It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sebarnolds: Otherwise, I did not see any impact from my decisions on season 1 in my playthrough.
Spoilerish

I remember finding a Season 1 character dead at the side of the road in my playthrough, but that was the only thing I saw from Season 1.
Post edited July 26, 2013 by OvaltineJenkins
Fortix 2

Started playing for the cards, continued because its actually a better game than the first one (which I didn't care for.) Played on Hard, was able to perfect ever level except the last one - tried for over and hour and just couldn't do it.
Just finished Burnout Paradise for the PC.
Bapabooiee: Just finished Burnout Paradise for the PC.
And???

Sucks? Great? Can't remember?

Just curious. lol
Medal of Honour - Spearhead

I enjoyed this alot more then allied assualt. There was really only one annoying mission and the auto aim the AI seemed to have from the first game was fixed. You would get hit occasionally or when doing something stupid out in the open but not have your head taken off from 300 meters away as soon as you pop it around the corner.

Shame this expansion is so short though, 3 fairly quick missions and it was over.
Dark Souls. I did it. After starting it twice before, I finally started it and played the game to completion. My first playthrough, as I later found out, was almost doomed to fail for a newbie such as myself. I chose the Deprived class, which starts with nothing but a club. After four hours of frustration, I did a little research and discovered that one of the better classes for a beginner was the Pyromancer. Started a Pyromancer and did reasonably well. Some twenty-five hours in, I was struggling every step of the way, having handicapped myself severely by trying to become a Jack-of-all-trades. I finally abandoned that playthrough and put the game on hold for about six months.

When I finally came back a little over a week ago, I started fresh with a Warrior. Things immediately got off to a better start, and though I still struggled a bit in some of the early parts, once I got the Drake Sword, things started looking up. I also finally started upgrading weapons and spending more time properly developing my character, instead of upgrading random stats.

And I must say I enjoyed the game greatly. There were quite a few moments of frustration, but in the end, I had a lot of fun. I used a walkthrough a lot, but really, a walkthrough can only do so much in a game like Dark Souls.
Daedalus1138: Dark Souls. I did it. After starting it twice before, I finally started it and played the game to completion. My first playthrough, as I later found out, was almost doomed to fail for a newbie such as myself. I chose the Deprived class, which starts with nothing but a club. After four hours of frustration, I did a little research and discovered that one of the better classes for a beginner was the Pyromancer. Started a Pyromancer and did reasonably well. Some twenty-five hours in, I was struggling every step of the way, having handicapped myself severely by trying to become a Jack-of-all-trades. I finally abandoned that playthrough and put the game on hold for about six months.

When I finally came back a little over a week ago, I started fresh with a Warrior. Things immediately got off to a better start, and though I still struggled a bit in some of the early parts, once I got the Drake Sword, things started looking up. I also finally started upgrading weapons and spending more time properly developing my character, instead of upgrading random stats.

And I must say I enjoyed the game greatly. There were quite a few moments of frustration, but in the end, I had a lot of fun. I used a walkthrough a lot, but really, a walkthrough can only do so much in a game like Dark Souls.
Congratulations. From all I have heard about this game, completing it is quite an accomplishment. I agree about the walkthrough thing, they can be helpful but ultimately it is you that has to prevail. Speaking of which, you must be feeling pretty good about persevering right about now. Congratulations again! :D
Some of my Summer Sale purchases

Rage - The Scorchers - More of the same from the base game. Lots of mutants and gangers to kill, plus a very fan-servicey female companion, which I never cared about, no matter how often the camera shows off what she's got. Eh, overall. Not bad, but I'm kinda glad that I paid about $1 for this and not the full price for the DLC.

Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor who Cloned Me. Another solid piece of DLC, with an ok sequel campaign to the main game. It features some funny ideas (throwing around a mini-dude and all) and some callbacks to Duke Nukem 3D and the rest of the games. More of the same, again, but I kinda got a kick out of DNF, so I didn't really mind.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Hm, some interesting short stories, but that's about it. I finished the whole thing in about 90 minutes. It remains to be seen how any of this influences Season 2.
Post edited July 29, 2013 by Nergal01
Bapabooiee: Just finished Burnout Paradise for the PC.
dirtyharry50: And???

