girl) I tell you: the combat Mechanics are so spot on, as I have rarely seen in other games. IMHO if you fail, you feels it's your fault and not the engine's.
So I guess the combat is the deal breaker. Either you love it instantly or you hate the game, because there will only little bit else besides combat.
It tries to be Devil May Cry. Doesn't have enough tricky moves and enemy variety for it, but it tries. Even those optional challenge rooms area accounted for.
MR has an Easter egg with dead Raz from Psychonauts.
Platforming is repetitive, though. Upskirt steam vents and hovering platforms make up the majority of the jumping sections. Unique obstacles are few and far between, minigames are uninspired and forgettable (hard not to forget a 5 minute section in a 2 hour chapter).
It does get repetitive and the combat is merely average. I didn't even finish the game, got close to the end but not quite. Still it's WELL worth $5.

And yeah I used a gamepad... I think a gamepad is as essential to PC gaming as a video card and people who refuse to use them for platformers, racing games and other such things BAFFLE me.
bobo797: Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes for $3.75 on gamefly. Registers on steam.

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Might-and-Magic-Clash-of-Heroes/158075/
Thanks. I've been mulling that one for awhile. under 4 sounds good.
----------

BTW, how do you tell that it's a steam key? The gamefly site says 3rd party download which I ASSUME means it's a steam key but they don't spell it out. Or did you buy it and get a steam key?
Post edited July 06, 2012 by Artki
StingingVelvet: It does get repetitive and the combat is merely average. I didn't even finish the game, got close to the end but not quite. Still it's WELL worth $5.

And yeah I used a gamepad... I think a gamepad is as essential to PC gaming as a video card and people who refuse to use them for platformers, racing games and other such things BAFFLE me.
I think they've preached that mouse and keyboard is superior for so long, in order to somehow "one-up" the console players, they forget that that has never been 100% the case.
dyscode: But Boy (or girl) I tell you: the combat Mechanics are so spot on, as I have rarely seen in other games. IMHO if you fail, you feels it's your fault and not the engine's.
So I guess the combat is the deal breaker. Either you love it instantly or you hate the game, because there will only little bit else besides combat.
grviper: It tries to be Devil May Cry. Doesn't have enough tricky moves and enemy variety for it, but it tries. Even those optional challenge rooms area accounted for.
MR has an Easter egg with dead Raz from Psychonauts.
Platforming is repetitive, though. Upskirt steam vents and hovering platforms make up the majority of the jumping sections. Unique obstacles are few and far between, minigames are uninspired and forgettable (hard not to forget a 5 minute section in a 2 hour chapter).
I lost my nerves on Devil May Cry after 3 hours of gameplay on the PS2.
Post edited July 06, 2012 by dyscode
nijuu: Thanks
Will try out the demo for myself and see..:)
deadfolk: I bought it in the sale, but haven't had a chance to test it yet. There are some very good reviews - check out http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/29/spec-ops-review-pc/ or Total Biscuit's WTF is... on YouTube.

It sounds like it's the storyline more than the sand that makes it unique. You are in a deserted (no pun intented) Dubai fighting American soldiers for a reason that is initially unclear. Supposed to be very grim and thought provoking. Sounded right up my alley, so to speak.
Thanks. I love TotalBiscuits WTF series in general. His 'review' has pretty much sold me certain games (or dodge certain shite ones) in the past :)
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/recession_bundle_by_indiegamebundlescom

http://groupees.com/bemine3
"If we reach $50k, then for the first 24hrs of Build a Bundle 2, we’ll discount game and bundle prices by 40%!
BAB2 launches next week."

So, $3,300 needed in 29 hours.

SimonG: BINARY DOMAIN ALERT

That game is awesome. It is running circles around Gears of War in gameplay, story and sheer awesomeness.

It is of distinctive taste, but if you are into this Ghost in the Shell/Blade Runner vibe and can stand a 3rd Person FPS, go for it!
Color me interested about GitS and Blade Runner, totally. What does it have in common with these? You mean the art style or what?

ne_zavarj: GameStop / Impulse :

The Witcher Bundle $27.49
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $23.99 (serials can be activated on GOG)
LOL,

Nuuvem is selling TW2 for $9.99. And who would buy TW1 there for $4.99 since it was already sold for this price on GOG?!

StingingVelvet: Alice Madness Returns is on amazon for $5... totally worth it if you like platforming.
You know what would be nice? If GOG released Alice 2 + Alice 1, for $9.99 or $15.
Post edited July 06, 2012 by taczillabr
While not technically a deal, Gamersgate has Dead Island GOTY for $20. Good price for everything and hoping either Steam gets it on sale or Gamersgate discounts it for Summer Sale. :)
deadfolk: I bought it in the sale, but haven't had a chance to test it yet. There are some very good reviews - check out http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/29/spec-ops-review-pc/ or Total Biscuit's WTF is... on YouTube.

It sounds like it's the storyline more than the sand that makes it unique. You are in a deserted (no pun intented) Dubai fighting American soldiers for a reason that is initially unclear. Supposed to be very grim and thought provoking. Sounded right up my alley, so to speak.
nijuu: Thanks. I love TotalBiscuits WTF series in general. His 'review' has pretty much sold me certain games (or dodge certain shite ones) in the past :)
That review might have just convinced me to buy that...
Rohan15: While not technically a deal, Gamersgate has Dead Island GOTY for $20. Good price for everything and hoping either Steam gets it on sale or Gamersgate discounts it for Summer Sale. :)
That's a great deal for that game, the two DLCs when thrown in that cheap are good to have.
Post edited July 06, 2012 by orcishgamer
taczillabr: You know what would be nice? If GOG released Alice 2 + Alice 1, for $9.99 or $15.
No way a non-sale price should be anywhere near that low, IMO.
taczillabr: You know what would be nice? If GOG released Alice 2 + Alice 1, for $9.99 or $15.
StingingVelvet: No way a non-sale price should be anywhere near that low, IMO.
Why not? Alice is old as hell now. And Alice 2 has been on deep discount so many times it's normal price just ought to be the sale price.