It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dethmin: Every time I try to start up the game I get the error The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Please help I've been trying to fix this myself for an hour. I am on Windows 10.
olnorton: You need DirectX 9.0c
Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Download the runtimes to a temporary folder on your desktop & run DXSETUP.exe
Once it says installation complete (see pic) you can delete the folder from your desktop.
And don't worry, it won't effect your newer DirectX files.
thank you very much.I have solved the problem.
olnorton: You need DirectX 9.0c
Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Download the runtimes to a temporary folder on your desktop & run DXSETUP.exe
Once it says installation complete (see pic) you can delete the folder from your desktop.
And don't worry, it won't effect your newer DirectX files.
BIG水手: thank you very much.I have solved the problem.
Anyone else getting constant microstuttering with VSync on?
1mikey1: Anyone else getting constant microstuttering with VSync on?
Nvidia:

Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1

Threaded optimization = off
1mikey1: Anyone else getting constant microstuttering with VSync on?
ngr84: Nvidia:

Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1

Threaded optimization = off
Yes, still happens.
Today I have downloaded The Witcher from GOG. It started OK (started a new game without a problem).

Then I wanted to add all recommended mods (White Wolf Returns, etc). After the process when I have tried to start the game I got error:
"the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I have removed all the mods (uninstalled White Wolf, removed Override folder from the game folder). No Luck.

I have removed the game and installed it freshly from GOG and instantly made a copy of the game folder. I have installed only the White wolf Returns mod - no luck error again. I have removed all files from the game folder and copied my fresh install into the folder - still getting this error. I have tried to launch the game as administrator in win7 compability mode - still no luck :/

What could go wrong? What I can try to do to resolve this problem? After initiall installation game ran OK.
Waltorious: Audio and/or Video Skips / Stutters in Opening Cinematic: Often just a minor skip, but actually means that some frames are being dropped in the cinematic and the sound gets out of sync.
[EDIT: This may have been fixed with the newer v2.0 download from GOG]

1) Back up the file binkw32.dll contained in your Witcher folder, and then replace it with the one found here.
Can someone please post a working download link for this updated blinkw32.dll file? I currently have the game installed on Steam. Apparently the GOG version is already updated, but I don't want to have to download and install everything just to fix this one file.
Waltorious: Audio and/or Video Skips / Stutters in Opening Cinematic: Often just a minor skip, but actually means that some frames are being dropped in the cinematic and the sound gets out of sync.

1) Back up the file binkw32.dll contained in your Witcher folder, and then replace it with the one found here.
ThreeSon: Can someone please post a working download link for this updated blinkw32.dll file? I currently have the game installed on Steam. Apparently the GOG version is already updated, but I don't want to have to download and install everything just to fix this one file.
There you go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/656f8kkk0thgrhq/Witcher%20Bink%20Audo%20Fix.zip?dl=0
ThreeSon: Can someone please post a working download link for this updated blinkw32.dll file? I currently have the game installed on Steam. Apparently the GOG version is already updated, but I don't want to have to download and install everything just to fix this one file.
olnorton: There you go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/656f8kkk0thgrhq/Witcher%20Bink%20Audo%20Fix.zip?dl=0
I updated the top post with this new download link.
Waltorious: I updated the top post with this new download link.
Thanks very much to both of you.
My Game is constantly stuttering. The game play seems to be working ok but it seems to be missing something.

[EDITED April 18, 2019 with a new download link]
This is still a problem in the newest version of Witcher Enhanced Edition. Maybe it is just isolated to newer hardware.
I had to also use V-Sync because for me, the binkw32.dll only fixed the audio stuttering but the cutscene video was fixed by turning V-Sync on and I have to keep playing the game with V-Sync on.

There is also a occasional lag problem that I have faced when playing on a GTX 1080 paired with a Ryzen 5 2400G.
That is the only hardware I play the game on.

The way that I fixed the occasional lag was using the Steam version. I already had the Steam version of the Witcher and I downloaded it, replaced the .exe file from the Steam version with GOG's version and it seemed to have solved the lag issues.

Maybe this will help those who have this issue and thank you for this sticky. Really helps.
I just barely downloaded Witcher 1 and instaed of showing "play", there is a *problem with the instalation: problem with acces to the disc* .. Wtf should I do?
Running macOS I cannot change the game resolution from 800X600, I have a maxed out 2016 MacBook pro with upgraded video card. This should run fine but when I switch my resolution to anything other than 800X600 the game backgrounds and I see my mac desktop with no finder. Hitting escape several times brings back finder and my dock I see the game is still running. If I click on it the game relaunches from the start screen still in 800X600.

Any ideas?
Hi mates, i have a problem with the witcher game, every time I try to run the game it say ¨the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). click OK to close the application.
i do not why, my pc is powerfull enought to run the game.

I have try every solution available in internet.

please help me..
I cannot play for 5 minutes without the game crashing, i'm in Salamandra's base. I've tried windowed mode and deleting most of my saved games and the problem still persists.