Just curious. lol
It's a really great game, and I've been enjoying it immensely. Note the present-tense, which means I'm still playing it.

The main single-player game took me about 8 hours to beat (to get a Burnout-class license and have the credits roll), but I went back to play the multiplayer and I'm damn glad I did. It's absolutely exhilarating, and there's always stuff to do.

I also just got back from a 5+ hour session of doing random events around the city, chasing and being chased around at high speed, and doing an 8-man demo derby in an abandoned airfield. Kinda surprised that a 4.5 year-old game is still kicking like that.
Post edited July 29, 2013 by Bapabooiee
Finished:

Icewind Dale II
Knights of the Chalice

Wasn't expecting to enjoy ID2 as much as i did. Knights of the Chalice was really good.
dirtyharry50: And???

Just curious. lol
Bapabooiee: It's a really great game, and I've been enjoying it immensely. Note the present-tense, which means I'm still playing it.

The main single-player game took me about 8 hours to beat (to get a Burnout-class license and have the credits roll), but I went back to play the multiplayer and I'm damn glad I did. It's absolutely exhilarating, and there's always stuff to do.

I also just got back from a 5+ hour session of doing random events around the city, chasing and being chased around at high speed, and doing an 8-man demo derby in an abandoned airfield. Kinda surprised that a 4.5 year-old game is still kicking like that.
That sounds great. I'm glad to hear it. That one is next up for me whenever I finish Flatout: Ultimate Carnage which I've been having a good time with. I play it for an hour here and there between other games but enjoy it every time.

I've never tried multiplayer in racing game. I should do that sometime. It must be pretty fun racing other people.
dirtyharry50: I've never tried multiplayer in racing game. I should do that sometime. It must be pretty fun racing other people.
Especially with FlatOut, if you can find a room full of other players. Me and a couple ex-classmates used to play this a lot online, against other random folk too and it was always good fun. Races would often descend into chaos, which of course suits the game and IMO is much more fun than serious racers (a la "you scratched my paintjob, you noob! Quit trying to ruin other people's race!" FlatOut is all about that + more and it's awesome because of it)
dirtyharry50: That sounds great. I'm glad to hear it. That one is next up for me whenever I finish Flatout: Ultimate Carnage which I've been having a good time with. I play it for an hour here and there between other games but enjoy it every time.
Well if you decide to buy it, just make sure you get Burnout Paradise on Steam, and don't accidentally buy an Origin-activatable key. The Origin version -- in addition to requiring being launched from within the client -- also has SecuROM DRM on it - and it's already caused me some headache (documented and fixed, here). In addition, revoking the SecuROM activations for the Origin version of BP doesn't even work, so that's another problem to deal with.

The Steam version of BP, however, doesn't use SecuROM - only Steamworks DRM. So that'd be the best place to get it.

I think it's also worth noting that Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit -- another racing game by the same devs of BP -- normally uses SolidShield as its DRM. But on Steam, it's patched-out in favor of Steamworks.
dirtyharry50: That sounds great. I'm glad to hear it. That one is next up for me whenever I finish Flatout: Ultimate Carnage which I've been having a good time with. I play it for an hour here and there between other games but enjoy it every time.
Bapabooiee: Well if you decide to buy it, just make sure you get Burnout Paradise on Steam, and don't accidentally buy an Origin-activatable key. The Origin version -- in addition to requiring being launched from within the client -- also has SecuROM DRM on it - and it's already caused me some headache (documented and fixed, here). In addition, revoking the SecuROM activations for the Origin version of BP doesn't even work, so that's another problem to deal with.

The Steam version of BP, however, doesn't use SecuROM - only Steamworks DRM. So that'd be the best place to get it.

I think it's also worth noting that Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit -- another racing game by the same devs of BP -- normally uses SolidShield as its DRM. But on Steam, it's patched-out in favor of Steamworks.
Thank you for pointing out that stuff about the DRM elsewhere. I did actually buy both of the mentioned games in previous Steam sales when they were very cheap. So I am good to go when I get around to them. :D
Syberia (10pm 29th July)

A really charming game. The story is really simple but you really get to like Kate Walker and Oscar though the journey. The ending does come out of nowhere and the puzzles do make sense (apart from that drink one).

I do recommend it