It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: Oh man, I want that Alan Wake deal but I have spent so much already. Also would rather get it DRM free here.... arg!
ABH20: Wait for the GOG Christmas Sale. Work on your backlog of games in the meantime.
I don't play video games, I just buy them.
Bulletstorm for $5 is a great deal. It IS console-focused but the PC version looks wonderful and outside of menus controls well. A much different kind of shooter than most recent ones... faster, more fun, more varied.
StingingVelvet: Bulletstorm for $5 is a great deal. It IS console-focused but the PC version looks wonderful and outside of menus controls well. A much different kind of shooter than most recent ones... faster, more fun, more varied.
Just a word of warning, though. It does not activate anywhere. You can get it on Origin with some sweet talking, but it is not guaranteed.

Edit: Oh, and the game is really, really awesome. Had a great time with it.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by SimonG
SimonG: Just a word of warning, though. It does not activate anywhere. You can get it on Origin with some sweet talking, but it is not guaranteed.
Just download from amazon, swap the exe, back it up and pretend you got it from GOG!

;)
StingingVelvet: Bulletstorm for $5 is a great deal. It IS console-focused but the PC version looks wonderful and outside of menus controls well. A much different kind of shooter than most recent ones... faster, more fun, more varied.
SimonG: Just a word of warning, though. It does not activate anywhere. You can get it on Origin with some sweet talking, but it is not guaranteed.

Don't forget, Games for Windows Live AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Steam Daily: Insecticide Part 1.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/16710/

A game that will never get a sequel. :(
Insecticide Part 1 is like a demo almost - you only get the first couple of chapters so basically it sets up the story then the game ends. It's got a couple of action parts and a couple of adventure parts... neither of it is particularly well done. It was also like 10 cents on GG a while ago.
Insecticide was released in full (story-wise) on DS. The second part of the PC release was cancelled by the new publisher/owner.
ABH20: Wait for the GOG Christmas Sale. Work on your backlog of games in the meantime.
StingingVelvet: I don't play video games, I just buy them.
Oh I see you and I have the same problem. Honestly, I've been playing Shoot Many Robots for over a week now. I have no good reason other than I haven't soloed Insane mode and haven't collected every piece of level 50 gear. This is time that I won't spend on Assassin's Creed or some other, probably great, game that I should have played by now.

Foxhack: Don't forget, Games for Windows Live AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Steam Daily: Insecticide Part 1.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/16710/

A game that will never get a sequel. :(
See for me GFWL is a plus, I know some people have had problems with it, but I haven't, and I get to do the FPS games with achievements with a mouse and keyboard. That's much easier if you're supposed to do something like "Get 10 Headshots in a Single Match".
Post edited July 08, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: See for me GFWL is a plus, I know some people have had problems with it, but I haven't, and I get to do the FPS games with achievements with a mouse and keyboard. That's much easier if you're supposed to do something like "Get 10 Headshots in a Single Match".
It has the stupid DRM / regional restrictions / other crap. From what I read few days ago, Windows 8's implementation of the XBOX APIs will be available for ~180 countries and won't require a client.
I wouldn't play Bulletstorm online, so really it's a minor inconvenience. Sign into an offline profile, turn notifications off, pretend it doesn't exist.
orcishgamer: See for me GFWL is a plus, I know some people have had problems with it, but I haven't, and I get to do the FPS games with achievements with a mouse and keyboard. That's much easier if you're supposed to do something like "Get 10 Headshots in a Single Match".
Elenarie: It has the stupid DRM / regional restrictions / other crap. From what I read few days ago, Windows 8's implementation of the XBOX APIs will be available for ~180 countries and won't require a client.
It has DRM and regional restrictions... so does Steam, Battle.net, and pretty much everything but GOG... Some of these I know you play, so what is your problem again?

EDIT: And in general, why does the Amazon sale have the Civ IV and Civ V combo pack cheaper than just Civ V (not even mentioning Civ V complete)???!!! I have Civ IV (apparently)...
StingingVelvet: I wouldn't play Bulletstorm online, so really it's a minor inconvenience. Sign into an offline profile, turn notifications off, pretend it doesn't exist.
I swear, we need to get you into a decent online community, it's not as bad as you think, promise;)
Post edited July 08, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: It has DRM and regional restrictions... so does Steam, Battle.net, and pretty much everything but GOG... Some of these I know you play, so what is your problem again?
Its not available in my country.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Elenarie
orcishgamer: It has DRM and regional restrictions... so does Steam, Battle.net, and pretty much everything but GOG... Some of these I know you play, so what is your problem again?
Elenarie: Its not available in my country.
That does suck, though I suspect you have that issue with several big services. Are you able to "trick it" with a proxy or whatever?
orcishgamer: That does suck, though I suspect you have that issue with several big services. Are you able to "trick it" with a proxy or whatever?
I could probably use a fake address and stuff, but then my whole account would get locked on that address. I've seen many horror stories... the XBOX support crew telling people to make a new gamecard just because they've moved in another country (thus having to split games into multiple accounts).

It would cause more problems that it is worth, so I guess everything GfWL is off the table for us Eastern European folks.

EDIT: I guess this is a discussion for another thread, so that we wouldn't go off topic much. :)
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Elenarie
At some point.. I.. (as in me aka mostly great person) saw that read that still some one is hesitating to get mass effect 3. If he had that dilemma, he never played that series. Of course all the endings suck but those a bit never things (patch thingies) seemed better. I did pre-order and it was mostly great... Blah blah.. Wait.. Where am I? ^^