It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iippo: Whatever the case, i felt AN was huge let down after playing through the original Alan Wake and its bonus episodes. It just felt plain cheap on every level. I DID finish it, as i knew it was short and i had paid for it too ;) ...though i am seriously hoping if there is going to me more Wake, its more in the spirit of the first one (which is not perfect, but did quite much right).
I can understand that. And to be honest, I hope the next game (if there is one) is more like the first one, too.

EDIT: Just finished Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. My reaction? A big, fat "Meh." The first couple of levels were okay. The mechanics were simple and the puzzles were getting a bit more challenging without being too hard. However, the third level was immensely annoying. The game's controls aren't incredibly precise, and trying to solve simple puzzles while under threat of death was in no way fun. The fourth and fifth levels were drag-- I honestly never knew a 2-hour game could out-stay its welcome. The sixth level wasn't particularly difficult, but its reliance on timing and having to start the whole level over every time I died (in-game, of course) made it almost frustrating.

I won't say the game is, on the whole, bad. The visuals ware nice, as is the music. But ultimately, I didn't really enjoy it. I think it would have been much better with a more expanded story and no death. A simple, visually-pleasing puzzler with great good music and a good story would have been much better.
Post edited April 04, 2013 by Daedalus1138
Just finished Containment: the zombie puzzler

Meh.

Not a bad game, but way too short (3 "acts" divided in 5 "blocks" each), as it only lasted me a little more than 2 hours. Okay, that was the campaign, there's a survival mode, so the game is actually longer for completionists, but I didn't feel like keeping on playing it.

Why? Mainly because the controls are not so good. The point of view makes that you easily miss a swap and biy, that is annoying, when you try to fight against a kind of clock!

So, no, it's not a bad game, far from it, it has even some very nice ideas, but it's too short and a little rough around the edges...

So far in 2013 :

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
Since my last update, I have mostly been playing Omikron: The Nomad Soul, but I decided to take a break from it because it is kicking my butt (on easy mode). So, I have been playing some smaller games and trying to finish some of my backlog:

3-31 Puzzle Bots - Not a fan. Having the word "Puzzle" in the name of the game, I was expecting some good and challenging puzzles, but the puzzles weren't great. It also had a lame and cliche love story in it where the main guy character has a friend that secretly loves him, but then he falls in love with the hot new girl only to realize at the end that he loves his friend all along. Blech.

3-31 Double Dragon Neon - I have mixed feelings about this game. I loved the old Double Dragon games growing up on my NES, so I was hoping to like this. It has some good references to the original game and some fun levels and boss battles, but the game was way too easy. You don't have to worry too much about your lives since each new level resets how many extra lives you have. I was also able to go through almost the whole game without dying. Only the final boss was difficult for me. The best thing about the game for me was the soundtrack. It has a great mix of remade Double Dragon music and new 80's inspired music.

4-2 Lume - It was ok. I liked the graphical style, but it was very short (60 min) and felt like a demo.

4-4 Love+ - It's a decent platformer, but it's very short (30 min).

4-5 8-bit Commando - It was decent retro game inspired by games like Contra. I think it would work better if they redesigned the game. Right now I think the game is too easy. You have 5 minutes to complete the level, there are checkpoints, and you can die as many times you like. Because of these features, I didn't have trouble finishing any of the levels. It is also very short (6 levels that you can beat in 5 min).
Starcraft: I've finally beaten all campaigns of the first game. Definitely one of the best strategy games ever made, a true classic. Also, it is easily one of the best games I have played, even though I haven't started playing multiplayer yet which is a totally different awesomeness.

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iOS), Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS), Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Fallout 3 add-ons (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta), Wet, Silent Hill, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

2013:

Starcraft

Best game finished in 2013: Starcraft
Post edited April 06, 2013 by damien
Trine, just now.
Some of the most fun I've ever had, and while it doesn't offer much in the way of replay value it is a TRUE gem.
Just finished Hard Reset and enjoyed it. The visuals are very nice and the weapons pack a good punch. I liked the gradual weapons and armor upgrades system in the game. It took around six hours to play through but they were action packed. The story reminds me of something iD software might cook up which of course isn't saying much. That's fine though. For an inexpensive indie shooter this game is impressive. The integration with Steam and achievements, etc. is cool too if you buy that version. Definite thumbs up from me.

Next up I'm planning to play Halo:Combat Evolved and will continue with World of Warcraft casually as usual.
-Bioshock infinite
-Deadly premonition
-Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
-Silent hill 3

in this days
Just finished Mark of the Ninja - awesome game.

So, I added Mark of the Ninja PC to my list of finished games:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post44
Just finished Torchlight, in around 20 hours of play.

A good game, all in all, but since i'm not big on Diablo-like games, it really dragged by the end. Mindlessly clicking on foes, checking if i can upgrade my best gear, it's fun only for a while.

Still, Torchlight is a good game, it's just not in my favorite category of games... but I'm happy to have played it (with some mods for good measure).

But it will be a while before I start Torchlight II, I think.

So far in 2013 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
I finished all three Bioshock games this year. Just finished 2.

They all excel in different areas really. I would say 2 has the best combat with a lot of unique weaponry, plasmids and dual-wielding, plus the mobile boss fights of the original with added mobile wave-based survival in the gatherine mechanic. The level design is crap though, only the final level really stands out along with maybe the amusement part in the beginning.

The new one has better visuals and some good combat, better level design, but it mostly fails to live up in my opinion. This mostly lies in it being much more linear and not having as good of weapons and plasmids.

The original is still my favorite. It has the worst combat probably, but in the main area of the series... story, exploration, level design... it excels far beyond the others.
Batman: Arkham Asylum (fun little action game, nothing more)
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (best of the Frogwares Sherlock games so far, I think)
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (classic!)

14th april edit: Leisure Suit Larry 2: Goes Looking For Love (In Several Wrong Places)
19th april edit: Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
26th april edit: Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work

Now playing BG2, Syndicate Wars epoch campaign, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remastered, Braid
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Daliz
Austrobogulator: stuff
I recently changed my user name from Whitecroc to Jekadu. Would you mind moving my link to its appropriate place on the list?
Call of Duty VII- Black Ops I (zombie level at the end of credits was a surprise)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Leon is dead)
u2jedi: Call of Duty VII- Black Ops I (zombie level at the end of credits was a surprise)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Leon is dead)
It is good to flag surprises as spoilers so others can be surprised too. :(
It's not a spolier, that's why you are there, to keep the secret of Raccoon City. PLUS the official trailer, hunting Leon. spoilers......