It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Added Binary Domain to my amazon haul... good price. Considering the Sonic stuff, but I have heard those games are weak compared to Generations.
StingingVelvet: Added Binary Domain to my amazon haul... good price. Considering the Sonic stuff, but I have heard those games are weak compared to Generations.
Binary Domain looked interesting, I really would like to play the voice based squad command stuff on Kinect but they really have to solve the ambient sound problem (no freaking clue how to do that other than headphones).
I think these 2 were added today to the Amazon sale:

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for $7.49
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution for $7.49

This is the cheapest price Retribution has been yet. Am I missing anything without the DLC or are they only cosmetic items?
Post edited July 04, 2012 by OmegaX
OmegaX: I think these 2 were added today to the Amazon sale:

This is the cheapest price Retribution has been yet. Am I missing anything without the DLC or are they only cosmetic items?
Cosmetic and only for multiplayer
OmegaX: I think these 2 were added today to the Amazon sale:

mefet: Cosmetic and only for multiplayer
Retribution DLC has 3 flavours.
Race skins that are purely cosmetic.
Last Stand Wargear that is generally useful but only for co-op multiplayer mode.
Campaign wargear that is extra equipment for single player campaigns. Generally, these are useful at the start, but you will probably not want to use it right to the end.
mefet: Cosmetic and only for multiplayer
Rodzaju: Retribution DLC has 3 flavours.
Last Stand Wargear that is generally useful but only for co-op multiplayer mode.
Campaign wargear that is extra equipment for single player campaigns. Generally, these are useful at the start, but you will probably not want to use it right to the end.
Thanks both. I'll be playing SP only so I guess I won't be bothering with the DLC then.
Anuman interactive sale on DotEmu 60% off....
Btw Syberia is $14.99, Syberia 2 is $14.99 and Syberia Pack ( both included) is also $14.99... Whats with that ?
Earthworm JIm Collection 60% off at $7.99, Steam..
I was also about to post about the Sega Awesome Pack sale.. (70 ~ % off), but it just got over, along with the total war bundle (Amazon)
Post edited July 04, 2012 by mshashankr
If I only have Retribution, will I be able to play as any race in multiplayer?
AFnord: If I only have Retribution, will I be able to play as any race in multiplayer?
YES.
Multiplayer is segregated by game, so you will not be able to play with anyone unless they also have retribution.
But if they do have retribution, you can both use any of the races.
Rodzaju: YES.
Multiplayer is segregated by game, so you will not be able to play with anyone unless they also have retribution.
But if they do have retribution, you can both use any of the races.
Thanks! Some friends have been talking about starting to play DoW 2 in multiplayer against each other. Now I might actually consider buying it, in order to be able to play with them.
StingingVelvet: Added Binary Domain to my amazon haul... good price. Considering the Sonic stuff, but I have heard those games are weak compared to Generations.
Just bought it, looks interesting. Definitely worth the gamble. Are you planning on getting the "pay to win SP DLC?".

I'm somewhat on the fence. It's only 1,5€, but I don't want to support that model.
SimonG: Just bought it, looks interesting. Definitely worth the gamble. Are you planning on getting the "pay to win SP DLC?".

I'm somewhat on the fence. It's only 1,5€, but I don't want to support that model.
Interesting. Not gonna bite, I like a challenge and generally in my experience games are designed to not use the DLC (which is funny since people insist it's "cut content").
A question to everyone: Can do Kickstarter Projects/ Crowd Funded Projects be seen als sales?

I mean they are time limited and you get at usually 50% off the final game price by supporting it, so they hold up to the definition of a sale. Was this already discussed here?

If this counts as sale, funding I got this really interesting project from a pro team.
Magrunner (stupid name though) It´s a mix of CTHULHU lore and Portal, It´s basically already funded but they wanted to let the crowed make the decisions on the final touches. From €15 your´re in.

http://www.lab.gamesplanet.com/magrunner/?utm_campaign=project_6227&utm_source=GGUK&utm_medium=mail&mId=250581976
Post edited July 04, 2012 by dyscode
dyscode: A question to everyone: Can do Kickstarter Projects/ Crowd Funded Projects be seen als sales?
While KS projects often include a reward with the digital edition of the game, and the bid to get said reward is usually discounted from the stated retail price, these games are not yet made. If they were just defraying the cost of a production run (like board games tend to do) then that might be different, but these games may never exist and if they ever do it'll be a year or two before you can play them; I, personally, do not consider them to be a "gaming deal" simply because of that.

We do have some good KS threads, including a generic KS project thread. I'd suggest posting them there.

EDIT: Man that Amazon Syndicate deal is pretty amazing, do I need any DLC to enjoy the multiplayer (map packs or whatever) or am I good to go with the base game?
Post edited July 04, 2012 by orcishgamer
Get Binary Domain from Amazon now. It's lots of fun and after the patch there is no problem with the controls anymore.
I'm really glad I bought it.