It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: words
Profanity: Oh well, thanks for trying to help! I'll find out will the comp thing work when Mass Effect downloads.
Let us know how it goes. Maybe someone will be able to work it out.
gameon: words
Profanity: Oh well, thanks for trying to help! I'll find out will the comp thing work when Mass Effect downloads.
In any case mass 1 isn't so fast game that it would ruin all of that but I've played that 2 times so in my future if I try to have sex with ashley, I'll do it with that genesis-dlc-comic.
Still.. It's always worth a shot if you use any comodo croducts that you try without them. (more or less.. mostly without defence+)
Other than that.. With your machine it should work better than in mine.

Edit: Words? Indeed.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Antimateria
Antimateria: In any case mass 1 isn't so fast game that it would ruin all of that but I've played that 2 times so in my future if I try to have sex with ashley, I'll do it with that genesis-dlc-comic.
Still.. It's always worth a shot if you use any comodo croducts that you try without them. (more or less.. mostly without defence+)

Even if it isn't a fast game, which I don't really know, it's just... stutters make me cringe in any game.
Antimateria: In any case mass 1 isn't so fast game that it would ruin all of that but I've played that 2 times so in my future if I try to have sex with ashley, I'll do it with that genesis-dlc-comic.

Profanity: Even if it isn't a fast game, which I don't really know, it's just... stutters make me cringe in any game.
So true..
Some point my GTA IV worked better in a lesser machine. Now.. Well, it is what it is (probably after that one weird patch.. so thanks steam). Also I tried to mod that one and after that I justed wasted space with that crashing game. Still that link what I previously linked, that mass effect 2 (and 3) fov, It's pretty good. Doesn't seem to have much trouble.

Profanity: Even if it isn't a fast game, which I don't really know, it's just... stutters make me cringe in any game.
Look in your mail.. I'm kinda in there. ^^
Profanity: 8GB ram. Quad Core 3,30. W7. GeForce GTX 550 Ti.
gameon: Ok, a few things.

I'm not sure about whether Mass Effect 1 supports 2 cores let alone 4. The game was released before windows 7, and do you have 32bit or 64bit windows? If its 64bit, it may not be as compatible.

Plus your graphics card drivers might need updating?

Also try the compatability settings and set it to xp.
I have played it in my i7 with no problem, so it supports quad quore, the rest of my specs are windows 7 64, and radeon hd 5970, 12gb ram (I had 6 the first time I tried it and maxed everything without problems)
I tried again to be sure and had no problems, so it must be another thing.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by mefet
gameon: Ok, a few things.

I'm not sure about whether Mass Effect 1 supports 2 cores let alone 4. The game was released before windows 7, and do you have 32bit or 64bit windows? If its 64bit, it may not be as compatible.

Plus your graphics card drivers might need updating?

Also try the compatability settings and set it to xp.
mefet: I have played it in my i7 with no problem, so it supports quad quore, the rest of my specs are windows 7 64, and radeon hd 5970, 12gb ram (I had 6 the first time I tried it and maxed everything without problems)
I tried again to be sure and had no problems, so it must be another thing.
you have a lot of ram Zoltan.

Also I didn't probably mention that I too use Win 7 x64 ..or it just has something to do with.. well.. something? I mean, I did use Origin but most logilal thing would be that it just would make it worse. My phenom is crappy in comparison.

Also Zoltan.. what good times we had in witcher..
iRacing 50% off, http://www.iracing.com/half-off/

1 month for $6
3 months for $15
1 year for $49.50
2 years for $89.50
*This promotion is for NEW memberships only! Expires 7/31/2012.

Also if you are into the racing genre, there's a new game I posted about:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/game_stock_car_by_reiza_studios
gameon: Let us know how it goes. Maybe someone will be able to work it out.
Holy crap, XP Compatibility mode worked like a charm.

I thank you verily and verily more!
gameon: Let us know how it goes. Maybe someone will be able to work it out.
Profanity: Holy crap, XP Compatibility mode worked like a charm.

I thank you verily and verily more!
Awesome! I'm glad i could help :)
Antimateria: you have a lot of ram Zoltan.
If you build a machine right now you'll find the cost of 16GB is so low you'd probably put it in just because.
Antimateria: you have a lot of ram Zoltan.
orcishgamer: If you build a machine right now you'll find the cost of 16GB is so low you'd probably put it in just because.
Yeah, I had 6, and it was so cheap to double it...
Post edited July 09, 2012 by mefet
orcishgamer: If you build a machine right now you'll find the cost of 16GB is so low you'd probably put it in just because.
Return of the Ram Drive?
JMich: Return of the Ram Drive?
Ram drives have two flaws, one, even though you can use cheaper Ram than your Ram modules, it's still more per GB than a SSD (or close to it, SSDs are a lot cheaper now), and though they are fast, they need constant power for refresh, you lose power, you lose data. So now you need a high end power cleaner/battery backup. Sure, you can mirror all the data somewhere else in case you lose it, but that's a slow process.

Overall, they're a cool idea, I'm just wondering if there isn't a better design for them.
Post edited July 09, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Overall, they're a cool idea, I'm just wondering if there isn't a better design for them.
I have a friend (or addict) who carries a usb stick with WoW on him at all times. On his desktop, he has an SSD just for WoW. While WoW would definately not fit in a ram drive, I guess it is possible to load some smaller games there (Torchlight, Legend of GrimRock, or any <4GB game). Not sure if you'd really see a performance boost though.