It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalirion: Super Hexagon

Finally! Only took about 33-34 hours....
:O Well done. I'm still stuck on Level 3 >_>
kalirion: Super Hexagon

Finally! Only took about 33-34 hours....
Austrobogulator: :O Well done. I'm still stuck on Level 3 >_>
Don't worry, #4 and #5 aren't much harder (if at all) than #3. #6 on the other hand...
Just finished Deadlight (PC).

Yeah, it was pretty good.

Added it to my Finished in 2013 list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post44
Just finished Alan Wake

I'm not fond of horror/terror stories, I find the world terrifying enough, thank you, but I bought Alan Wake here on the advice of a friend. The same friend that recommended me th Dark Tower series by Stephen King, which I couldn't stop before the very last page and enjoying it very much. So you understand why I followed his advice.

And once again he was right. Once I got myself an xBox controller, the game caught me. A very very nice atmosphere, fabulous visuals and a gripping story. Yeah, Alan Wake IS an excellent game, one of the best I've ever played, in fact.

My only gripe with the game would be the fights. The first ones are quite nerve-shaking, because you don't really know how to fight them, but once you get the grip, it's a little always the same things and more, it's not scary at all... Observe the patterns, do accordingly, rinse and repeat.

But that's a small gripe on what is an excellent game.

But maybe I'll wait a little before playing Alan Wake: American Nightmare...

So far in 2013 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
I'm continuing Resident Evil 6 (love it so far) now that I finally escaped the blizzard and avalanche level (Sherry). Now I'm being stalked by that Bane creature with the bugs around it. It is freaky. We keep dying trying to get through the last steel door (am I not keyboarding fast enough?)

Also started Dishonored (went down the elevator) and still play the BETA maps in Shootmania Storm on a North American server. That's some lovely looking pewpew. Also playing Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Love the survival management aspect, not so much the random right in front of you walker spawn point. Right out of thin air during story trigger points. I haven't made it out of the town after getting gas yet. Bit frustrating, could be grounds for ragequit, which I never do.

Well there was Mega Turrican and Iron Storm...but not recently...
Post edited April 14, 2013 by u2jedi
I finished some more shorter length games this week.

4-7 Anodyne - One of my favorite games so far this year. I definitely recommend this game. My only complaint was that the jumping mechanic in the game isn't very good, but I eventually got used to it so it didn't really bother me too much.

4-9 DLC Quest - It's a fun game to play once. The various dlc scattered throughout the game that you need to buy in order to continue can be pretty funny, but the gameplay is nothing special.

4-11 AlterEgo: DreamWalker - It's a decent puzzle platformer with a nice gimmick, but I don't think the level design was very good. There were no levels where I had to really think in order to beat it.

4-14 Evil Quest - I really liked it. It was fun to play as the bad guy trying to kill God and destroy the world. If you ever do decide to play it, make sure you manually save the game yourself. I lost about 1.5 hours of gameplay at the start because I thought game was autosaving.

Full list Here
Post edited April 14, 2013 by OvaltineJenkins
I just finished Rage.

It was ok, bit disappointed at the way it ended and the game had a lot of flaws overall, but it was enjoyable enough. I won't be bothering going for 100% completion however.
While I was at it, I managed to finish Alan Wake: The Signal DLC

A good follow-up of the main story and a must-play for everybody who played Alan Wake, despite being under 2h of gameplay and a little heavy on the fight side.

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
Just finished Alien Shooter.
OvaltineJenkins: Evil Quest - I really liked it. It was fun to play as the bad guy trying to kill God and destroy the world. If you ever do decide to play it, make sure you manually save the game yourself. I lost about 1.5 hours of gameplay at the start because I thought game was autosaving.
My thoughts exactly on all counts.
I finished 2 first-person shooters today. 2 very different ones. First one was Spec Ops: The Line and the other one was Shadow Warrior.
I was not thrilled by any of them, but they are good games. I was looking forward to both of them and I can't say they lived up to my expectations. I read a lot about Spec Ops and people made it sound like game of decade (I think SimonG even called it that directly). But gameplay was bad, bland and boring and I had to force myself to press on. It's scripted corridor shooter and I mostly wanted the fights to be over. Story is interesting, but I can't say I understood everything and explanation of some events seemed bit strange. Also I don't mind when I have to play the kind of character like in this game, but I find it weird when games encourage you to do "evil" deeds only to booh at you later for doing them (even if you really don't do them).
Shadow Warrior I played very shortly when I was much younger (14-15 so more than 10 years ago) and I remember I found that game amazing. Now I found this game is vastly inferior to Duke or Blood. I find the humor and overall setting very stupid. Gameplay is still almost as good as in forementioned games and much better than 15 year old younger Spec Ops, but the game lacks atmosphere or original weapons and enemies of Blood or coolness, fun and weapons of Duke. As I already said, I disliked the humor, the weapons were mostly not interesting (I liked grenade launcher) and even enemies didn't impress me, maybe with exception of rippers.
I completed basic game and both map packs.

Both game are worse than I expected but certainly not bad and I would rate Shadow Warrior 7/10 and Spec Ops 6/10.

Full list.
Post edited July 12, 2013 by Vitek
This is a short list because I play games verrry slowly.

The Dig
Fallout 2
Full Throttle
Hotline Miami
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream
The Longest Journey
Planescape: Torment
All the Thief games & Grandia
Quite a few games:
01.04 - Sonic Generations
06.04 - Mark of the Ninja
07.04 - Spec Ops: The Line
11.04 - Tobe's Vertical Adventure
14.04 - The Walking Dead
15.04 - Dinner Date
15.04 - Polara

Quick view on those:
Sonic Generations
Decent enough. Really hated the boss battles. Not really difficult, just goes on and on. Especially the second to last.

Mark of the Ninja
Awesome game! Except for the filler level with bandits in the end.

Spec Ops: The Line
Generic shooter with pretty good writing. Especially the mortar scene. Dang

Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Not a good game. And I like retro styled platformers normally.

The Walking Dead
Simply amazing! Need to get back into reading WD comics.

Dinner Date
Interesting if nothing else.

Polara
This is a phone game. Endless runner, but not you usual endless runner bs. This more like that shmup Ikaruga or whats its called. Need to changed between red/blue. Game gets super hard very fast, but I did beat it!
Post edited April 15, 2013 by kalmis666
OvaltineJenkins: Evil Quest - I really liked it. It was fun to play as the bad guy trying to kill God and destroy the world. If you ever do decide to play it, make sure you manually save the game yourself. I lost about 1.5 hours of gameplay at the start because I thought game was autosaving.
kalirion: My thoughts exactly on all counts.
So I wasn't the only person who thought that the game auto-saved when you walked over a save point. :)
I found out after about 1.5 hours of playing the game on the hardest difficulty when I died and could not continue. I was a little upset, to say the least, but I came back to the game the next day because I did like it.